• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some new vids...

Originally posted by maddog79@Feb 9 2005, 11:14 PM
hmmmm bugger
mmmm, hamburger....

don't see what the problem is with broadcast view. as far as i understood, it was to do with left/right passing being to do with the direction the player is facing. I always played WCr on the side view, and never found that a problem. i might have missed the point though...

Broadcast view looks OK. Quite aesthetic really. Surely you should be able to get used to the view? On previous games, I have also taken to using views I don't like or changing views regularly if I find the game too easy (just to disorient myself and level the playing field a little). Broadcast looks better than some camera angles in R2004.

Don't hold with the passing L/R problem. Have experienced this with some views in other games and after I'm used to it, it really doesn't bother me at all.

Guess its horses for courses.

Broadcast for me

Looks like the tv.

The train looks wicked its like stuff u do for the school.

S

I don't know what anyone else thinks but the kicking seems ok if you look at the classic video. The aussie number 10 kicks it a fair distance

Originally posted by The Ospreys@Feb 10 2005, 04:02 AM
does anyone know when the rugby 2005 demo will be out.
Yes....

When u see the thread 'RUGBY 2005 DEMO OUT NOW'!!
<

Its unconfirmed yet but hopefully we will see it by the end of Feb

Originally posted by maddog79@Feb 9 2005, 09:22 PM
WOW! i m am excited!
The camera angles all look ok to me except classic
i quite like the look of classic, u can see the gaps better i guess... we'll see tho wen it cumz out

guess classic could be ok to play on as you do get to see everything which makes kicking abit eaiser than the side view. Hopefully the demo will come out in the next few weeks.

Ok fellas, here's the camera angle info

Side view
Good
This is the default camera angle and it's good if you like running play! The forwrds seem to burst onto the ball much better in this view, and it looks superb if you step through a gap! Seems very smooth and plays well!

Bad
It's quite hard to defend on this view! You think you've got a player lined up only for him to dash past you! Judging gaps is also quite hard! The kicking is truly abysmal using this view, there's no way on this earth that you'll put an accurate kick of any type in using the side camera!

Classic View
Good
You can see a lot of the field in this view, enabling you to put decent kicks in, line defenders up and spot gaps! Also, the view doesn't switch if you're attacking or defending!

Bad
Oh dear! When you're running downfield (ie towards the TV screen) with the ball in hand, the passing goes to cock! If you want to pass the ball to the right (your right, not the players right) you have to press L1 !!!! And vice-versa! That is ridiculous! It's all right saying you can get used to it, but when you're in the thick of the action it makes you scream if you Push R1 only to see the ball being passed left!

Classic 2
Good
Same as Classic, but the camera switches view behind the attacking team! This is good for putting kicks in, lining tackles up, and spotting gaps. It's also good for keeping an eye on the whole of your defensive/attacking lines!

Bad
The kicks don't travel anywhere near as far as they do on the side view! Also, the sensation of speed is a lot less than it is on the side view! Forwards don't charge as quick, and the nippy wingers don't seem as fast!

Broadcast
Good
You get a good, TV style close up view of the match!

Bad
You don't feel fully in control using this camera! Definitely the worst of the 4!

So there you are, Classic would have been the best choice, but the mirrored passing when coming downfield totally ruins it! What a shame! Side and Classic 2 are the best camera angles to use!

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 9 2005, 10:39 AM
broadcast and classic look crap to play on. Side view seems to be the best. Trainning drills look like fun
classic looks great to me

Latest posts