• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Meh, i've waited for years too, think seeing so many gameplay videos before actually having the game has just taken the wind out of the sails for me, personally - looks fairly crappy to watch and it's putting me off. I've no doubt it plays better than it looks, but it's moving it further and further down my "to buy" list the more I see it

I still have my pre order in, with being away I have not seen any gameplay videos! However will have a look now, I doubt anything will stop me keeping my pre order in! Still getting BF 3 as well though!

I only have a pc so there I'm getting screwd haha,so maddens off my list,next I have to choose sport or shooting games,so its fifa vs rc and cod vs bf,,just waiting for pc rc,,so then I just desided ill be taking fifa and rugby:)the other games I will finish in a week and then what?ill be bord haha,as we all know,u can play a rugby game for 4 years;)so its definitly gonna be fifa and rc when it releases on pc for me:)

Lol..I got my copy of Rugby Challenge from NZ.... But my ps3 broke down last week.. It wont take in any DVDs... Its like a piece of me has died..

I'd feel the same way if that happened to my PS3.

I know.. The dang kids trying to push in DVDs... Come back from work to try to pop in Mass Effect 2... and it just wont go in.

There is nothing stuck in there mind you, its just that whole cogwheel mechanism is broken...

The PS3 system was the 80GB 'Big' PS3... *sniffle*

Anyways.. will try and buy a newer 160GB slim later this week if my overtime comes in the paycheck.. Screw food, water bills and electricity bills.. Oh wait. Maybe electricity.

If those EA guys start doing rugby both HB and Sidhe are ****ed.

EA will never finance or develop a console rugby game ever again. It is a sport which has sales potential far below their minimum threshold to ever greenlight production.

New competition may come from somewhere, but it won't be from EA.

TRF_Olyy said:
I've no doubt it plays better than it looks, but it's moving it further and further down my "to buy" list the more I see it

So you haven't played RC but voted against it in the new Comparison thread poll?

Last edited:
Played it and enjoyed it, though in no ways can this be called a simulation.
I would much rather have a cheaper arcade style game on the PSN & xbox marketplace.

Also I love the start of the ***le music but then it just degrades into that happy "rock" style music.

Oct 14th release date is all right I suppose, in middle-ish of when Tru Blue set that release window, though I wouldn't be surprised to see it bumped back a bit

Loving it! Turned offloads down for every team and now it plays like a real rugby game. Only system i dont like in the game is the scrum...could of used the same system as the maul and bring the front three props into the game with scrummaging and hooking attributes. We got a bright future for Rugby games now.

Happy I got the Oz edition early now. A total of a month and two days early, if the EU release date holds. Plus, I'll be playing Forza 4 on that day!

Does someone at Sidhe want to explain why the game is being released in Europe a full 6 weeks later than in NZ??? It's not the 19th Century, surely you can ship product faster than that!!!

Also Olyy, I can see why you'd criticise RC for its gameplay etc etc but why then did you spend your money on RWC (which has pretty average gameplay and even less everything else)???

Because it was out first - I was only going to get one when they came out and RWC got there first

Last edited:
Does someone at Sidhe want to explain why the game is being released in Europe a full 6 weeks later than in NZ???

You won't get an explanation from us on that.

TRF_Olyy said:
Because it was out first - I was only going to get one when they came out and RWC got there first

I'm more interested in why you voted in the new Comparison poll against RC when you haven't played it. You missed that question from above.

Can you guys offer an explanation to why the US and Canada still have an unknown release date or is that out of your hands?

I'm more interested in why you voted in the new Comparison poll against RC when you haven't played it. You missed that question from above.
Because I was comparing what I'd seen of both
I've never eaten in a Michelin star restaurant, however I have eaten in KFC, so if I had to choose which was my favourite I'd go with KFC :p

Mario ... is there a change in anything between the European version and the versions that have been released in NZ, AUS and SA?

Latest posts