but that is a comply different kettle of fish

EdBirch

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Worcester

In Cricket, D/L method is used. Artificial calculation of points is not a strange idea in any sports.
Ok, it's in cricket, a sport that can last an entire day or five. It wouldn't be normal in any other sport.

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

South Africa

In Cricket, D/L method is used. Artificial calculation of points is not a strange idea in any sports.
Cricket doesn't have a stopwatch or a clock running like sports like Rugby, Soccer, Gridiron...

And D/L is only used for weather related issues preventing the game from continuing.

Weather has very little effect on a rugby match apart from when the player's lives are at risk.

Stop trying to compare apples to potatoes....

Ids1978

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Newcastle RU

Cricket doesn't have a stopwatch or a clock running like sports like Rugby, Soccer, Gridiron...

And D/L is only used for weather related issues preventing the game from continuing.

Weather has very little effect on a rugby match apart from when the player's lives are at risk.

Stop trying to compare apples to potatoes....
I like potatoes

What is the best way to have them mine is mashed

I find them easier to eat as I try to work out how many points my team gets because the other team had 1 red card and a guy in the bin with only one min left on the clock. We was getting beat by 20 points I hope this new point system give us 21 points our lads work very hard today.

Now back to the real world

Cricket is cricket and rugby is rugby 2 very very very very different sports.

Maybe rugby be could take one thing from cricket at have time week could have tuna sandwiches cut in to small triangles with a slice of cake and cups of tea. What do you think about that idea?