• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Slow ball in RC06?

S

spearman

From waht I've seen of trailers etc ball seems to be very slow from rucks in rc06 - is this the case?

And can someone show me some game footage of quick ball?

Originally posted by spearman@Feb 5 2006, 06:42 AM
From waht I've seen of trailers etc ball seems to be very slow from rucks in rc06 - is this the case?

And can someone show me some game footage of quick ball?
No, there is no quick ball, my major gripe with this game.

Possibly deliberate to avoid numerous offsides that may occur.

There's no 'quick' ball, but if you get enough forwards there quick enough so that the ruck bar speeds to your team's end then you can get it slightly quicker. I agree it's to stop loads of offsides and I think the game is good enough to overcome this slight 'problem'. All ball is pretty quick as the game is so fast paced.

If i remember correctly rucks were alot quicker in WCR. They are definaltely slow in this new game. It is pretty annoying. But I think your right about it being because of offsides. Players running back offside are not penalised. On the odd time when you do manage a quick play, bad things happen, for eg..I played the ball and an opposition player running back in an offside position intercepted the pass from my No 9 to my No 10. This is very frustrating as you get no reward for catching the other team off guard, they just play offside and dont get called.

I don't play multiplayer, but this could be a bit of a problem if you're allowed to select offside players.

This is another thing that worked well in JLR in my view. Players would trudge back with their hands in the air, and if they made a tackle they would be offside - penalty.

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Feb 6 2006, 01:37 AM
I don't play multiplayer, but this could be a bit of a problem if you're allowed to select offside players.

This is another thing that worked well in JLR in my view. Players would trudge back with their hands in the air, and if they made a tackle they would be offside - penalty.
Yeah the quick ruck catching people offside was beautiful in JLR.

Why is it that all these new rugby/league games can't get fundamentals correct that were done ten years ago?

Latest posts