• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sore losers!

<div class='quotemain'> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28191620

now, who wants to buy him a rulebook?[/b]

They're called 'Laws'! ;)

BBC's 606 is a waste of time though, it's well known that the average user on there (and ScrumV before it) is a blithering idiot.
[/b][/quote]

Bloody aye, the Indian cricket fans on 606 really take the cake, The repetitive Symmond's hate threads and "Australians are racist" posts after the Perth incident were really funny. Badly designed message boards too, you'd think the BBC would make an effort.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A28191620

now, who wants to buy him a rulebook?[/b]

They're called 'Laws'! ;)

BBC's 606 is a waste of time though, it's well known that the average user on there (and ScrumV before it) is a blithering idiot.
[/b][/quote]

Bloody aye, the Indian cricket fans on 606 really take the cake, The repetitive Symmond's hate threads and "Australians are racist" posts after the Perth incident were really funny. Badly designed message boards too, you'd think the BBC would make an effort. [/b][/quote]

you dont need to tell me about the average user being a mupett - i was a member of their SPL section until they changed the format. now an administrator on a break-away forum and the first thing we did was ban about half the usernames!

but its still good for a luagh! :D

I'm sorry, but i did not encounter one sore loser after the RWC final...and i was out with the best of them in London.
Every Englishman partied just as hard as every Bokke, maybe not as hard as the Bokke (calls himself a Bokke!) we were partying with, but we partied pretty f***ing hard!
And London was bouncing - i can't emphasise that word enough - bouncing!!
The English were just so proud to see their country do so well and get so far (and so they should be) it made me very proud to have such friends who were gracious in defeat and a friend who was such a kind winner.
We interacted with (no lie) hundreds of people that night and everyone was whether English, Bokke, Welsh, Kiwi or French (or Norweigian...ahem, Tim?) was superb!

Like we said over and over again that night: -

"Rugby Wins!"

"Allez le rugby!"

To experience that night and that atmosphere and those people truly restores your faith in mankind.

I have conclusive evidence that it wasn't a try. The scoreline. The match is over, England have lost, but we will get on with it, look to the future.

What we will *choke* not do is go on abo*choke*ut it for ages.
[/b]

in that picture u english guys are still braggin bout jonny...grr im so sick of it...he isnt that good !! 50% success rate, for goodness sake.. oh by the way, beautiful professionally missed drop goals from the drop goal legend

Yknow, the more I look at Jonny's past few games, the more I think Francois Steyn is better :p

Yknow, the more I look at Jonny's past few games, the more I think Francois Steyn is better :p
[/b]

We could have told you that years ago! He was past it as soon as he knackered his shoulder against the Boks in 2003.

<div class='quotemain'> Yknow, the more I look at Jonny's past few games, the more I think Francois Steyn is better :p
[/b]

We could have told you that years ago! He was past it as soon as he knackered his shoulder against the Boks in 2003.
[/b][/quote]

You're not actually English are you.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Yknow, the more I look at Jonny's past few games, the more I think Francois Steyn is better :p
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

You're not actually English are you.

[/b][/quote]

the funny thing with Jonny though, is that the team simply plays better when he's around, even when missing penalties and drop goals and kicking poorly out of hand. How good he actually is i don't know, but he is still on of the most important union players within the context of his team.

the funny thing with Jonny though, is that the team simply plays better when he's around, even when missing penalties and drop goals and kicking poorly out of hand. How good he actually is i don't know, but he is still on of the most important union players within the context of his team.
[/b]

He has the "I can kick anything" aura, a team playing England changes it's game 'cause they think any penaltythey conced will be three points. Even when Paterson is kicking better Scotland down seem to have it.

I do think that after this world cup it was change though....Jonny's kicking reputation isn't as perfect as it once was and the antipodeans are bleating for rule changes 'cause they didn't win.

