• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

i've been having a lot of these problems too, esp how the player passes it 20 metre's back when you're trying to pass to the player next to you, but i've learned you can't just sprint and pass it and expect it to be perfect, also i think you have to actually turn slightly to the player as you're passing to throw a flat pass, you have to slow down as you pass the ball and time the runs waiting for follow players to set them up, not just sprint and expect all the players to be right next to you, those kind of helped for me anyway, and yeah i'm having a lot of knock ons too and for no reason, its really frustrating. as for how it zooms in, i thought that was a stupid idea too coz you can't see any of your team mates so i just turned it off in the settings and changed the camera view to side view.

another problem i had was didn't realize i needed to press both pass buttons at the same time to pass to the first five so he can kick etc, i was just passing it out wide every time wondering why there was always a prop as the first receiver lol, it didn't even mention to do that in the tutorials

i think the game would be a lot better if you could set up play formations from line outs or scrums etc, i also don't like how the scrums move so far forward too

that said i do still love the game even if it is frustrating at times, if i can get used to this this might be the best rugby game so far imo

FINALLY someone who shares the pain haha. yeh mate u can get around the problems and work them out to actually have a game of rugby, thanks for ur tips :) its just so frustating and annoying that in 14 years since jonah lomu rugby ps1 nothing has improved u would think in that time it would be close to perfect aye, if your not throwing the ball in at the line out u may as well drop the controller until the other team gets it lol. 14 years later and no structure or anything has been improved me and my mates will stick to lomu from ps1 who knows maybe in another 14 years they will have worked out all they need to do is work from that game :)

I played lots of Jonah lomu on ps1, but I dont agree that its better than rc. Thats just my opinion. lots of people are actually enjoying the game. I can now go through an entire game without my players dropping a pass, it just takes practice. I also dont like the camera that zooms in when you breakaway, but i just turned it off. I agree this game is not perfect and things like, mauls from lineouts, set plays, offoading to a forward from a ruck, would make it better, but I'm still enjoying it as are lots of other people. I also usually steal a few lineouts in a game.

yeah i play side view for the zoom reason, and the fact that the screen rotates in a change of posession. Having it freeze everytime there is a change of posession is just hard work too, even on side view.

I was sure that the pass to playmaker was part of the tutorial, i thought it was anyway, if not there has been enough information about it that I knew what it was. Pity that in the scrums you want to pass straight to your playmaker and either a wing or a center is first receiver and your fly half is on the wing, makes no sense.

there are things with this game that are fundamently wrong, but I am still enjoying it. I am missing driving from a lineout, quick lineouts, set plays just to name a few but i find it much better to play that JLR, at least its hard!

Woosah you can turn the zoom off and the flip view as well. I play with the behind view and i turn the flipping off. Wont really work against human controller though, but against AI its great.

one thing they could of included..phase counter underneath the score board..im up to the stage where i can successfully pull off 5+ phases with my forwards..

I think ur over reacting a tad bit,rugby 06 and 08 was a much improved effort from previous ***les and I take my had off to the guys from sidhe for finally bring us a new rugby game after 4 dead years of playing a nice game (rugby 08) till its not as nice anymore coz its 4 years old,so they finally did everyone a favour and tried(for the 1st time)and did a great job!!!I know about about rugby,I play at club level and I also play alota games,and this game u smash to the ground coz of maybe a few glitches and or u that can't get used to the controls coz u only play a ps game from 14 years ago,a lot of ppl don't give wayward passes anymore coz they actually know how to play games,take time and go make ur own game plz coz these guys tried there best and I thank them for a new game,and also maybe get ur game patched so it doesn't do all the stuf u complain about....I vote sidhe wil just improve from this and I'm my eye they are by far beter rugby game creaters that ea,ea is too good from us ppl to even try and create a game so nobody forced u to buy the game so just go and give it to a real rugby fan!I promise u some1 else will have the time of there life!!!!!

I think ur over reacting a tad bit,rugby 06 and 08 was a much improved effort from previous ***les and I take my had off to the guys from sidhe for finally bring us a new rugby game after 4 dead years of playing a nice game (rugby 08) till its not as nice anymore coz its 4 years old,so they finally did everyone a favour and tried(for the 1st time)and did a great job!!!I know about about rugby,I play at club level and I also play alota games,and this game u smash to the ground coz of maybe a few glitches and or u that can't get used to the controls coz u only play a ps game from 14 years ago,a lot of ppl don't give wayward passes anymore coz they actually know how to play games,take time and go make ur own game plz coz these guys tried there best and I thank them for a new game,and also maybe get ur game patched so it doesn't do all the stuf u complain about....I vote sidhe wil just improve from this and I'm my eye they are by far beter rugby game creaters that ea,ea is too good from us ppl to even try and create a game so nobody forced u to buy the game so just go and give it to a real rugby fan!I promise u some1 else will have the time of there life!!!!!

any chance of a proof read and the use of paragraphs/more punctuation? it just makes it hard to read. I couldnt read the whole thing.

Lol mate u Have no idea Wat your talkin about u clearly have no idea about games or sport. Wen u Have been waiting 4 years for a new union game to come out and wen it finally does it is totally disapointment its annoying. Have u played the league games? They are exactly the same every glitch every **** part of it that was wrong wit them since league 1 is in this union game. They have clearly just modified teams, lineout and rucks into the game and slapped a union brand on it but It's still the same glitchy **** league was no improvements. I'm a big sport player and game player so learn Wat ur talkin about b4 commenting mate. U would think in how ever many years its been since the company made league 1 u would fix at least a few bugs lol. 100 dollar game Wat a joke

Uhm okay when I put up that reply,I knew that people where gonna take me out,1st sorry for my spelling,english is not my best language,and no haven't played league coz we don't have that sport here,I've played the live one,,,,but okay u 2 guys aren't happy with the game so keep on moaning then,I've said what I wanted,bad spelling and no paragrafs and all

Played a good bit today. I'm really enjoying the game, there are flaws no doubt but it's a big step up from Rugby 08. Highlight was a narrow two-point win over the All Blacks in the Bledisloe Cup series thanks to a completely accidental drop goal from Quade Cooper, from near touch on the 22!

Where did you order from?

Mighty Ape, played it all day Sunday, nowhere near as **** like what's been said, think he is a bit ****** up, it's not perfect but wait for the UK game.

Feel let down by both games for different reason's.

Uhm okay when I put up that reply,I knew that people where gonna take me out,1st sorry for my spelling,english is not my best language,and no haven't played league coz we don't have that sport here,I've played the live one,,,,but okay u 2 guys aren't happy with the game so keep on moaning then,I've said what I wanted,bad spelling and no paragrafs and all

I was not talking to you I was talking to skippy, if he can't suss out a simple on/off in the options menu WTF does he know about rugby games.

Hi i havent had the internet for ages an all i no about the game is that it is released in nz and aus. My question is has there been a release date for the game for the uk and also is there anywhere which shows all the player in each team if not could some one who has the game tell me what worcester squad is. Sorry if my question has been answered but really cant be asked to go through any pages

No specific release date has been set (that I've seen) - they've said that it'll be out at some point between end of september and end of october (can't remember the exact dates, but it's something like 23rd - 17th)

Some guy on the Facebook page posted an e-mail apparently from the UK distributor, saying they were aiming for the 7th.

Played through the Quad Nations. Lost as South Africa on bonus points after conceding a late Israel Dagg try and failing to put 4 past Argentina. A whole ton of fun.