South Africa out of the World Cup???

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
After Losing 3 nil to Uruguay tonight, are South Africa heading for an early exit???

Great win by Uruguay and it puts them in a strong position to win the group...

Will South Africa exiting at the group stage cause the atmosphere to die or can South Africa make it to the Knock out stages???

Nope, we won't make it. There is a chance, but it's highly unlikely. We just are not good enough. Uruguay were way too good.

After Losing 3 nil to Uruguay tonight, are South Africa heading for an early exit???

Great win by Uruguay and it puts them in a strong position to win the group...

Will South Africa exiting at the group stage cause the atmosphere to die or can South Africa make it to the Knock out stages???

I thought it was mutually accepted that SA wasn't going to get passed the group stages anyway.. Aren't they one of the 2 teams NZ are ranked ahead of?

I thought it was mutually accepted that SA wasn't going to get passed the group stages anyway.. Aren't they one of the 2 teams NZ are ranked ahead of?

Yeah, from memory NZ is 78th and SA is 83rd...I could be wrong or out of date.

Still, I hope they bag a goal or two before things are over. They are the hosts and it'd suck having a really bad result in the tourney for them.

Depending on how the result goes tonight I'm hopeful we can get France and South Africa out at the same time next week. France because it's France, and I'm English, and South Africa because their selfishness with those awful, ruinous horns means I want them to go out at the first hurdle.

South Africa are almost certainly out. If Mexico can beat France tonight then it's almost a certainty that France are out as well.

I disagree with you Dan, they support their teams using those horns, just like we do with the drum at England games... Its part of their culture, Deal with it!!!

20 years ago they would of never of dreamed of having the opportunity to get the World Cup hosted in their country...

Sorry Charlie, but it's not just part of their culture is it?

FIFA are constantly banging their drum about how the World Cup is a celebration of all football. Well, I can't hear the South Koreans (very noisily) chanting or singing, I can't hear the England band playing (not that I care I dislike them enormously), I can't hear myself think. They have totally ruined the experience for me and millions of other people around the world.

Personally I hope they never get the chance to host another tournament of any sort again. It's all well and good saying respect African culture, but everyone else's is being disrespected and eardrums violated throughout the world. If they want them in matches involving South Africa, fine, but they should be banned from every other game. They are utterly intolerable.

If they're part of the South African culture, why are they not used at Loftus when the Boks are playing?

They're about as much to do with a SA culture as Burberry baseball caps are with English culture.

Depends which culture you're talking about, as there are a lot of them in SA.

It just so happens that Soccer in this country is almost entirely watched and supported by african cultures, to the point where
white south africans who love football don't watch any SA soccer at all, rather opting to support the higher quality footy up north.
I'm not saying no boere or souties watch PSL or anything, just that they're such a miniscule part of the demographic it's not even funny.

It's amazing how many Mancs this country has after everybody watched Eurotrip.

I hate Vuvuzelas, and I hate that they were used at Soweto when the bulls were there, and I'm overjoyed that Newlands has a
ban on them from being taken anywhere near the stadium.

Latest posts