TBH i dont think that pic is conclusive - his foot isnt in touch but he is still a fair bit off the ground at the time. a better idea could be had using stills from the camera at the other end - from which part of the touchline appears to fly into the air - but im not gonna get into an argument about if it was a try or not.

best pic from that lot is no 12? of monty flying towards the TV camera! :D
[/b]

buddy are you blind?
if you say he's foot wasn't in touch your retarded

<div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure whether any after-the-event photo evidence is necessary. The video ref looked long and hard and made his decision. It was a mighty close one to call and he decided on 'no try'. Fair enough.

We live with it and move on.
[/b]

Extactly mate... Hell we even tryed our luck with the ref but didnt come up trumpets... just plane muppets :lol:

Learn to forgive and forget where forced to, so yeah next week from now it will beforgotten.... HOPEFULLY! [/b][/quote]

There is NOTHING to "forgive and forget". Threads like these really make you Poms look bad, but ALAS, you still carry on about this. It has been internationally accepted, proven and put to bed that his foot indeed touched the line before the ball was grounded. This shouldn't even be a debate cause for a debate to happen both sides have to have some info with substance, or atleast feasible. You poms are giving half baked pics as evidence, look at the pic on the first page of this forum, the ball is NOWHERE near the ground so how can it be feasible? Have a look at the video again... mate. The moment JUST before his elbows touched the ground his foot brushed the line 'ever so lightly'. Soon you'll be blaming the boot maker for making his boot to big, or blame his dad for passing on the gene for big feet.

The fact is the Boks are world champs, that will be written in history, that is what happened, and what matters. And the FACT that his foot touched the line makes the victory even sweeter... we won it fair and square.

Debate (eventhough there wasn't one) finished :bravo:

Steve-O, in all your bigotry you completely missed the fact that the person you're quoting is NOT a pom, but rather a kiwi...

Look at the first pic I posted - yes his foot is nowhere near touch and the ball isn't grounded, some people were claiming that this pic shows him in touch when it clearly shows the opposite (which is why I put it up)!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
I'm not sure whether any after-the-event photo evidence is necessary. The video ref looked long and hard and made his decision. It was a mighty close one to call and he decided on 'no try'. Fair enough.

We live with it and move on.
[/b]

Extactly mate... Hell we even tryed our luck with the ref but didnt come up trumpets... just plane muppets :lol:

Learn to forgive and forget where forced to, so yeah next week from now it will beforgotten.... HOPEFULLY! [/b][/quote]

There is NOTHING to "forgive and forget". Threads like these really make you Poms look bad, but ALAS, you still carry on about this. It has been internationally accepted, proven and put to bed that his foot indeed touched the line before the ball was grounded. This shouldn't even be a debate cause for a debate to happen both sides have to have some info with substance, or atleast feasible. You poms are giving half baked pics as evidence, look at the pic on the first page of this forum, the ball is NOWHERE near the ground so how can it be feasible? Have a look at the video again... mate. The moment JUST before his elbows touched the ground his foot brushed the line 'ever so lightly'. Soon you'll be blaming the boot maker for making his boot to big, or blame his dad for passing on the gene for big feet.

The fact is the Boks are world champs, that will be written in history, that is what happened, and what matters. And the FACT that his foot touched the line makes the victory even sweeter... we won it fair and square.

Debate (eventhough there wasn't one) finished :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

Yes and also, the Boks won 4 in a row. so that means something.... THE BOKS is THE BEST

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

He has the "I can kick anything" aura, a team playing England changes it's game 'cause they think any penaltythey conced will be three points. Even when Paterson is kicking better Scotland down seem to have it.

I do think that after this world cup it was change though....Jonny's kicking reputation isn't as perfect as it once was and the antipodeans are bleating for rule changes 'cause they didn't win.
[/b][/quote]

Way to ignore the fact that these rules were being pushed well before a single ball had been kicked at this World Cup - They were tested in the local ocker club rugby scene in 2006, and had already been implemented for the Australian Provinical Competition this year.

He's a bigot, because you say so? LMAO.
[/b]

Pom this and pom that every two seconds? I'd say so! That fact that virtually all the poms in this thread haven't argued against the decision and said SA would have won anyway/deserved it has completely escaped him and he's focused on a phrase "forgive and forget" which came from a kiwi....

