• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

i dont see whyy people complain about ratings....just edit the damn thing..its your game, u bought it..lol...when i get rc im gonna edit the fiji, samoa and tonga team str8 away, as i did in rwc11.

Think my worst fears about rugby challenge have been confirmed. Great graphics, comps, options and really average gameplay. Passing leaves alot to be desired (reminds me of RLL *cringe* but not quite that bad), the games a bit glitchy and the AI doesn't play that realistically i.e. chucks the ball around a whole heap randomly (I'm playing on pro). Offloads are way excessive SA got almost 50 in one 7m half against me (on pro) crazy. Only a few games in and still getting whipped haha, slowly getting used to it. Don't like the ruck atm, probably get used to it but first thoughts are not that great but again I have it on pro (should probably just accept I need to start out on a lower level!). Bit of a bummer that rugby 08 probably has superior passing, RC's could be much smoother thats for sure.

I don't what people expect it is still better than the *****RWC game. I love the comps and the passing is still realistc, if you don't like the passing go an play real rugby. I play rugby and I have done so for the past 5 years, trust me passing and offloading is very good and realistic. Stop complaining and enjoy the game as we have not had a game for 3 years.

I don't what people expect it is still better than the *****RWC game. I love the comps and the passing is still realistc, if you don't like the passing go an play real rugby. I play rugby and I have done so for the past 5 years, trust me passing and offloading is very good and realistic. Stop complaining and enjoy the game as we have not had a game for 3 years.

So offloading 50 times in a half is realistic to you? disjointed passing is realistic I guess too? have you watched any international games of late? the passing in game is not that realistic no matter how much you sugar coat it. The passing is probably the middle ground between Rugby league live and Rugby 08, not great but not terrible. The lineouts are a bit of a joke and slow, the ruck is a bit of a lottery online, scrummaging is poor with no options, no set piece moves at all, no pods or forwards standing off to the side of rucks, quick hands (basic school boy stuff) down the backs doesn't come off most the time (even with the ABs and Wallabies) it goes on and on. Now thats complaining. All in all I'm still gonna thrash this game to death online and actually I am grateful that Sidhe have put this game out hence spending $130 on it and preordering it etc. Just cracks me up how many were expecting miracles out of RC and saying it pretty much sh*ts all over RWC. I'm not so sure it will, gameplay wise they could have done better by pulling back in other areas. Next years game is going to be epic.

Last edited:
So offloading 50 times in a half is realistic to you? disjointed passing is realistic I guess too? have you watched any international games of late? the passing in game is not that realistic no matter how much you sugar coat it. The passing is probably the middle ground between Rugby league live and Rugby 08, not great but not terrible. The lineouts are a bit of a joke and slow, the ruck is a bit of a lottery online, scrummaging is poor with no options, no set piece moves at all, no pods or forwards standing off to the side of rucks, quick hands (basic school boy stuff) down the backs doesn't come off most the time (even with the ABs and Wallabies) it goes on and on. Now thats complaining. All in all I'm still gonna thrash this game to death online and actually I am grateful that Sidhe have put this game out hence spending $130 on it and preordering it etc. Just cracks me up how many were expecting miracles out of RC and saying it pretty much sh*ts all over RWC. I'm not so sure it will, gameplay wise they could have done better by pulling back in other areas. Next years game is going to be epic.

OMG!!!!! All the grievances you have laid out passing, lineouts, rucks, poor scrumming, no set NO PODS!!! and basic hands are all basic things that I would excpect to be there! When you make a rugby game I would have thought that these were the first things that would have been made. The graphics after. Every Saturday when I strap the boots to play for my amateur team our forwards focus on scrums, lineouts, quick ball and working on our pods. While our back focus on good accurate passing with quick hands, and maybe. THIS IS BASIC RUGBY! If a game can't replicate this accurately then it can't promote itself as a rugby game. This have to be spot on. The graphics etc come on on top of that.

ACT1NUP I see what you mean by RWC copping heaps of stick while RC is being promoted as flawless. Now it has been released ppl are not so happy and are saying hey RWC does have some good things too. Whilst both games have way too many bugs, both Sidhe and RWC forums are filled with pages and pages of bugs, this could have been forgiven if that basic gameplay is there.

Last nights try nations was an epic match! Not only because it was a great game of rugby, but because all the skills were there. Frenetic, direct wallaby attacks which was based from beautiful quick ball from some fierce work at the breakdown. ABs them demonstrating technically perfect pick and drives, rolling mauls and scrumming. Both teams exhibiting great quick hands in some very difficult conditions. Text book tackles (conrad smith and Faaingaa were particularly good) and well as some bigger hits. Only a few set moves - most of it was pacey, direct running with good hands (kurtley beales winning try an example). Have a look at the difference between the speed and elusiveness of the backs compared with the slower but immensely powerful runs by the forwards (victor vito and brad thorn particularly stood out). I felt it was a great game for Sidhe and HB to watch and reflect on, expecially in light of Iverson's gripes. When I watched the game I couldn't help thinking here is a great example of rugby match for developes to actually watch and see how modern rugby is played. sometimes I feel like the developers dont even watch actual rugby.

Rugby games games need to become a more organic fare where each player acts and moves like their counterpart in real life, with a mind of their own (like fIFA). Obviously that goal is a long way off and is proabably wishful thinking. BUT what do I expect is that the games aren't marred by the flaws explained by aCT1NUP and others. I expect my backs to move and pass properly like the pros. And i expect my forwards to be able to pick an go, scrum, lineout and have fu**ing pods. AND if you watched last nights game, the RUCK IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A LOTTERY.

