• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Hey Guys, just wanna get some Info for this game as i am too lazy to go looking for it.

-Are The Rebels gonna be Licensed?
-In the Franchise Mode can we buy and sell players like Fifa?

Pretty Much it; thanks...already know SA teams will not be licensed. Finnaly confirmed the game will be brought to SA; so i am just tryign to find out what i will be buying.

We've just uploaded a video giving you a first look at the player editor in Rugby Challenge:

http://rugbychallengegame.com/2011/06/rugby-challenge-player-editor/

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGJZLoi9H2A?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BGJZLoi9H2A?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So in depth , this blows alot of top sports games out of the water. Well done on that

Wow looks really good, gonna be hard what game to get first out of this and the RWC game xD Any missing licences really shouldn't matter too much with a editor like that.

Quick question (sorry if its been asked before) but will players be able to share teams or players they have edited for others to downlaod on their consoles to save them time etc?

Not bad at all,
Reminds me of The Sims!

Interested to see what team customisation will be like (if it's in there at all?) - Would be quality if it was like Backbreaker

Looks like it's been lifted directly from Tiger Woods. I can think of worse editors to copy.

Looks very good. Better than the Fifa player creator/editor. The little celebration at the end was nice too!

Looks very good. Better than the Fifa player creator/editor. The little celebration at the end was nice too!

Yeah I thought so too. It wasnt over the top like other rugby games have had. Game looks efffing mean. As a huge ITM fan this game is so exciting to have on the way.

Who are you going to create first up?? (apart from the Saffas)

Glad to see Saia Faingaa's belly is in the Editor.

hey mario any chance you can give us the schema for the player/team database file so we can have an editor ready to go when it goes live
<hadnt got onto the last page before i posted that, the in game player editor looks mean>
on a more serious note...

Both games look fantastic, I am about to buy a house and right now I dont know if iw ould be able to afford both games. I am torn to which one i will get first... I want it on my ps3 but i also want to be able to mod it on my pc... not that i knwo if it will run on my curernt video card! when will the PC Specs come out?

Last edited:
Pretty mean. Like the players mo-cap at the end. Nice video footage too. 1st rugby game this year to do so so far ;)

Whilst it is dissapointing not to have licenced South African, English teams (possibly more), I hope it does not have too much of a negative impact to the sales of the game. Lets be honest, England and South Africa are much bigger markets compared to Australia and NZ. Licencing helps sales. The Joe public will buy the game based on marketing, front and back cover of the game.
Aviva competition will help compensate the lack of unlicenced English team, but I think master stroke could be getting Jonah involved and using his name, e.g. Jonah Lomu Rugby Challange - in countries where there is not much licensing. Because Jonah is a worldwide figure, his name has been used before in a successful rugby game.
Also releasing the game on more platforms will benefit Rugby Challenge sales.

All this licensing makes me wonder how all the deals get made, is it based on first come first in basis? Money? Supporting local developers/distributors? Or abit of everything?

...wow.
Outstanding! I guess this pretty much negates the lack of the SA licence. Going to spend some time creating a real Sharks side!

Me too; already getting Some pics, heights and weights so i can make The Sharks guys as accurate as possible.

If the Gameplay can match the Stuff i have seen so far from this game; WOW, this game will be SICK!!!!

Last edited:
It's gonna be good yeah...can't wait to play both games.

PS. I loved the little scene at the end of the video...

It's good that the editor is so complexed as I remember from Rugby 08 what little the on-screen characters resembled of the players they were meant to be.

Latest posts