• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Snooker!

Come on Judd would love to see a decider.

edit: And so it is. 16-16. Love it- great drama!

Took over 40 mins but finally Judd into the final.

Last edited:
Come on Judd would love to see a decider.

edit: And so it is. 16-16. Love it- great drama!

Took over 40 mins but finally Judd into the final.
I feel like Williams got a bit unlucky towards the sharp end there, although he rushed a couple of pots that he missed after a fluked red, so he at least had a hand in his own downfall.

I didn't see any of the first session to know how legitimate his complaints about the cloth were, but if there's anything in it, he can definitely be upset to have lost given that just one more frame from that session would have won the match for him.

Hard to see Trump posing a problem for (presumably / hopefully) Ronnie in the final.

The first session of Judd vs Williams was a joke for any soft shot, but it was the same for both of them and Williams has moved away from the softer pots (5 years ago it would have been unplayable for him). Williams definitely let the pressure get to him, as you say with rushing at key points. He's my favourite player by a mile and possibly my favourite sportsman of all time (total maverick plus grafter = my kind of guy), but I like how Judd conducts himself and the sport needs these older guys to seriously challenged.

The tournament has been great in terms of lesser known players. Page, Donaldson, Uhn-nooh, Brecel, Vafei, Saengkhak all look handy. Lizowski and Bingtao finally seemed to have learnt how to turn up at Worlds and should he reaching semis of majors regularly.

I think Judd has a chance in the final if he stays fresh. His safety is pretty solid and his long potting will be better than Ronnie's. But yeah, Ronnie is cruising and fresh, so likely the biggest challenge for him will be if he gets nervous about equalling Hendry with 7.

Wow what a frame. 66-66 all and then tiebreaker on the additional black and Ronnie sinks it off of 3 cushions.

3-1 to Ronnie.

What an evening session from Ronnie. Hard to see any way back for Judd tomorrow.

Yeah, Judds long potting hasnt turned up at all so Ronnie is getting loads of chances. The only thing that can beat Ronnie tomorrow is Ronnie.

Hard to see Trump posing a problem for (presumably / hopefully) Ronnie in the final.
Trump looks a beaten man already, bereft of confidence.
Just a matter of time for Ronnie I feel.

First two frames of the first session to Judd. Start of a miraculous come back?

Surprised Ronnie didn't get Judd to retake the missed red in that last frame.

Ronnie looks like he's gotten out of the wrong side of the bed.

What a 3rd session from Judd. Wins that 6-2. Only 3 frames behind going into the evening session. Look forward to the evening session

Last edited:
That fluke in the last frame of the session must be so painful as the last one of the session. Judd missed the red by a postcode and came up smelling of roses.

Ronnie seems in a decent place personally but I wonder if his tetchiness around the table is a result of him thinking about number 7.

7 time Champion. Well done Ronnie. Equals Hendry.

How awkward was it him clutching Judd and whispering in his ear for about solid minute? Reminded me of when Ebdon would beat someone then shake their hand until their arm fell off while telling them what a great player they were to have lost to him!

Possibly best performance from round 1 to final I've ever seen to win the trophy. There is hope for all us old boys!

I don't know how old you are, but Hendry absolutely blitzed 1993 and was barely made to sweat by stronger opponents in 1995.
True, but the field was so much weaker then. Ronnie had an extremely dangerous Gilbert in Round 1, Higgins in the semi and Judd in the final (Allen and Maguire were admittedly a bit rubbish). All of them would have hammered someone like Nigel Bond (who Hendry played both years).

On reflection I'll agree with you on 1995 with Hendry getting past Ronnie and Jimmy is right up there (despite an incredibly easy first couple of rounds). But Ronnie this time got a stupid amount of centuries and I don't think its false modesty when Hendry says Ronnie has elevated the game beyond what Hendry did.

Higgins has been pretty sensational in at least one of his ***le wins, but with Ronnie this time it didn't feel like there was a facet of his game under 9/10 and barring one bad session in the final he never looked anything other than dominant. And I'm not a fan of his!

Great first semi. Almost went to the wire but the Belgian conqueror of Ronnie goes into the final.

Amazing run by Si from qualifying. Has a great future.

Cracking evening session. First 147 in a final by Selby. Lovely celebrations. All to play for tomorrow.

The first mainland European world champion. Totally deserved beating both Ronnie and Selby on the way.

Latest posts