• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Southern Hemisphere XV

15)Dagg
14)Jane
13)Smith
12)Carter
11)Ioane
10)Cooper
9)Genia (FDP is better, but the Genia-Cooper combo is more exciting)
8)Spies
7)McCaw (Left/Right setup)
6)Buger
5)Matfield
4)Thorn
3)Hayman
2)Mealamu
1)Alexander

16)Robinson
17)TPN
18)Williams
19)Elsom
20)FDP
21)Nonu
22)AAC

For Pac Nations + Argentia

15)Hernandez
14)Tuilagi
13)Caucau
12)Contepomi
11)Nalaga
10)Arlidge
9)Polu
8)Ma'afu
7)Qeura
6)Fernandez-Lobbe
5)Tuineau
4)Albacete
3)Wright
2)Lutui
1)Roncero

15. Mils Muliaina
14. Cory Jane
13. Conrad Smith
12. Matt Giteau
11. Bryan Habana (useless lately, but sides are forced to keep an eye on him).
10. Dan Carter
9. Fourie Du Preez

8. Kieran Read
7. Richie McCaw
6. Schalk Burger
5. Victor Matfield
4. Brad Thron
3. Beast
2. Keven Mealamu
1. Tony Woodcock

16. B. Alexander
17. B. du Plessis
18. A. Bekker
19. H. Brussouw
20. W. Genia
21. M. Nonu
22. I. Dagg/G.Aplon

That's the most balanced team, that can play pretty much any style. A good mixture of brute, and flair, as well as smarts (du Preez and Carter running the backline? Wow!). I didn't include the traditional first-five on the bench since Giteau and du Preez are in there as kicking options.

Could've gone with Quade or Giteau at 10, but no one is more complete, or can steer a backline around the pitch like Dan. Mils and Jane can catch any high ball (if the opposing team chose to play that way), or they can have a very dangerous counter-attack with those three outside back.

Went with Giteau at 12, because he's just as dangerous as Nonu at breaking the line, he just does it differently i.e. ghosting runs, snaking through, stepping etc as opposed to bruising through. Plus he's a second kicking option (both goal kicking and off-hand) if Carter is elsewhere.

Genia, Nonu and Dagg off the bench would be explosive, and I really like what I saw off of Aplon. So either or between Dagg or Aplon would be fine.

Brussouw is a dream off the bench, and can sub either Richie or Schalk, depending on what the game requires.

Last edited:
Jeez, a few more NZ names than last year.

@ Sam Owen - Who the **** puts Giteau ahead of Carter at 1st 5/8th, and Carter at 2nd 5/8th (a position he hasn't played often since 2004).

Jeez, a few more NZ names than last year.

@ Sam Owen - Who the **** puts Giteau ahead of Carter at 1st 5/8th, and Carter at 2nd 5/8th (a position he hasn't played often since 2004).

Its my team dont need to get angry mate Im not the coach and theirs no such team.

Hey Im just new here just started this week as a matter of fact and was just wondering if its ok to be honest in writing in your southren hemisphere team when asked. Apologies if I offended anyone with the picking of my team hahaha..cant believe I just wrote that lol

You know Dan Carter started out for the crusaders as a number 12 and I heard him saying once that he prefers it there..

Whos your team nickdnz?

Last edited:
Its my team dont need to get angry mate Im not the coach and theirs no such team.

Hey Im just new here just started this week as a matter of fact and was just wondering if its ok to be honest in writing in your southren hemisphere team when asked. Apologies if I offended anyone with the picking of my team hahaha..cant believe I just wrote that lol

You know Dan Carter started out for the crusaders as a number 12 and I heard him saying once that he prefers it there..

Whos your team nickdnz?

Yes I knew he started there, when Andrew Mehrtens was the preferred 10. Carter has since become the best 10 in the world, perhaps ever. I wasn't really angry in my post, it was supposed to emphasize confusion than anger, lol. My team would be, according to form-

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. Ben Robinson
4. Brad Thorn
5. Victor Matfield
6. Juan Smith
7. Richie McCaw (c)
8. Kieren Read
9. Fourie du Preez
10. Daniel Carter
11. Hosea Gear
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Bryan Habana
15. Cory Jane

16. Gary Botha
17. Owen Franks
18. Andries Bekker
19. David Pocock
20. Will Genia
21. Morne Steyn
22. Mils Muliaina

Very good side I like the inclusion of Hosea Gear hes a good talent imagine if he was playing for the Wallabies..he'll definately get picked and Im sure would play well too