Makes me wonder if he even read the thread or just came in for a bit of that old sport called pom bashing.

<div class='quotemain'>
He's a bigot, because you say so? LMAO.
[/b]

Pom this and pom that every two seconds? I'd say so! That fact that virtually all the poms in this thread haven't argued against the decision and said SA would have won anyway/deserved it has completely escaped him and he's focused on a phrase "forgive and forget" which came from a kiwi....

Makes me wonder if he even read the thread or just came in for a bit of that old sport called pom bashing.
[/b][/quote]
Oh come on now, there isn't anything wrong with that :p . Its an oldie but a goodie :bana: :D

Steve-O, in all your bigotry you completely missed the fact that the person you're quoting is NOT a pom, but rather a kiwi...

Look at the first pic I posted - yes his foot is nowhere near touch and the ball isn't grounded, some people were claiming that this pic shows him in touch when it clearly shows the opposite (which is why I put it up)! [/b]

When i said 'pom' i was refering to the English gentleman named 'polonius' (mainly). He was saying it was a "mighty close one to call and he decided on 'no try'. Fair enough". BTW this "forgive and forget" attitude towards this decision is being adopted by many poms, and i'm saying there's only something to forget and nothing to forgive.

Now, also what I'm saying is that the way people are describing the TV ref's decision is that he did us a little favour, and it could have gone either way, by saying it was not a try. And the way the English players reacted to this decision after the match was pretty shameful, especially since they are representing a country and were reflecting its views (yes that includes YOU).

I'm not saying all the members that are English on this forum are sore losers but there were alot who complained on THIS forum (and others) after the match, on its relevant thread.

Shall I start quoting your fellow country mens' comments? I think we both know what will come up...

Way to ignore the fact that these rules were being pushed well before a single ball had been kicked at this World Cup - They were tested in the local ocker club rugby scene in 2006, and had already been implemented for the Australian Provinical Competition this year.

[/b]

Hard work only beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Sort out the complacency in your own game instead of trying to change the rulebook to contrive success.

A game based around territorial kicking will necessarily yield a whole load of possession to the opposition...if the opposition can't exploit that then it's their fault. No need for rule changes.

And if, as people are saying, England's game is penalty based then it's only 'cause the opposition are second best around the ruck and so constantly infringe. Just changing the infringement rules or the consequences of them is wrong, wrong, wrong.

The other teams need to live up to their own press rather than moaning and demanding rule changes on the shaky premise of entertainment value. They weren't strong enough to compete at the rucks and clinical enough to turn the opposing teams territorial kicks into scoring opportunities. Back to the gym and the training field not the drawing board.

Now, also what I'm saying is that the way people are describing the TV ref's decision is that he did us a little favour, and it could have gone either way, by saying it was not a try. And the way the English players reacted to this decision after the match was pretty shameful, especially since they are representing a country and were reflecting its views (yes that includes YOU).
[/b]

Er...excuse me? Take Martin Corry's comments post match:

If its not up on the scoreboard, its not a try.[/b]

Obviously, extremely discraceful. Don't worry Stevie boy, we'll hunt this Corry bugger down and lynch him for saying such scandalous words!

What exactly were they doing that was shameful? Was the idea of Mike Catt bringing his kid onto the pitch post match the thing that irked you? Or was it the fact that a losing team was doing the radical thing of looking glum because they just lost the most important match of rugby they'll ever play in a four year cycle? Shameful! Ban the lot of them from rugby (I never liked Farrell anything, he always looked like a smacked arse in my opinion).

The fact is that only two players acted in a shameful way, and that was a week or two after the World Cup Final: Laurence Dallaglio and Mike Catt. Mark Cueto is just in denial but who can blame him because he was the guy who put the effort in and strained every muscle in his body to get across the line and score the try. If anyone else was in the same position in such a high stakes game, they'd be swearing blind that it was a try too! The rest at the time congratulated South Africa (and still do actually) and took the defeat on the chin.

Latest posts