• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Springbok Contracts

This is an article published just now on the topic that is very much in step with my own interpretation. It calls the move to scrap the 30 cap rule "desperate", points out there may be an element of self preservation about it for Rassie and raises concerns about the consequences for the SA Super Rugby sides.

https://www.planetrugby.com/news/loose-pass-south-africa-ring-fencing-and-nico-lee/

I think I'll sue Planet Rugby for plagiarism. Know a good lawyer Heineken? :p

That's more an opinion piece more than anything else. But I understand your point of view on the matter. But again, that's just one side of the coin, and I can't see that Rassie or his Successor(s) would select a team made entirely of overseas based players.

The other thing is that most of the players don't move abroad on a permanent basis, and rather do short loan spells.

I agree with the article regarding the Currie Cup, but not so much with Super Rugby. During August - November we have the RC and the EOYT and this year also the World Cup. So our top players would in any case be with the Springboks, while others either play Currie Cup or for a team abroad.

Again, the plan isn't to stop and exodus from happening, the plan is to try and pursuade more players to rather consider staying in SA. And there will be a lot of guys who will stay.

Latest posts