• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Slammin' Sam is off to England

S

Sw1fty

Former All Black Sam Tuitupou has announced he is taking his hard-hitting, high-octane game to the English Premiership, the Blues second five signing a two and a-half year deal with the Worcester club.

Tuitupou, who has played nine tests for the All Blacks, unveiled his plans live on Newstalk ZB on Monday evening, the 25-year-old key member of the Blues backline admitting that he had told nobody -- including his team-mates -- of his intention to head overseas.

"It's just time for it," Tuitupou said on radio. "I've got a young family, three kids, and it's the right time for me and my wife to get away and look for a new challenge."

He also said he wouldn't rule out, at the age of 25, returning to play again in New Zealand once his commitments in the north finished.

"But I've always wanted to play overseas and I guess now is the right time for me to go," he added.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

there goes another one...

No longer are these Euro trash clubs signing just the washed up SH players, they're now poaching the next in line AB's who are just coming into their prime.

Not good for NZ rugby or the Super14 and i seriously doubt this will be last big name to leave for Europe this year.

Time to lock the door!

well im happy for these players who are diffinitely getting there moneys worth for their talents but ya gotta draw a line some where in the near future....as our younger grades in the south grow more of our present pro players leave and the more juniors will follow...irb need to step in and give support down in the south...it will only help the north aswell...im pretty sure some european players are sick of seeing their place in the team get taken by a southerner..

maybe its just me...

Sammy will enjoy bashing his way through some of those english players and anyone else that gets in his way.

There is also rumours flying around the Keven Mealamu is heading off as well.

good move I think. not likely to be a starter anytime soon in the abs so might as well go over get the cash and then come back and have another crack at the abs. big sammy will go well other there in england too. his style of play will be devastating and will not doubt leae his mark on attack and defence on opposition players. the really big downside to this is that lavea now might return to the blues next year :(

No chance of Lavea returning to Auckland, no way in hell they'd want him.
I'd be stoked though if he left but just think he's not going to be heading towards Auckland.

Good move for Sam as think he's not in the running for the AB's, with McAlistair playing like he is and having Mauger with his history... 12's pretty covered internationally for NZ. Also looks like Brett for the Crusaders can handle the 12 spot as well.

I HATE English club rugby. :rahh: :ranting:

Why Tuitupou??? They should have signed Multi-skilled, Multi-talented Lavea. He can cover 10 & 12 and is a very good kicker.

:ranting:

It will be interesting to see who will play 2nd five for the Auckland NPC team. Will we see Toeava move in there? With Atiga at centre? Or will we see Lavea at 1st and Nacewa at 2nd? LOLZ

Oh i hope Lavea isn't back for NPC

Bro, we still got young James Somerset. He played about 2 or 3 games in the NPC last year and was a bloody revelation. Expect to se him start more often at 10.

BTW, Tuitupou leaves for Auckland AFTER the NPC. So he will want to leave on a high note by helping the Blues win the Super 14 ***le and Auckland the NPC ***le. :D

It will be interesting to see who will play 2nd five for the Auckland NPC team. Will we see Toeava move in there? With Atiga at centre? Or will we see Lavea at 1st and Nacewa at 2nd? LOLZ

Oh i hope Lavea isn't back for NPC
[/b]

tuitupou I would think since he is planing to leave after the npc season.

and yeah james somerset light the comp up when he played last year in the npc

Latest posts