• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Since when have you been watching Rugby?

H

Harlequins4Evr

I want to find out who has been watching rugby for the longest time running and I will get the ball rolling-

I have been watchin it for 3 MONTHS (lol)

Anyone got any advances on that!?

well I'm sure plenty will beat this but my earliest recollection of watching rugby was during the 91 world cup, can't recall watching any rugby prior to that, so 16 years then, sure plenty will beat that, you always see plenty of much younger kids at matches.

Pretty much forever, watching my dad play club games pretty much since forever, first memory is watching my dad come off the field with blood streaming donw his face...first memory watching some France v Australia game late at night in the late 80's...

watched a bit in 2002-2003 then really started watching when i started taking it seriously in school which was 2 years or so ago :p
although i still dont get to see much on sky as they dont like bristol apparently (or atleast wont show them :p)

1994 France tour to NZ, when Lomu was only 19 and carving up. I was 7 at the time which is the first time I remember watching Rugby. So for me, it's 13 years.

Watching professional rugby, only since the 2003-2004 Top 14 season when I seen Biarritz play. However, watching rugby in general I seen a local amatuer match from the Chicago Lions as a little kid back in 1989. I got into playing the sport from that day forward and looked for local outfits to play on/against. However, it wasn't my favorite sport until I seen that BO match in early 2004, that really put rugby at the top for me. What a day.

It's so old that i can't remember!
At this time, my heroes had for name Phil Bennett, JPR Williams and Gareth Edwards!

Jpr.JPG

'77 Lions tour, couple of memories, but not much else!

I've been playing longer than that...

been watching it since about 2000 ish', however first actuall memory was Scotland victory over the springboks in 03(?)

started attending matches 11 months ago - and was introduced to the pro-team game 5 months ago.

I've been watching Rugby League with Mum and Dad for as long as I can remember.

I became interested and started watching and playing Rugby Union when I was 10.

I'm Welsh, what do you expect!

As long as I can remember. Dad used to sit me down in front of every game shown on tv from the moment I was born lol.

Haven't missed a Wales game since I worked in Summerfield during school, um.......... 6 years ago.

Since the days of Carling, Guscott & the Underwoods. I've only been following it properly since I went to NZ in 2003 though.

Since the days of Carling, Guscott & the Underwoods. I've only been following it properly since I went to NZ in 2003 though.
[/b]

I went to my first club match in 1978. It was Glos vs Bristol and i still have the program. Went to Twickenham in 1980 for England vs wales . Both terrible games but they both must have had an effect on me cause ive been a Rugby nut ever since.
cheers danny

The only part of the 1999 WC that I remember was Byron Kelleher running the ball against England. Then a year after that I moved to NZ and it was all over. The fist game I saw in person would have been Crusaders vs Highlanders, sitting in the embankment talking **** to some drunk otago fans. Good times.

Earliest RWC i can remember is the '95 one.
I was interested in football before that.
[/b]

I have never heard of a welsh football fan. Or at least known of one. Thats blasphemy

Latest posts