• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

yeah the franchise mode has sold me as well.. im buffing out 120 for this as soon as it hits stores

Hope the gameplay is clean and not as robotic as their other Rugby ***les

I've never played a game from Sidhe before. Is there a comparision to be made between Sidhe and HB and say, Fifa and Pro Evo?

On a different note, kudos to Sidhe for already answering questions on their forum. I think they have stolen a march on HB (let's face it, Rugby 2012 was announced way too early).

I will pay out for both, but at the moment Rugby challenge has the edge because of their immediate responses on the forum.

Also they have the all blacks and i think the super 14 rights exclusively

I will pay out for both, but at the moment Rugby challenge has the edge because of their immediate responses on the forum.

Also they have the all blacks and i think the super 14 rights exclusively

It would be a massive blow to HB Studio's if they were definitely exclusive for Sidhe...

Last edited:
It would be a massive blow to HB Studio's if they were definitely exclusive for Sidhe...

It's not that big a deal really... I think the rugby gaming community is so starved that not having a few licenses will hardly damage its selling prospects. In fact I'd go so far as to say that most rugby fans will likely buy both anyway. I know I will.

At the moment Rugby challenge sounds very appealing.. but I would have thought they would have chosen a better name. It sounds like a cheap internet rugby game.

It's not that big a deal really... I think the rugby gaming community is so starved that not having a few licenses will hardly damage its selling prospects. In fact I'd go so far as to say that most rugby fans will likely buy both anyway. I know I will.

I'm also going to buy both, but I'm thinking in the larger scale... The general consumer who isn't a "big" Rugby fan who would consider buying only 1 of the 2 games around the World Cup moment would more likely choose a game with the All Blacks licensed than not... Since the AB's are the biggest name in Rugby Union... But I guess this would apply more to the SH rather than the NH...

HB Studio's would want to capitalize on the Rugby World Cup moment (which is being held in the All Blacks home of NZ) for sales of Rugby 2012. So without the All Blacks license, it is a big blow for them...

I may give both a play and buy the one which I think is the best.

Rugby Challenge has captured the Wallaby licence, "Rugby Challenge will include the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup, and Super Rugby"
http://rugbychallengegame.com/about/

"extensive customisation options" - This also sounds good and hopefully means we can edit the players and teams to our liking

yeah at the moment that sounds really good... im buying both

Sweet! they've got the Wallabies secure to! All they need now is the Springboks... and maybe the Currie cup and then the Tri-Nations will be complete! this is great news.

I must say that Sidhe is doing a great jib regarding letting us know plenty of information. Really looking forward to this ***le! (and i actually like the name 'Rugby Challenge')

Really can't wait for in game screens of both to compare :D :D Only thing with the name is a little confusion with google search results - mixed up with Rugby Challenge 2006 (Ubisoft ***le) :D can't wait tho :D :D

Is there such thing as a World Cup licence? If Sidhe have secured the All Blacks could it mean they have that World Cup Licence?

There's the RWC logo and the Webb Ellis trophy. Stadia might fall into it, too.

good news, i'm getting both
i think the high rate of info from sidhe is to intercept the attention that HB has been receiving of late.
let them both use every bit of fuel they have to deliver an inferno of a release
oh how i have missed a competitive market
Fifa is only as good as it is because PES is there
NBA games are also unreal becaue 2K and EA push for market share
NFL games - gone to the dogs, with Maddens liscencing monopoliztion
Golf games - gone to the dogs, Tiger games all the same since 2007
make no mistake, competition and choice is the consumers best friend

Latest posts