• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stade Français home games any fun?

Nielsch

Bench Player
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
England
Bought a 5 euro ticket to see Stade Français - Castres this September since I'll be in Paris with my family that weekend. I'm going to the match by myself as it is an evening match and my 2 year old daughter has to be in bed by 7:30 pm or something. Just wondering if going alone to the Stade Charlety is any fun?

Free seating in the south corner. Not the best seats in the house but heck it was cheap. Website said 15 euros but when I got to the check-out it was only 5. Maybe an early bird discount or something. Kinda looking forward to it as I don't get a lot of chances to see professional rugby.

Charléty is a crappy stadium, stands feels empty and the pitch feels far away, no matter how full it is and how close you are. Unfortunately, it is not the best place to see rugby. The game itself should be good, though. Good thing to do if you have an evening for rugby.

Well I was all ready for this match when a couple of hours before kick-off my 2 year old daughter fell sick in the middle of a Paris metro. She threw up everything she had in her stomach, got a high fever, refused to drink anything and kinda stopped responding to anything. So instead of watching this match I was attending her in our hotel room. Not the evening I had hoped for.

Luckily the ticket only was 5 euros.

Latest posts