15 Muliaina (nz)

16 Habana (sa)
17 M. Steyn (sa)
18 Weepu (nz)
19 Smit (sa)
20 Johnstone (sam)
21 Lobbe (arg)
22 Qera (fij)

disagree with bolded, never heard of underlined.

I'm just picking SANZAR players because:
1) Too many players including Pacific and Argentinian ones
2) I think that there are a lot of talent in the previous nations, but since they play in northern tournaments, would be difficult to me appreciate them in august (my brain stores NH rugby until may 23-25, then it's all South :D :D :D)

forgive me.

Show must go on should be the motto of this XV, no tactics, no boring kicking... Just keep the ball in your hands and show me what you can do!

15 - Mils Muliaina (even AAC but... smth to follow)
14 - Bryan Habana
13 - Jacque Fourie
12 - Conrad Smith (he is a natural playmaker, for me he could play 12 as well, and if I were in Henry I would pick Kahui 13 and Smith 12)
11 - Adam Ashley-Cooper let me switch him in this position
10 - Quade Cooper
9 - Will Genia
8 - Keiran Read
7 - Richie McCaw
6 - Schalk Burger
5 - Andries Bekker
4 - Bakkies Botha (yes, him!)
3 - Ben Alexander (for Oz has played some matches at tighthead)
2 - Keven Mealamu
1 - Benn Robinson

16 - Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 - Owen Franks
18 - Nathan Sharpe
19 - David Pocock
20 - Piri Weepu
21 - Dan Carter
22 - Cory Jane

Go and play champagne rugby! :p

Yes, no Matfield (nothing but lineouts), no Spies (can't taclke)... Carter on the bench, Woodcock out though he is a better scrummager, but who cares??
I just remember the Barbarians game against NZ and some of the tries that Australia scored against Wales in november, with an amazing handling from Robinson and Alexander!!! And the are a kind of fetchers too!

Last edited:
disagree with bolded, never heard of underlined.
Underlined are, I'm guessing, Census Johnston - amazing prop who plays for Toulouse (alternatively it could be Campbell Johnstone), and Akapusi Qera - one of the most underrated (and clearly unheard of) backrowers in world rugby.

Last edited:
15. Mils
14. Cory Jane
13. Fourie
11. Mvovo/Ranger
10. DC
9. Du Preez/Hougaard

8. Vermeulen
7. Louw
6. McCaw
5. Bekker
4. Flip vd Merwe
3. Franks
2. Mealamu
1. Splintercock

from Super 14.

Underlined are, I'm guessing, Census Johnston - amazing prop who plays for Toulouse (alternatively it could be Campbell Johnstone), and Akapusi Qera - one of the most underrated (and clearly unheard of) backrowers in world rugby.

exactly

and i don't understand why people hate on spies

1. Sakaria Taulafo
  2. Keven Mealamu
  3. Neemia Tialata
  4. Manaia Salavea
  5. Iosefa Tekori
  6. Jonny Faamatuainu
  7. Jerome Kaino
  8. Henry Tuilagi
  9. Seremaia Bai
  10. Piere Hola
  11. Mikaele Pesamino
  12. Alesana Tuilagi
  13. Seilala Mapusua
  14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
  15. Lolo Lui
I stick with my island brothers, even though most most them are Samoan... lol

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu
3. Alexander
4. Thorn (best lock in the world in my opinion)
5. Matfield (not had a great season by any means, but still the best line out jumper)
6. Burger/Vito
7. McCaw
8. Read (Has been far better than Spies this Tri Nations, and I wasn't even a big fan of Read)

9. Weepu
10. Carter
11. Gear
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. Habana
15. Dagg

1. Sakaria Taulafo
  2. Keven Mealamu
  3. Neemia Tialata
  4. Manaia Salavea
  5. Iosefa Tekori
  6. Jonny Faamatuainu
  7. Jerome Kaino
  8. Henry Tuilagi
  9. Seremaia Bai
  10. Piere Hola
  11. Mikaele Pesamino
  12. Alesana Tuilagi
  13. Seilala Mapusua
  14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
  15. Lolo Lui
Nice team uce.

I left impressed by Campese Ma'afu, Salesi's brother, when he played for Fiji against Australia in june!
Nice prop, I hope he can improve in some hi-level championship!!

1. Sakaria Taulafo
  2. Keven Mealamu
  3. Neemia Tialata
  4. Manaia Salavea
  5. Iosefa Tekori
  6. Jonny Faamatuainu
  7. Jerome Kaino
  8. Henry Tuilagi
  9. Seremaia Bai
  10. Piere Hola
  11. Mikaele Pesamino
  12. Alesana Tuilagi
  13. Seilala Mapusua
  14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
  15. Lolo Lui

Mmm, not sure about that...A center at sh? Uale Mai is the one you want...Oh and also Census Johnstone is miles better than Tialata.

