• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SR 2020 SA teams

You guys think the Bulls new top signing will push some cash into the side?

That's the hope. But we don't know what happens behind closed doors. Rupert and Motsepe now have equal shares in the Bulls. But it's the corporate arm of the Union, so we don't know how they will do business, and if anything will change and whether or not recruitment will be done.

The possibility is there that they might rather look at youth squads and improve their academy and rather try to use what they have and improve on that.

Marx has basically signed something similar to a Kolpak deal, he will play in Japan but when the league ends he won't run out for the Lions.

Same with Kwagga who won't be available for the Lions in the next Super rugby season. So we won't see these two players running out in Super rugby next year.

Marx has basically signed something similar to a Kolpak deal, he will play in Japan but when the league ends he won't run out for the Lions.

Same with Kwagga who won't be available for the Lions in the next Super rugby season. So we won't see these two players running out in Super rugby next year.

Yeah, I just read that too. But I wonder if Kwagga might be thinking of doing the same as Kolbe in trying to go to the Olympics with the 7's team.

I didn't do a Bulls team, so let me try:

1. Lizo Gqoboka
2. Jaco Visagie
3. Trevor Nyakane
4. Jannes Kirsten
5. Juandre Kruger
6. Marco Van Staden
7. Roelof Smit
8. Josh Strauss

9. Embrose Papier
10. Morne Steyn
11. Roscoe Specman
12. Burger Odendaal
13. JT Jackson
14. Cornal Hendricks
15. Warrick Gelant

16. Corniel Els
17. Wiehan Herbst
18. Siphiwe Matanzima
19. Muller Uys
20. Ruan Steenkamp
21. Ivan van Zyl
22. Manie Libbok
23. Johnny Kotze

24. Marnitz Boshoff
25. Tim Agaba
26. Edgar Marutlule
27. Nqoba Mxoli
28. Thembelani Bholi
29. Paul Schoeman
30. Jade Stighling
31. Andre Warner
32. Dylan Sage

Morne Steyn should not start in the Bulls team...I hope he's more of a mentor to the young guns, like Schalk Brits was.

I thought Brits started though?

He did. Quite a few games actually.

The thing is I think Morne will start a few games. Libbok is surely with first choice fly half, but our other option is Marnitz Boshoff, and he's an injury-prone player. And based on reports he's again on the sidelines with another injury.

So we're stuck with Libbok and Steyn.

Andre Warner, Jamba Ulengo and Roelof Smit has left the Bulls for the lions

The Bulls have announced their 40-man squad for the tournament:

Bulls 2020 squad

Forwards: Simphiwe Matanzima, Gerhard Steenekamp, Lizo Gqoboka, Corniel Els, Jaco Visagie, Muller Uys, Johan Grobbelaar, Louis van der Westhuizen, Trevor Nyakane, Wiehahn Herbst, Dayan van der Westhuizen, Andries Ferreira, Ryno Pieterse, Ian Groenewald, Juandré Kruger, Ruan Nortje, Tim Agaba, Marco van Staden, Jeandré Rudolph, Ruan Steenkamp, Abongile Nonkontwana, Wian Vosloo, Josh Strauss.

Backs: Ivan van Zyl, Embrose Papier, Marco Jansen van Vuren, Morne Steyn, Chris Smith, Manie Libbok, Rosko Specman, Divan Rossouw, Burger Odendaal (captain), Dylan Sage, Franco Naude, Cornal Hendricks, Nafi Tuitavake, Marnus Potgieter, Johnny Kotze, Jade Stighling, Warrick Gelant, Richard Kriel.

Latest posts