• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sore losers!

E

ecks tartan army

now, before i start can i say the vast majority of england fans i have spoken to have taken their defeat in good grace - and credit goes to these people.

there will however be muppets that cannae take defeat (in all sides) that always provide hours of entertainment - like this one for example! (see posts by "heybigspender")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28191620

now, who wants to buy him a rulebook?

(there will be many more example of this over the next few days - a love these big events (and incase anyone things im laughing at the english because im scottish - ive spent all afternoon laughing at fellow rangers supporters complaining about religious gestures made by a celtic goalkeeper! :D ))

On all the forums I visit and people I've spoken to there's not been one sore loser - the only ones that will be sore aren't real rugby fans and only watched the game because England were in the final, they'll be back to wussball next week.

About that disallowed try pic, here's something I boshed up in paint as it's all I have here and I'm a bit merry:

clearly shows his foot is nowhere near touch!

TBH i dont think that pic is conclusive - his foot isnt in touch but he is still a fair bit off the ground at the time. a better idea could be had using stills from the camera at the other end - from which part of the touchline appears to fly into the air - but im not gonna get into an argument about if it was a try or not.

best pic from that lot is no 12? of monty flying towards the TV camera! :D

I'm not sure whether any after-the-event photo evidence is necessary. The video ref looked long and hard and made his decision. It was a mighty close one to call and he decided on 'no try'. Fair enough.

We live with it and move on.

I have conclusive evidence that it wasn't a try. The scoreline. The match is over, England have lost, but we will get on with it, look to the future.

What we will *choke* not do is go on abo*choke*ut it for ages.

we have never choked f***wit we just dont have the mentality anymore for the big time like that we just cant force ourselfs to turn the fast paced hard hitting game of rugby into sumthing that resembles a game of golf......you slow f***ers from the northern hem, are ruining our gme. even tho its bullshit ur gay tactics seem to win u the game. ur gameplay forced south africa to drop to your boring level. U people may be happy when u win games like the quarta and semi but every game like that is a backwards step for rugby really. f***ing fags ruining the game!!!! go back to soccer

I'm not sure whether any after-the-event photo evidence is necessary. The video ref looked long and hard and made his decision. It was a mighty close one to call and he decided on 'no try'. Fair enough.

We live with it and move on.
[/b]

Extactly mate... Hell we even tryed our luck with the ref but didnt come up trumpets... just plane muppets :lol:

Learn to forgive and forget where forced to, so yeah next week from now it will beforgotten.... HOPEFULLY!

we have never choked f***wit we just dont have the mentality anymore for the big time like that we just cant force ourselfs to turn the fast paced hard hitting game of rugby into sumthing that resembles a game of golf......you slow f***ers from the northern hem, are ruining our gme. even tho its bullshit ur gay tactics seem to win u the game. ur gameplay forced south africa to drop to your boring level. U people may be happy when u win games like the quarta and semi but every game like that is a backwards step for rugby really. f***ing fags ruining the game!!!! go back to soccer
[/b]

pram.gif

Rink is right, and as drunk as I am (please forgive spelling) I want to congratulate my South African brothers. They sings my favourite national anthem, and even though the Kiwis would kill England, the Aussies didn't and nor did the French. But South Africa beat the world champions twice. Fully deserving, no qualms, the better team won and the most deserving of the cup.

Salutations to a great sporting nation who fullfilled the spot of playing the best world cup rugby.

Also.. for the first 5 replays I thought it was a try, looking at his leg... then I realised... I think when he first landed, he was short of the line... and even though he was over the line with momentum, at the point he crossed the line, he was indeed out. Even with this try, I think it was destined for the "Springbacks" to win, and rightly so, beating the world champions twice in the same tournament. Never has a side been more deserving to dethrone the opposition than South Africa were today.

Not as fluent as I thought, I predicted South Africa by 15-20... but the ref did not allow so much open play. Always seems to happen, but alas... lekke for South Africa. Well won, chaps.

Bring on 2011.

That picture above is a joke as the foot hits the line about 4 frames later. So thats one piece of 'evidence' down the loo. So lets see the next.

In relation to this threads ***le, Ashton was a sore loser after the game, and made Graham Henry look even more gracious.

To the good english people who aren't cry-babies, well done on a fine effort. Sure it was 'slow the ball down' and 'be off-side all game' stuff, but I genuinely mean well played. It's hard to get away with that all game with a good ref and you guys played to your strengths.

To the whiners, you can all stay blind, sore and angry, but you can't stay World Cup Champions. Oh, and well held for your tenure, winning what 15 out of 40 odd games? Or am I being too kind? The measure of a cup holder is how you hold it between times. True champs lads.

At least the flood of Soccer Bandwagoners will slow down... hopefully.

And funny, English Fans, who act all high and mighty towards AB fans feeling a slight bit cheesed off because of the French's Foward Pass try and the rest of Wayne Barne's poor reffing (biggest meltdown on a Rugby pitch this side of Aaron Mauger at the MCG) *****ing about a no try which actually was a no try.

Well, as I said in another thead after all the crap we were given on NZ's exit:

Isn't Karma a beautiful thing?

I feel sorry for the good sports in England. They shouldn't have to reap what the others have sown.

<div class='quotemain'> I have conclusive evidence that it wasn't a try. The scoreline. The match is over, England have lost, but we will get on with it, look to the future.