1. Sakaria Taulafo
  2. Keven Mealamu
  3. Neemia Tialata
  4. Manaia Salavea
  5. Iosefa Tekori
  6. Jonny Faamatuainu
  7. Jerome Kaino
  8. Henry Tuilagi
  9. Seremaia Bai
  10. Piere Hola
  11. Mikaele Pesamino
  12. Alesana Tuilagi
  13. Seilala Mapusua
  14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
  15. Lolo Lui

Island brothers? Mapusua, Tialata and Mealamu were BORN in New Zealand. So if you were going for a SH team not compromised of the Tri-Nations countries, you didn't succeed.

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu
3. Alexander
4. Thorn (best lock in the world in my opinion)
5. Matfield (not had a great season by any means, but still the best line out jumper)
6. Burger/Vito
7. McCaw
8. Read (Has been far better than Spies this Tri Nations, and I wasn't even a big fan of Read)

9. Weepu
10. Carter
11. Gear
12. Nonu
13. Smith
14. Habana
15. Dagg

Is this a 'current form' team disregarding injuries? I would have Francois Hougaard and Will Genia ahead of Weepu. Habana also really doesn't deserve to be near a best XV anywhere if it's based on current form. Aplon has been far better. Dagg is also a question mark, seeing as he has only come off the bench. Although he has finished very well in the moments he has had on the field. Also throw away Burger and replace him with Juan Smith. Love your entire NZ backline apart from Habana btw... They have been good though, but i expect Juan de Jongh, Francois Hougaard, as well as Shadow vd Heever to be added to these lists soon enough.

Island brothers? Mapusua, Tialata and Mealamu were BORN in New Zealand. So if you were going for a SH team not compromised of the Tri-Nations countries, you didn't succeed.
Fair enough Mike but they are island brothers as us islanders would like to say, I bet you if you ask'd them they'd say 'yeah man Im an island brother'.

Well, New Zealand is a group of islands in the pacific. Just sayin'.

New Zealand is part of Polynesia, most people know this, but I doubt they would consider themselves islanders, but that is me.

Kind've a difference between polynesia and islanders though.

New Zealand is part of Polynesia, most people know this, but I doubt they would consider themselves islanders, but that is me.

Kind've a difference between polynesia and islanders though.
LOL...you've got to come to NZ and you'll know that islanders are proud to admit that they are one..:)

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Kevin Mealamu
3. CJ Van der Linde
4. Brad Thorn
5. Victor Matfield
6. Juan Smith
7. Richie Mccaw
8. Kieran Read
9. Piri Weepu (Francois Hougaard if he plays like he did in another game)
10. Dan Carter
11. Drewster the rooster :p
12. <strike>John Smit</strike> Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Jane
15. Mils

16. John Smit
17. Owen Franks
18. Nathan Sharpe
19. Schalk Burger
20. Francois Hougaard
21. Matt Giteau
22. Israel Dagg

EDIT : (Sam Owen) I know most are proud of their heritage, and rightly so, but given the choice I reckon they would want to live in New Zealand as it is where they were born.

Last edited:
Is this a 'current form' team disregarding injuries? I would have Francois Hougaard and Will Genia ahead of Weepu. Habana also really doesn't deserve to be near a best XV anywhere if it's based on current form. Aplon has been far better. Dagg is also a question mark, seeing as he has only come off the bench. Although he has finished very well in the moments he has had on the field. Also throw away Burger and replace him with Juan Smith. Love your entire NZ backline apart from Habana btw... They have been good though, but i expect Juan de Jongh, Francois Hougaard, as well as Shadow vd Heever to be added to these lists soon enough.
Tehehe, the bias did not go unnoticed.

I fairness, I think Weepu has acutally been the best SH in the Tri Nations, where Genia hasn't really impressed so far. In the S14 it's a different story. I think Weepu's game in Wellington was the best performance from a scrum half this year. Hougaard was certainly impressive last match though.

I picked Habana and Matfield simple because I think it won't take much for them to turn right. I agree Dagg maybe doesn't deserve to be there, it's just Mils has been a bit selfish in his play lately, which sometimes pays off, but sometimes he seems to go no where. Aplon has been good, but no South African back has really had the oppertunity to impress that much in honesty. It's not like they're not very good, and if they were in the AB's we may see them shine more, but because the Bok's style of play doesn't give the fast men much space to move in, it's hard to compare. Juan Smith looked good in his game back, but it's hard to make that call just on one game, otherwise I'd be tempted to put Vito in there.

The All Blacks, because of the way they've been collectivly performing as a team, is making the individuals look really good. I think if a Southern Hemesphere XV was put together, it would be better to see it on the EoYT.

LOL...you've got to come to NZ and you'll know that islanders are proud to admit that they are one..:)
I have to agree with Iron Mike. No doubt many Polynesian's will say they're Samoan/Tongan/Fijian etc, but put in context, I'm sure most will say they're New Zealanders or New Zealand Samoan etc. Out of the current All Blacks only Jerome Kaino (American Samoa), Joe Rokocoko (Fiji) and Mils Muliaina (Samoa) were born over seas, and out of those players and Joe Rokocoko was the oldest to start living in New Zealand at only 5 years old.

Last edited:

Latest posts