Can anyone tell me what camera angles are available, as i've never been a fan of that rotating end on camera.. does it have a nice isometric view, or broadcast type side view? Thanks!

i dont see whyy people complain about ratings....just edit the damn thing..its your game, u bought it..lol...when i get rc im gonna edit the fiji, samoa and tonga team str8 away, as i did in rwc11.

Its pretty simple - why the f**k should I do the developers work for them?

I don't go to a restaurant to cook my own sauces and I don't buy a computer game to do my own data entry. This is simple, basic stuff and there is zero excuse for getting it wrong.

I don't go to a restaurant to cook my own sauces and I don't buy a computer game to do my own data entry. This is simple, basic stuff and there is zero excuse for getting it wrong.

So for once the developers here aren't lazy, I admire your honesty.

OMG!!!!! All the grievances you have laid out passing, lineouts, rucks, poor scrumming, no set NO PODS!!! and basic hands are all basic things that I would excpect to be there! When you make a rugby game I would have thought that these were the first things that would have been made. The graphics after. Every Saturday when I strap the boots to play for my amateur team our forwards focus on scrums, lineouts, quick ball and working on our pods. While our back focus on good accurate passing with quick hands, and maybe. THIS IS BASIC RUGBY! If a game can't replicate this accurately then it can't promote itself as a rugby game. This have to be spot on. The graphics etc come on on top of that.

ACT1NUP I see what you mean by RWC copping heaps of stick while RC is being promoted as flawless. Now it has been released ppl are not so happy and are saying hey RWC does have some good things too. Whilst both games have way too many bugs, both Sidhe and RWC forums are filled with pages and pages of bugs, this could have been forgiven if that basic gameplay is there.

Last nights try nations was an epic match! Not only because it was a great game of rugby, but because all the skills were there. Frenetic, direct wallaby attacks which was based from beautiful quick ball from some fierce work at the breakdown. ABs them demonstrating technically perfect pick and drives, rolling mauls and scrumming. Both teams exhibiting great quick hands in some very difficult conditions. Text book tackles (conrad smith and Faaingaa were particularly good) and well as some bigger hits. Only a few set moves - most of it was pacey, direct running with good hands (kurtley beales winning try an example). Have a look at the difference between the speed and elusiveness of the backs compared with the slower but immensely powerful runs by the forwards (victor vito and brad thorn particularly stood out). I felt it was a great game for Sidhe and HB to watch and reflect on, expecially in light of Iverson's gripes. When I watched the game I couldn't help thinking here is a great example of rugby match for developes to actually watch and see how modern rugby is played. sometimes I feel like the developers dont even watch actual rugby.

Rugby games games need to become a more organic fare where each player acts and moves like their counterpart in real life, with a mind of their own (like fIFA). Obviously that goal is a long way off and is proabably wishful thinking. BUT what do I expect is that the games aren't marred by the flaws explained by aCT1NUP and others. I expect my backs to move and pass properly like the pros. And i expect my forwards to be able to pick an go, scrum, lineout and have fu**ing pods. AND if you watched last nights game, the RUCK IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A LOTTERY.

FIFA players don't act with a mind of their own at all. Are you playing FIFA 2030, I see where theatrics come from. LMAO

Could you please explain why?

To me they are slow and disjointed. They seem to alternate betweem normal paced lineouts and 'slow mo' lineouts. The animations look bad and it isn't smooth at all. There is a second where the player who catches the ball lands and then just stands there. Then you pass it and your player throws a dodgy short ball to another foward (not a back), throw another pass and it hits the deck. Other times you get a steal and the ball goes off into space then appears magically in your hands (glitch).I'm not trying to hardcore bad mouth this game (just saying it how I see it) or put people off (I know others will have different opinions). Just can't stand some who are still talking this game up. It's good in a sense as it has alot of club comps, customisation and online etc (and great graphics) it's just that I can really see they havn't had too much consideration for gameplay. I'm looking forward to playing RWC for a direct comparison but if it's like 08 with a few upgrades I think it will trump RC.

Last edited:

There's an excuse for getting some ratings wrong, for example I might rate Lee Mears as a 70 while Teh Mite would give him a 10 - subjectivity.

There's no excuse for rating Saracens lower than Bath, considerably lower than Northampton and the same as Sale.

But then again, I don't know if team ratings are dynamic. So, if I were to make the entire England team 99, would England's team rating go up to 99? In which case, simply putting the players' stats correct to what you think they should be would go a long way towards rectifying the team stat ****ups.

I've played this for 3 days straight now. Love it. After a few games I was thinking that HB have takin alot of stick for a game that defiantly has limited options and crappy animations but HB have done sooooo well with RWC considering. I love the offloading because it means I don't have to go to another lOng and boring ruck! Lineouts are odd but more challenging than RWC. to much lag online, kinda ruins it. Animations flow beautifully and look realistic. Really missing no pocket option! Overall love it and don't regret $130 NZ

I think it will take a while for editing, but this kind of stuff will be fixed...
Disappointed a little about the infinite offloading.

I know it has flaws, and even I think its a bit overthe top with the offloading but I am just saying that I am glad we have a next generation game and hopefully they will make a better version next time (whenever that is). The only thing I agree with you is that RWC game was **** they should never be allowed to have licenses ever again.

Ah, suppose
Don't understand him being more orange than Wilko - Wilko looks like he's made out of old leather in real life :p

They're not direct feed images, though, so that might throw things off a bit.

True true
Really can't wait to get my hands on it now :D

Will be interesting to see what the Sale squad is like, i.e is Vadim Cobilas in there, as he signed halfway through last season
Suppose it depends what point they got the team lists
Don't think I'll be putting Buckley in there....

Latest posts