• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

haha anyone notice how the game play is similar to Rugby 2002?

Rugby 2001 was hilarious but so awesome at the same time. The diving tap tackle of doom was one of the most frustrating things ever though :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Commentary for 2001/02 was great :D Felt a lot like an updated JLR Commentary :D The late Great Bill McClaren will never be matched. RIP Bill.

Still bloody annoyed that Rugby Challenge is yet to get a release there. I don't believe its anything to do with patch (nothing to do with sidhe). Theres been a reoccuring theme with HES/TRU BLU, they couldn't organize a p!!sup in a brewery!!! Hope October release is correct and doesn't end up being some 3/4 months like previous league ***les :( :(

yep!!! Bill Mclaren!! THAT MAN IS A LEGEND!!.... Lucksanasongpong!! All this game is missing is his voice..lol..would be a nice idea to have a "classic matches" mode with his commentary on the matches, or just have him in the game.:D

can someone please post on forum what players are what on the south african team so i can change the names because i dont know who is who lol. and why doesnt England have like anyone on their national team???

I'll be playing this when I wake up tomorrow! I'm pretty excited after seeing the new tips video, the depth of the controls looks great.

Unbelievable

ive always been a forum reader never posted anything before but i had to for this!

Its unbelievable that it took so many years to get a Rugby Union game out on the PS3 the only reason i bought a ps3 was because i was hoping one day a Union game would make it onto the ps3 and after waiting sooooooo many years we get 2 games out within a month and both are total ****! ive been a huge union supporter for games since Jonah Lomu Rugy on PS1 which is the greatest game of all time I still have PS1 just to play this, and Rugby 2001 on PS2 is good to other then that the rest are dissapointments.

I swear either the people making these games have actually never picked up a footy ball in there life or the critics who say these games are good dont even know what union is cause there from some other country. Rugby Challenge is terrible! Mauls are nothing u press x or o and get lucky and if u do get the ball then u have like 2 seconds to get it out of there before the stupid player picks it up and stands there, and if u try and pass the ball it uselly ends up dribbling 10 metres behind you to no one. u cant set any plays up from the maul. if u do happen to get it to the back line there is no chance of throwing inside ball or cutout pass or anything cutout pass uselly means it throws the player and goes straight through him and out of touch.

Players run around in circles trying to get out course and offloading is ridiculous a 5 minute game and u can offload 50 times and most of the time the offload will be like a 50 metre pass through other players to a random player its a joke. if your winning a game all of a sudden u cant tackle the computer because there offloading to every player on the team and then some before running through a tackle to score.

you totally have to have knock ons but come on its a sunny day and it seems 3 out of 5 times u get the ball it knocks on and goes to a pathetic scrum which again u cant even set up a play from it uselly pass it to the next player who will throw a wild ball to no one. there is the option of holding pass and it comes up with x o on players heads but the view doesnt even allow u to see where they are and i got a big tv so no its not my tv.

if you do make a it zooms in on the player wit the ball wtf??? how are u meant to do your next move u have no idea wether there is a man to the left or right to offload to or to kick to because it zooms in on the player why would u do that???? its awesome to make a break but its pointless if u cant even see wats going on after u do to make the next move.

lineouts are a joke! its pretty much impossible to win one against the team throwing it in. u try and get it to throw down the middle and thats it other team gets it. and if u do get it again no way to set up any plays.

a fun part is sending fowards up the middle to make metres but being able to pass to one running onto it is impossible and u do happen to get lucky u will lose the maul straight away.

kicking goals is lame, a circle fills up and u press it on the mark thats terrible wind barely makes a difference.

there is nothing worse though wen u do make a break and pass it to the next player and it either flings 20 metres behind u on the ground or straight through the player ur passing to!

pretty much the only positive thing about the game is the infeild kicking with grubbers and bombs although there far from perfect.

career mode is nothing 13 year career mode dont advertise this. its basically playing all the competitons through in one go over and over. no depth

now i love union games just after waiting so many years and getting this **** its so annoying i wish ea sports would take over and bring a union game out look at the quality and movement in FIFA 11, if jonah lomu rugby ps1 was updated into hd and brought out on ps3 i would buy it in a heartbeat or even rugby 01 the games where players actually pass to each other and run directly where u want them to without running in a circle to get them selves moving.

if you think this or the rugby world cup game is good then u need to go buy lomu on ps1 and see the difference and that was made in 1997 and it kicks ass! its devastating that lomu would let them put his name on this ****! this is pretty much exactly the same as the weak league games from you guys come on any chance u can upgrade lomu ps1 for ps3 pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

there is much more i could say on the topic but i doubt anyone will even take the time to read this far haha but if u do let me know your thoughts good or bad please :)

but big thanks to the guys for at least bringing out a union game even if it aint good its nice to play it again on ps3.

peace!!!!

I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!Did take me 2 days to get used to the passing as you have to take player position and timing into account, but now I usually get it right and love the advanced passing. Its not perfect, but by far the best rugby game ever. The editor is amazing, just dissapointing you have to change the players commentary name twice for it to be saved..... I have both rugby games and have really enjoyed both, but after getting rc last week don't think I will play rwc again as I thought I would. Well done Sidhe, looking forward to the next enstallment.