What we will *choke* not do is go on abo*choke*ut it for ages. [/b]

That picture above is a joke as the foot hits the line about 4 frames later. So thats one piece of 'evidence' down the loo. So lets see the next.
[/b][/quote]

Heh? He's saying that it wasn't a try, and you also seem to be saying it wasn't a try, but you're arguing with him. Calm down :p.

<div class='quotemain'> I have conclusive evidence that it wasn't a try. The scoreline. The match is over, England have lost, but we will get on with it, look to the future.

What we will *choke* not do is go on abo*choke*ut it for ages. [/b]

In relation to this threads ***le, Ashton was a sore loser after the game, and made Graham Henry look even more gracious.

To the good english people who aren't cry-babies, well done on a fine effort. Sure it was 'slow the ball down' and 'be off-side all game' stuff, but I genuinely mean well played. It's hard to get away with that all game with a good ref and you guys played to your strengths.

To the whiners, you can all stay blind, sore and angry, but you can't stay World Cup Champions. Oh, and well held for your tenure, winning what 15 out of 40 odd games? Or am I being too kind? The measure of a cup holder is how you hold it between times. True champs lads.
[/b][/quote]

a bit thick aren't I?!

In my opinion, England have had a tournament of mixed fortune, which in some games saw them majorly underperform, and in some they overperformed.

Let's consider the facts before the tournament. England would probably qualify with their team in the lowest ebb it has been for some time. They'd probably just about beat a fired up Samoa and Tonga, and they did that. They were stuffed by South Africa who didn't break sweat and they laboured to a win over the USA.

The objective was achieved, the games were far from pretty or having any real consistent intelligent rugby. Notice as soon as Wilkinson comes back they start to win again. Remember they didn't have Wilkinson in the group game with South Africa.

So, England make the quarters, and are expected to be dumped out by Australia. As it happens, a different England come out and beat Australia and continued that against France, who were also coming back into form. Glad they got France, as we seem to be their bogey team.

So here we are, in the Final with some pride restored, but kind of feeling bemused as to how this team managed to get this far.

England lose, but throw everything at the South Africans, who defended very well and won the game. England didn't offer anything other than fighting spirit and heart.

Cueto was in touch at some stage i believe. My opinion is that even with that try, it wouldn't have made much difference, as South Africa were simply having none of it and shut England out, although it wasn't because of SA stopping the most amazing attacking play they have ever seen.

South Africa in my opinion played a very good World Cup. They had an easier route to the Final not having to play any heavyweights, but none of these games are easy when you are there and having to grind out the result. South Africa played every type of Rugby you can think of and adapted to beat each team. Whether it was a physical battle, kicking game or free-flowing, they did it all.

Overall, i'd say they had the best consistent performances of the big teams. They never had a poor game, although Tonga did make them pay on occasions. That game was more down to the fact that Pretorius looked like he was having goalkicking lessons.

England played a good World Cup when it mattered. They timed their run impeccably and although the rugby was ugly, it was winning rugby. That's what you need when you have a team that isn't firing.

As one of the footie managers said once 'You know you are good team, because even when you play extremely poor, you still win'.

England deserve their 2nd place, but i personally feel.. even being English that if England had won, it would have felt like something was wrong. There are major alarm bells with Ashton, i don't know why. He never had the confidence of the media.

England need to sort out these problems they have under Ashton and since Robinson left and build for the next World Cup. That means no more token veterans like Dallaglio. Sure England got to the final with these guys, but what actual impact did they have and what did they bring to the table?

Not saying that a Cipriani or Haskell would have performed better, but i think looking at SA's squad they had the right mix of youth and experience. England needed that little spark to run the backs, rather than rely on Wilkinson's boot, which is all that really happened. SA had that all over the park. We just brought on Dad's Army.

England can take a lot of heart from this tourney, because it is heart and passion that got them there, not displaying better skills than some of the other teams IMHO.

Well done England, lets take this home as a good consolation, and build for 2011.

England don't play well like this, and need to get back to some exciting rugby. I have a feeling that after Wilko retires, we are going to be in serious trouble for a quality 10.

Well, I was on the losing side and I did wake up very sore (in the head and throat as well as the legs because of the touch rugby during the day) the next morning, so that is quite an accurate term!

Well I was in a sports club filled by about 90% englishmen, my immediate party was predominantly english, 1 welshman (calls himself a welshman!), 2 kiwi's (one called himself a kiwi, but was singing swing low and god saves the queen with the best of them), a frenchmen named Freddie, a certain mr Tim Greenwood who was constanlty complaining about boks going down on the breakdown, but even before the final whistle had gone I was getting congratulations from every direction, trust me when I say that the english were very gracious in defeat and everyone had a good time trhoughout the night, no moping sulking or blaming refs were ever mentioned....

Well I was in a sports club filled by about 90% englishmen, my immediate party was predominantly english, 1 welshman (calls himself a welshman!), 2 kiwi's (one called himself a kiwi, but was singing swing low and god saves the queen with the best of them), a frenchmen named Freddie, a certain mr Tim Greenwood who was constanlty complaining about boks going down on the breakdown, but even before the final whistle had gone I was getting congratulations from every direction, trust me when I say that the english were very gracious in defeat and everyone had a good time trhoughout the night, no moping sulking or blaming refs were ever mentioned.... [/b]

We just had to put up with a South African Shouting "SEND HIM OFF, HE'S BEEN DOING IT ALL DAY" even tho 5 mins had passed ;)

Now it was fantastic... We were celebrating a great game of Rugby and a Great Tournament...

Latest posts