Springbok Champions

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Bokpower, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Bokpower

Bokpower Guest

The father of South African rugby - Doc Danie Cruyven - said:
    The Springboks will always beat the All Blacks when the Bulls are strong. The Bulls won the Super14 this year...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. stormmaster1

stormmaster1 Guest

so the boks will lose out to th frogs then??

4. knuble

knuble Guest

yes they can win

5. DNAPlay

DNAPlay Guest

Was this not the same Doc Craven who said "I am the walrus"?

And did the Boks not lose both matches this year to the All Blacks, AFTER the Super 14?

Don't get me wrong - I certainly hope the Boks win, and they have the potential to do so, but I'm not for a second basing it on a comment made by someone who passed away during a time when rugby was entirely amateur and casual sex was en vogue.

6. There used to also be a saying the the ABs were strong when Auckland rugby was strong. But this maybe applied 15-20 years ago.

The way most Intl teams have improved in the last 4 months (including the BOKKE) shows that the old rules anbd measuring sticks are well and truly out the window.

Welcome to a true WC where it is too tight to pick a clear favourite. 7 days and counting ......

7. Duckz

Duckz Guest

id like to see them win, but i reckon it'll be the all blacks this time.

8. john

john Guest

My grand mather said, French will be world champion whan their president will be called Nicolas and the summer would have been awful....my grandmather never was wrong, except when she predicted a saturday that the next day would be a tuesday.... :)

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!