• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sinbin time

sigesige00

Bench Player
There are problems about sinbin time.
The biggest one is that sinbin time does not finish until the end of game. In the case that there is remaining sinbin time at the end of game, the remaining time must be transformed to point penalty by some mathematical system.
And when the opponent team's sinbin time is remaining at the end of game, the team can extend the game until the end of the sinbin time. Let's discuss.

The biggest one is that sinbin time does not finish until the end of game. In the case that there is remaining sinbin time at the end of game, the remaining time must be transformed to point penalty by some mathematical system.
And when the opponent team's sinbin time is remaining at the end of game, the team can extend the game until the end of the sinbin time. Let's discuss.

I see no problems with sinbin time.

Let's not discuss

I see no problems with sinbin time.

Let's not discuss

There is a big problem.
Team A's player received a yellow at 65:00 and spend 10 mins in sinbin. Then team B's player received a yellow at 80:30 and spend only 15 seconds in sinbin before the end of the game. Is this equal?

There is a big problem.
Team A's player received a yellow at 65:00 and spend 10 mins in sinbin. Then team B's player received a yellow at 80:30 and spend only 15 seconds in sinbin before the end of the game. Is this equal?

Yeah, how dare he he wait until the 81st minute to commit a foul that is a yellow-card. Play the whole game clean and within the rules of the game, only to commit the foul after normal time has ended. Such a selfish act.

The whole point of the Sinbin time is a punishment for infringements on the laws of the game. The point of time it happens in the game is irrelevant, it's still playing with reduced numbers. Nobody sets out to reduce their team to 14 or less people. Furthermore there's no point in a system where if you have time left on the sinbin clock by the end of the game, the opposition are given points, it makes no sense at all. The whole point of the game is to score points, not have them handed to you by some dodgy system.

There is a big problem.

I am curious are you a rugby player?

It has never crossed my mind what you are thinking.

I believe you are over thinking things and try to fix things which arnt broke.

The whole point of the Sinbin time is a punishment for infringements on the laws of the game. The point of time it happens in the game is irrelevant, it's still playing with reduced numbers. Nobody sets out to reduce their team to 14 or less people. Furthermore there's no point in a system where if you have time left on the sinbin clock by the end of the game, the opposition are given points, it makes no sense at all. The whole point of the game is to score points, not have them handed to you by some dodgy system.

"Punishment for infringements on the laws of the game" must be equal, right?
11:30 for a yellow card and 0:20 for a yellow card are very unequal, right?

How can you award points to a team because the other team player hasn't done 10mins of a sin bin? How can you work out what points the team should get? I know how many points should get it non,nil,nothing ,not one point because it a silly idea.

If a player is yellow card 1 min from full time it's just bad luck for the other team.

"Punishment for infringements on the laws of the game" must be equal, right?
11:30 for a yellow card and 0:20 for a yellow card are very unequal, right?

The punishment IS equal!! Both get sent to the sin bin for a maximum of 10 minutes. The player doesn't dictate when normal playing time is up, the referee does.

I have wondered that too. Agreed, this isn't the first time:
Number on players backs and not their faces
Names of positions
Rugby League being called Rugby League

I have never been an athlete for physical health reasons.

I have wondered that too. Agreed, this isn't the first time:
Number on players backs and not their faces
Names of positions
Rugby League being called Rugby League

In the latest World Cup, only Argentina team had player numbers on the front of kits (shorts). Since no sponsor logos are allowed on the jerseys in World Cup, there are big space for player numbers. Why no player numbers on the front side of jerseys?
And "Loose Third" is definitely better than "Number Eight". Is there any reason not to change to "Loose Third"?
"Rugby League" is very often confusing because there are Rugby Union competitions called "Major League Rugby" or "Top League".

In the latest World Cup, only Argentina team had player numbers on the front of kits (shorts). Since no sponsor logos are allowed on the jerseys in World Cup, there are big space for player numbers. Why no player numbers on the front side of jerseys?
And "Loose Third" is definitely better than "Number Eight". Is there any reason not to change to "Loose Third"?
"Rugby League" is very often confusing because there are Rugby Union competitions called "Major League Rugby" or "Top League".
Number Eight is much fitting. Go read on the history of rugby. the Loose Trio (6, 7 & 8) is a collective term whereas number 8 is for the player wearing the number 8, but also comes from the original term for that position called 8th Man. And in some languages it also means the "man behind" like in Afrikaans where we call the no. 8 "Agtste Man" as in he's eighth but also behind the scrum.

I strongly suggest you go for a history lesson...

Look at the "Miracle of Brighton" (Japan 34-32 RSA in the 2015 World Cup, 19/09/2015).
Japan got a chance of PG after 80mins while an RSA player was in sinbin (Japan 29-32 RSA).
At that time, Japan could have equalised by kicking a PG, and game should have been Japan's victory because an RSA player was still in sinbin at the end of the game.

Look at the "Miracle of Brighton" (Japan 34-32 RSA in the 2015 World Cup, 19/09/2015).
Japan got a chance of PG after 80mins while an RSA player was in sinbin (Japan 29-32 RSA).
At that time, Japan could have equalised by kicking a PG, and game should have been Japan's victory because an RSA player was still in sinbin at the end of the game.

So you're suggesting artificially doctoring the score because a team still had time on the Bin clock? That's ridiculous and detrimental to the game.
Japan won the game, outright, due in part to the fact they had a man more on the field at the time. This artificial method removes what is essential to all sport, the score at full time.

I have never confused rugby league and rugby union before and to be honest I don't know anyone who has.
For the people who are easily confused.

Why don't they change the names of major league rugby and top league?

Both are young leagues maybe change major league rugby to USA league of rugby union and top league to Japan top league of rugby union then no confusion??

Hope no one gets a a red card in the last minute of the game or it will be 79 more minutes to play it to make it fair ;):p

Latest posts