• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Snooker!

R

Rassie

You guys like snooker? I`ve seen some frames from China Open i guess and it`s funny. I`ve seen games in the past, i know about competitions and rules but it`s a pub sport if you ask me. LOL, you can score up to 147 points in a break !

What puzzeles me is the audience, the ratings that this pub sport achives in UK. Sometimes it beats even footie not to mention rugby ratings.

Anyway, i like the way asians are playing with their little hands and their little bodies all over the pool table , almost everytime using the `help` que in order to hit the ball.

Funny sport if you ask me! No wonder poms love it :D

W

woosaah

yeah that was pointless, over here snooker isnt a pub sport, pool is but not snooker. and what constitutes a sport now days? meh

B

Bullitt

Snooker is a fantastic game, I play most fridays. the skill level between it and Pool is enormous; After around 4 hours on a 16' table, pool is a piece of ****.

Admitidly I become crap once I'm halfway down the second pitcher of the evening, but thats by-the-by.

W

woosaah

real? i seam to get better the more i drink

but i am sure its just me thinking i am becoming better

S

stevemagoo

Snooker is by no means a pub sport - how many pubs have you seen with a set of fulll size snooker tables in them??
Pool, however is definitely a pub sport. Was playing on an american table there the other day - Jesus are those things easy!! the pockets are like friggin buckets!!

R

Rassie

So are the balls Stevie. For snooker, smaller pockets, smaller balls !

Anyway, i don`t think i`ll be able to complete a snooker game! Seems bloody difficult.

R

Rassie

I`ve read snooker ratings in UK often beat rugby and even soccer ratings! Is that right? How come? Isn`t it a little bit boring to watch it?

B

BigTen

When watching snooker on tv it is made to look easy but when you have the table in front of you - it's huge.

You almost need binoculars to see the balls at the end of the table. I am sure that I have lived in houses that were smaller than a table.

Snooker is super popular in the UK - you just have to walk past the Crucible in Sheffield during a comp and see all of the fans hanging around outisde trying to catch a glimpse of their heroes. Crazy!

G

Groen_en_Goud

It was probably the only sport where the players were required to wear a tuxedo (minus the jacket)

R

Rassie

LOL, it`s prolly the only sport where poms can be world champions! (perhaps darts too :D )Darn, even now, i can`t imagine how they won WRC 2003. Beats me.

P.S: Yeah, i know, they won footie too in 66 but there was a huge ref mistake

B

Black-Monday

Snooker is a great game to watch, I love the tactics involoved. Although I have an over-analytical brain, so it feeds me.

Although playing snooker is something different, I attempt to play every saturday before going to watch stockport county. 'Tis hard I say, i get a break of about three balls then die, can't see end of table without my spectacles on.

BM

M

Mrs SHRLFC

Pub sport?? PUB SPORT?? Snooker is FANTASTIC my friend. The skill and thinking involved are awesome I just wish I could play it. I LOVE the World Championships it's so exciting!