• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springbok Champions

B

Bokpower

The father of South African rugby - Doc Danie Cruyven - said:
The Springboks will always beat the All Blacks when the Bulls are strong. The Bulls won the Super14 this year...

The Springboks will always beat the All Blacks when the Bulls are strong. The Bulls won the Super14 this year... [/b]

Was this not the same Doc Craven who said "I am the walrus"?

And did the Boks not lose both matches this year to the All Blacks, AFTER the Super 14?

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope the Boks win, and they have the potential to do so, but I'm not for a second basing it on a comment made by someone who passed away during a time when rugby was entirely amateur and casual sex was en vogue.

The Springboks will always beat the All Blacks when the Bulls are strong. The Bulls won the Super14 this year...
[/b]

There used to also be a saying the the ABs were strong when Auckland rugby was strong. But this maybe applied 15-20 years ago.

The way most Intl teams have improved in the last 4 months (including the BOKKE) shows that the old rules anbd measuring sticks are well and truly out the window.

Welcome to a true WC where it is too tight to pick a clear favourite. 7 days and counting ......

My grand mather said, French will be world champion whan their president will be called Nicolas and the summer would have been awful....my grandmather never was wrong, except when she predicted a saturday that the next day would be a tuesday.... :)

Latest posts