• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Solhiem Cup

They have just said that this morning it took 2 hours 50 minutes this morning in the foresomes........for NINE holes!!!!!!

The US women must spend hours in make up before they come out to play!!!

They have just said that this morning it took 2 hours 50 minutes this morning in the foresomes........for NINE holes!!!!!!

The US women must spend hours in make up before they come out to play!!!

To be fair, they do have Natalie Gulbis (who in my opinion, should play in every televised sporting tournament, not just golf)

To be fair, they do have Natalie Gulbis (who in my opinion, should play in every televised sporting tournament, not just golf)

Actually, one Suzann Petterson is rather distracting I fear!!

Suzann! Beautiful lady but dreadful sporting gesture that has cost her the respect of golf throughout the world.

She is not playing!!

Last edited:
Sorry Tony you are not a golfer you never pick your ball from a green other than out of the hole or the putt is given by the opposition and apparently it was not

Sorry Tony you are not a golfer you never pick your ball from a green other than out of the hole or the putt is given by the opposition and apparently it was not

That is why everyone there including Laura Davies is seething at Suzann....it is quite clearly within the rules but it is dreadful sportsmanship and golf is about sportsmanship unlike most other sports including rugby!! Hence one player calling a penalty on herself!

It was an 18 inch putt that was left and as soon as it had stopped rolling Charley Hull walked off presuming her senior partner had given, or would give, it!!!

Charley was in tears at the end when she was told what happened - she was oblivious to the furor until then!

The captains were in a long meeting afterwards to try and call the result a half but it was not possible within the Cup rules!

This will run and run......

Last edited:
Last edited:
off course she has this is the media, it's in their blood, it also says the other USA player shouted dont pick it up!!!! proof enough the putt was never given and as i say again, unless it is given verbally or with a GESTURE the putt has to be played, 16 inches or not it may have not been straight and indeed a difficult putt to knock in.
years ago 2 overweight women USA were caught doing unsporting things in the same comp. and not to mention AZINGER and cant remember his partner playing Seve and Olostmyball swopping balls in a foursome in the Ryder Cup, so there is past history also. If the teenager walked off she was probably niave but Petterson stood her ground said nothing and did not give the putt, it is not unsporting she played to the letter of the rules so how can this be unsporting, the Usa girl made a mistake and the press did the rest !!!

Final word from me on this......

Petterson today issues long rambling abject apology for her lack of sportsmanship and being terribly sorry for not giving the half as she says she should have done!

There is a rule quoted In a paper yesterday whereby in these circumstances, the player can place her ball back as near as possible and take the putt!! The referee failed to point this out!

Our levels of sportsmanship are obviously very different and as a past Captain and a golfer of over 40 years, I know which I would prefer to be!

Last edited:

Latest posts