• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

something i don't understand

B

beUf

almost everyone here says that it's very difficult to play against england in hard mode.

5 minutes ago, i played my first non-world league (which i play with bourguoin in hard mode) match in hard mode with NZ against england. and i beat them 31-3...

and i do not use any tricks, i do not take advantage of some bugs, etc... moreover, i would like to say that 4 of the 5 tries i scored were actually very realistic. except the last one which was a lucky interception of rockocoko (wrong spelling, hu ?).
and it hasn't been a hard and tough game. that was quite cool.

but the main problem, to me, is that england didn't really score -> the 3 points were just due to a penalty (offside position). ia isn't good enough.

i'm not making this thread to say "hey, guys, you know, i'm soooo good at rugby 2005". i just say that i wish i could play it on the multiplayer mode, because the single player mode becomes boring...

thought ?

ps : sorry for my english.

Try playing them in a tournement, all teams seem to be a bit harder in a tourny, especially england.

I find the difficulty level between teams seem to vary -

when I played France in the 6 nations they seemd pretty ordinary, didn't break my line once and only score 3 points.

However when I played them in the world cup for third place, they kicked my ass and scored two great tries. They seemed like as completely different team!

Has anyone else experinced this?

i have been using the pacific teams like fiji samoa and tonga and with fiji i beat ireland 50-0 with like 3 tries from caucau running the whole field.

but i lost to them in the world cup pool match 19-22 they scored 12 points in like the last 2 mins i used 99's schedule too and since now theyres 5 teams instead of four they added ireland into my pool.

thats also the only loss ive had while playing the game too.i havnt played the game as much as id like but yea teams get a little harder i guess when playing them in a tournamet i didnt notice though.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Mar 31 2005, 03:21 AM
i have been using the pacific teams like fiji samoa and tonga and with fiji i beat ireland 50-0 with like 3 tries from caucau running the whole field.

but i lost to them in the world cup pool match 19-22 they scored 12 points in like the last 2 mins i used 99's schedule too and since now theyres 5 teams instead of four they added ireland into my pool.

thats also the only loss ive had while playing the game too.i havnt played the game as much as id like but yea teams get a little harder i guess when playing them in a tournamet i didnt notice though.
I must be really crap then - I've lost half my games on hard mode!!

no i havnt played as much like i said as id like to i started out by going all night playing the game and now just been busy i got to my second season in WL in 1 night lol and i havnt played as much im a long way off from finishing my 2nd season im sure more losses will come as i play i hope not though.

Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 30 2005, 02:24 PM
I find the difficulty level between teams seem to vary -

when I played France in the 6 nations they seemd pretty ordinary, didn't break my line once and only score 3 points.

However when I played them in the world cup for third place, they kicked my ass and scored two great tries. They seemed like as completely different team!

Has anyone else experinced this?
Sounds perfectly realistic to me, the French team blowing hot and cold like that
<

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 31 2005, 03:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Mar 31 2005, 03:28 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Mar 31 2005, 03:21 AM

I must be really crap then - I've lost half my games on hard mode!! [/b]
If you are indeed playing on hard mode I find this a little hard to believe..........

Are you playing long halves??........

Playing ten minute halfs I would never get enough possession with Fiji to be able to rack up 50 points in hard mode against ireland...........however in normal mode this is easily possible........

i could score 50 with 20% possesion lol but i got more than 20% possesion check your players ratings i change the whole team based on ratings my whole backline except for little are wingers.

and run the whole field a few times running a 100ms is the norm when i use fiji and the all blacks lol

ohh u should also try kicking off high and catching it using the jump button with caucau you can sometimes get a try right off the bat like that but if they tackle you you most likely loose the ball.

you just gotta play smart to kicking for touch inside the oppositions 22 and the forcing the 1st five to knock on when he tries to kick it.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Apr 1 2005, 05:13 AM
i could score 50 with 20% possesion lol but i got more than 20% possesion check your players ratings i change the whole team based on ratings my whole backline except for little are wingers.

and run the whole field a few times running a 100ms is the norm when i use fiji and the all blacks lol
That is not realistic - what team would be all wingers...

cheating as I see it.

Los Lover Posted on Apr 6 2005, 02:37 PM
QUOTE (ALLBLACKS @ Apr 1 2005, 05:13 AM)

and run the whole field a few times running a 100ms is the norm when i use fiji and the all blacks lol QUOTE

cheating as I see it.
U never heard of versatility? Anyway who gives a **** if u c it as cheatin, it is his game 2 do wat he wants in it.

Los Lover Posted on Apr 6 2005, 02:37 PM
QUOTE (ALLBLACKS @ Apr 1 2005, 05:13 AM)

and run the whole field a few times running a 100ms is the norm when i use fiji and the all blacks lol QUOTE

cheating as I see it.
U never heard of versatility? Anyway who gives a **** if u c it as cheatin, it is his game 2 do wat he wants in it.
No...I'm not telling him not to do it...but...YES...I am telling him it's cheating.

he can do what he wants....

and you can kiss my ass for stuffing up the quotes thing....hehe.

the game is obviously all about speed which makes for a very poor AI implementation.

Making all the centres and fullback as wingers shouldn't allow you to score all these tries, as it doesn't in real life.

The only reason it works is because the AI leaves humungous gaps and the whole team always ends up in a diamond formation of follow the ball. it looks pathetic to see every player zig zag in the same direction all at the same time.

Might be a little random with this but:

With World League I think (at least) as you move up the ranks, the competiton gets harder.

Like Div 3 should be easy, Div 2 Normal, and Div 1 Hard.

Latest posts