• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six Nations 2018 injury thread.

So, since the author of this article is maybe affected by a curious proxy limitation policy and couldn't access any info about italian injuries, I can satisfy your thirst for knowledge (I know you have) with this short, but heavy, list: :D

1. Michele Campagnaro (best italian back)
2. Leonardo Sarto (best italian winger)
3. Angelo Esposito (2nd in the Pro14's top try scorers table actually)
4. Marco Fuser (the only heavy lock we have)
5. Ornel Gega (potentially our best hooker, since Ghiraldini is getting older)
6. Federico Zani (good back up prop)

The first 4 are surely part of the Azzurri's ideal starting XV so, considering the gap between us and everyone else, this is not helping our campaign.
We are consistently running in front of the race for the 2018 injury cup.

Cyril Baille

Camille Chat
Chris Tolofua
France's 2 most dynamic hookers

and the genuinely exciting backline of
Morgan Parra
Camille Lopez
Wesley Fofana
Damien Penaud
Alivereti Raka
Brice Dulin
The one the union won't get.

Looks to me the 6 Nations and the test game in general have an issue with injuries...

Looks to me the 6 Nations and the test game in general have an issue with injuries...

I'm sure you guys have already talked about it here, in Italy we have some people highlighting this too.
The discussion is about the effect on the game given by the new rules, especially the new breakdown engage and the consequential offside line. This is taking players away from the bd meanwhile increasing the number of men deployed on the defence line. This is making defences really hard to be overcome by running into gaps and spaces putting much more accent on the brutal impact that only tons and kilos can unleash. Sum that with the amount of games each player is called to take part in and in the end you're going to have this injury rate.
I don't know but I'm sceptical about the future of the game, considering this direction taken, will decrease this tendency.

I'm sure you guys have already talked about it here, in Italy we have some people highlighting this too.
The discussion is about the effect on the game given by the new rules, especially the new breakdown engage and the consequential offside line. This is taking players away from the bd meanwhile increasing the number of men deployed on the defence line. This is making defences really hard to be overcome by running into gaps and spaces putting much more accent on the brutal impact that only tons and kilos can unleash. Sum that with the amount of games each player is called to take part in and in the end you're going to have this injury rate.
I don't know but I'm sceptical about the future of the game, considering this direction taken, will decrease this tendency.

I'm pretty sure it has been talked about. Those who run the game like to avoid thinking things through sufficiently to avoid unintended consequences, this is an example of this happening. It would be interesting to see a study at the end of the season tracking changes in things like collisions and injuries.

Is anyone set to return from injury or ban for England for the wales game?

So post round 2,

who do all the nations have set to come back by round 3?

And whos out?

Anyone know the status of simmonds and watson?

Latest posts