1.Tony Woodcock
2.Keven Mealamu
3.Beast
4.Nathen Sharpe
5.Victor Matfield
6.Victor Vito
7.Richie McCaw
8.Wycliff Palu
9.Fourie du Preez
10.Quade Cooper
11.Digby Ioane
12. Ma'a Nonu
13.Stirling Motlock (if he counts lol)if not Conrad Smith
14.Cory Jane
15.Mils Muliaina

16.John Smit
17.Andrew Hore
18.Pierre Spies
19.Kerian Read
20.Daniel Carter
21.Isreal Dagg
22.Juan De Jongh

Something then the usaual happy arguing lolz

For Pac Nations + Argentia

15)Hernandez
14)Tuilagi
13)Caucau
12)Contepomi
11)Nalaga
10)Arlidge
9)Polu
8)Ma'afu
7)Qeura
6)Fernandez-Lobbe
5)Tuineau
4)Albacete
3)Wright
2)Lutui
1)Roncero

Good team. Some remarks: Arlidge, really? Also, he plays for Japan, which is not SH...
Ledesma is one of the best hookers in the world. Above Lutui in my opinion. Lutui offers more in the loose but Ledesma leads from the front. Hard-nosed, loudmouthed *******.

I think Nick bums Hosea Gear more than I bum Gavin Henson.

HAHAHA!!

Gear has been playing well though I think hes of international level and should be playing for the All Blacks more often. I reckon if he was playing for any of the worlds elite countries he'd be a superstar.

No ways. Maybe as much as i bum Pierre Spies. But nowhere near the anal rapage you and Gavin go at. I think Nick does however keep trying to contact Conrad Smith regarding a weekend boink every now and then.

No ways. Maybe as much as i bum Pierre Spies. But nowhere near the anal rapage you and Gavin go at. I think Nick does however keep trying to contact Conrad Smith regarding a weekend boink every now and then.
If you add Umaga to the mix, I'd have an awsome foursome.

Why is it that every time CyRil appears in a thread, it turns gay?

I dunno, but I must say that I approve of your new sig. And is that a new perfume you're wearing? Very naice.

1 Ben Alexander (AUS)
2 Bismarck du Plessis (SA)
3 Owen Franks (NZ)
4 Danie Rossouw (SA)
5 Andries Bekker (SA)
6 Juan Smith (SA)
7 Richie McCaw (NZ)
8 Juan Fernandez Lobbe (ARG)

9 Fourie du Preez (SA)
10 Dan Carter (NZ)
11 Hosea Gear (NZ)
12 Felipe Contepomi (ARG)
13 Jacque Fourie (SA)
14 Cory Jane (NZ)
15 Mills Muliaina (NZ)

16 Guthro Steenkamp (SA)
17 Kevan Mealamu (NZ)
18 Nathan Sharpe (AUS)
19 Schalk Burger (SA)
20 Will Genia (AUS)
21 Juan Martin Hernandez (ARG)
22 Adam Ashley Cooper (AUS)

If they were at thier best Woodcock, Matfield, Giteau and Habana could probably make the cut. Haven't seen Sivivatu, Ali Williams or Brussouw play for ages so didn't consider them.

1 Ben Alexander (AUS)
2 Bismarck du Plessis (SA)
3 Owen Franks (NZ)
4 Brad Thorn (NZ)
5 Andries Bekker (SA)
6 Juan Fernandez Lobbe (ARG)
7 Richie McCaw (NZ)
8 Pierre Spies (SA)
9 Fourie du Preez (SA)
10 Dan Carter (NZ)
11 Sitiveni Sivivatu (NZ)
12 Jacque Fourie (SA)
13 Conrad Smith (NZ)
14 Cory Jane (NZ)
15 Israel Dagg (NZ)

16 Tendai Mtawarira (SA)
17 Keven Mealamu (NZ)
18 Nathan Sharpe (AUS)
19 Kieran Reid (NZ)
20 Will Genia (AUS)
21 Filepe Contepomi (ARG)
22 Mils Muliaina (NZ) / Juan Martin Hernandez (ARG)

Last edited:
1. Tialata (nz)
2. Mealamu (nz)
3. Van der Linde (sa)
4. Albecete (arg)
5. Matfield (sa)
6. Burger (sa)
7. McCaw (nz)
8. Spies (sa)
9. Du Preez (sa)
10 Carter (nz)
11 Nalaga (fij)