• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Some teams receiving far greater rest between games

If Rugby is destined to become a pure show, all these TV audience, players availability, reasons are just basically logical and irremediable.
Now does everyone want to forget it's also a sport ?
Considering it, the double turnaround scale between majors and minors teams is just unfair and only contribute to put the boot in to the emerging countries.

hi all!

well , i guess that whit effort a team can get a better treatment. Argentina got the 3rd position in 2007 , playing some matches whit 4 days interval ( opening match vs france and 2nd match ) so , when each pool head was decided, argentina was 4th , and win the rigth to have more rest than others. Maybe for the next wc we have to play whit less days betwen matches ( as the better scenario for us is to play qter finals whit all black , and get ranked betwen 5 and 8 for the next years..

bye

martin

The IRB sure have a lot to discuss post tournament ... equalitity of punishments (wrong mouth guards V ball swapping), the tournament game scheduling/fairness, and the whole financial model/sponsorship stuff.

... It would be nice if all of this stuff could be given serious consideration, some positive progress made, and some positive outcomes well before the next cup.

... The IRB do some great work promoting and developing the sport world wide, but they really need to address these issues, instead of putting them in the "too hard" basket, or delaying discussion on them for unnecessarily long periods of time

hi all!

well , i guess that whit effort a team can get a better treatment. Argentina got the 3rd position in 2007 , playing some matches whit 4 days interval ( opening match vs france and 2nd match ) so , when each pool head was decided, argentina was 4th , and win the rigth to have more rest than others. Maybe for the next wc we have to play whit less days betwen matches ( as the better scenario for us is to play qter finals whit all black , and get ranked betwen 5 and 8 for the next years..

bye

martin

The difference between Argentina and teams like Japan, Tonga and Samoa (I mean no disrespect when I say this) is that Argentina look like they can beat anyone and in 2007 had several players who were among the best in the world which other small rugby nations do not. Argentina were the second best team in the tournament in my opinion, England were horrible, but today the team is depleted and only resting on two key players instead of the 7 or so key players they used to have.