I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!Did take me 2 days to get used to the passing as you have to take player position and timing into account, but now I usually get it right and love the advanced passing. Its not perfect, but by far the best rugby game ever. The editor is amazing, just dissapointing you have to change the players commentary name twice for it to be saved..... I have both rugby games and have really enjoyed both, but after getting rc last week don't think I will play rwc again as I thought I would. Well done Sidhe, looking forward to the next enstallment.

mate have u ever played jonah lomu on ps1??? cause you obviously have no idea how rugby union works if you think this game is good, there is ZERO strategy and ZERO skill to this game, you make a break camera zooms in and you cant see a thing try to pass to the man next to you and it flings back 20 metres behind you. ive been waiting years and years for this game please stop all the fancy **** like trying to make the crowd look good and making the haka look good who gives a **** about that you watch it once and then skip over it. please just focus on making a consistent game that actually comes together and can do plays and inside balls and players actually work!

in the lead up to this game all i kept readin was how awesome the crowd and effects looked!!! who cares!!! u dont sit there watchin the crowd while you play focus on gameplay before anything else!

ive always been a forum reader never posted anything before but i had to for this!

Its unbelievable that it took so many years to get a Rugby Union game out on the PS3 the only reason i bought a ps3 was because i was hoping one day a Union game would make it onto the ps3 and after waiting sooooooo many years we get 2 games out within a month and both are total ****! ive been a huge union supporter for games since Jonah Lomu Rugy on PS1 which is the greatest game of all time I still have PS1 just to play this, and Rugby 2001 on PS2 is good to other then that the rest are dissapointments.

I swear either the people making these games have actually never picked up a footy ball in there life or the critics who say these games are good dont even know what union is cause there from some other country. Rugby Challenge is terrible! Mauls are nothing u press x or o and get lucky and if u do get the ball then u have like 2 seconds to get it out of there before the stupid player picks it up and stands there, and if u try and pass the ball it uselly ends up dribbling 10 metres behind you to no one. u cant set any plays up from the maul. if u do happen to get it to the back line there is no chance of throwing inside ball or cutout pass or anything cutout pass uselly means it throws the player and goes straight through him and out of touch.

Players run around in circles trying to get out course and offloading is ridiculous a 5 minute game and u can offload 50 times and most of the time the offload will be like a 50 metre pass through other players to a random player its a joke. if your winning a game all of a sudden u cant tackle the computer because there offloading to every player on the team and then some before running through a tackle to score.

you totally have to have knock ons but come on its a sunny day and it seems 3 out of 5 times u get the ball it knocks on and goes to a pathetic scrum which again u cant even set up a play from it uselly pass it to the next player who will throw a wild ball to no one. there is the option of holding pass and it comes up with x o on players heads but the view doesnt even allow u to see where they are and i got a big tv so no its not my tv.

if you do make a it zooms in on the player wit the ball wtf??? how are u meant to do your next move u have no idea wether there is a man to the left or right to offload to or to kick to because it zooms in on the player why would u do that???? its awesome to make a break but its pointless if u cant even see wats going on after u do to make the next move.

lineouts are a joke! its pretty much impossible to win one against the team throwing it in. u try and get it to throw down the middle and thats it other team gets it. and if u do get it again no way to set up any plays.

a fun part is sending fowards up the middle to make metres but being able to pass to one running onto it is impossible and u do happen to get lucky u will lose the maul straight away.

kicking goals is lame, a circle fills up and u press it on the mark thats terrible wind barely makes a difference.

there is nothing worse though wen u do make a break and pass it to the next player and it either flings 20 metres behind u on the ground or straight through the player ur passing to!

pretty much the only positive thing about the game is the infeild kicking with grubbers and bombs although there far from perfect.

career mode is nothing 13 year career mode dont advertise this. its basically playing all the competitons through in one go over and over. no depth

now i love union games just after waiting so many years and getting this **** its so annoying i wish ea sports would take over and bring a union game out look at the quality and movement in FIFA 11, if jonah lomu rugby ps1 was updated into hd and brought out on ps3 i would buy it in a heartbeat or even rugby 01 the games where players actually pass to each other and run directly where u want them to without running in a circle to get them selves moving.

if you think this or the rugby world cup game is good then u need to go buy lomu on ps1 and see the difference and that was made in 1997 and it kicks ass! its devastating that lomu would let them put his name on this ****! this is pretty much exactly the same as the weak league games from you guys come on any chance u can upgrade lomu ps1 for ps3 pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

there is much more i could say on the topic but i doubt anyone will even take the time to read this far haha but if u do let me know your thoughts good or bad please :)

but big thanks to the guys for at least bringing out a union game even if it aint good its nice to play it again on ps3.

peace!!!!

i've been having a lot of these problems too, esp how the player passes it 20 metre's back when you're trying to pass to the player next to you, but i've learned you can't just sprint and pass it and expect it to be perfect, also i think you have to actually turn slightly to the player as you're passing to throw a flat pass, you have to slow down as you pass the ball and time the runs waiting for follow players to set them up, not just sprint and expect all the players to be right next to you, those kind of helped for me anyway, and yeah i'm having a lot of knock ons too and for no reason, its really frustrating. as for how it zooms in, i thought that was a stupid idea too coz you can't see any of your team mates so i just turned it off in the settings and changed the camera view to side view.

another problem i had was didn't realize i needed to press both pass buttons at the same time to pass to the first five so he can kick etc, i was just passing it out wide every time wondering why there was always a prop as the first receiver lol, it didn't even mention to do that in the tutorials

i think the game would be a lot better if you could set up play formations from line outs or scrums etc, i also don't like how the scrums move so far forward too

that said i do still love the game even if it is frustrating at times, if i can get used to this this might be the best rugby game so far imo

Latest posts