• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

St Helens vs. Wigan

S

St Helens RLFC

Don't like starting threads for individual games but this is a big one. Not for on the field reasons, but for the simple fact this is yet another TRF meetup.

Discuss all the action in here.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this match.
Witnessing the atmosphere in Cardiff in amongst what was only a small percentage of supporters was awesome - i can only imagine it being much better.

As far as the game is concerned i can't really make much of a comment, as i am still quite uneducated.
Will be watching the Saints v Leeds game tomorrow, so will be able to form a better opinion then.

But one thing i can say, and i'm not sure if i'm allowed to wtihout getting gutted by Dan when i next see him, but:
I like Trent Barret (i think that's his name) - he's like Wigan's stronghold and helps their game so much. I'm not sure if he's recognised as one of their best, but he stands out like a sore thumb on that team. Is he in a league of his own compared to most of their players?

I like Trent Barret (i think that's his name) - he's like Wigan's stronghold and helps their game so much. I'm not sure if he's recognised as one of their best, but he stands out like a sore thumb on that team. Is he in a league of his own compared to most of their players?
[/b]

"Trent, Trent will tear us apart, when?"

In all seriousness, he's a very, very good player. If the rest of the team were on his wavelength Wigan would be scary. He's way too good for them. He should be at Saints or Leeds. If we had him I doubt we would ever lose a game. We'd score with every attack. He is such a good player.

But that's enough of the praise, I think...!

One thing that you and Mite might be interested in is the chance to have a look around our new stadium plans, which I haven't done myself yet.

Gotta say, i'm fairly chuffed that i've been able to pick out a good rugby league player.
I didn't think that would go down too well with you. Lol

Yeha, that sounds sweet - when are the plans to move into the new stadium?

Hopefully 2010. It was meant to be 2000, at one point, so excuse my cynicism.

www.sthelensstadium.com has more info. In fact, why not support our new stadium whilst you're there?

Hey Matt I hate Wigan beyond all belief - but I still accept when they have a good player on their hands.

So, apart from Ashton on the Wigan side (who'll I'll be keeping an eye on with keen interest for obvious reasons), who are the danger men on both sides I need to learn about in the next week as to not look like a fool while I'm there?

Errr... *panics*

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! [/b]

Copycat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not thought about that yet Jeff. Probably Detroits to be honest.

Just over the road from the Town Hall. Just up the way from The Chipmunk. (That's the famous chippy I keep ranting on about)

I'm away for the next meeting at the JJB, it'll be the first game I've missed against Wigan for a decade. :(

Next season though, for sure.

I'd miss the derby games but I could cope for one season to watch Batley vs Wigan on a Thursday night. Just one season.

But do you find the derby as special these days Jeff? I don't know about you, but I find 4 matches a season takes the edge off the occasion?

Latest posts