• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stand up comedians - who do you like or seen recently.

Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
Saw Omid Djalili last night. Haven't laughed so much in ages:lol:. Going to see Romesh Ranganathan next week.

Any other recommended comedians to see/avoid?

Well, if you like extremely offensive but extremely funny, you should watch Jim Jeffries.

As a South African, I'd recommend Trevor Noah, who's now hosting the daily show in the US. His stand up shows are brilliant (I just don't know how it would be percieved by an international audience).

Daniel Kitson is a perennial favourite of mine. He does little, if any stand up these days, but would recommend getting out to one of his shows. They tend to be more story driven. Some of his stand up is floating about on Y'tube.

Saw Omid Djalili last night. Haven't laughed so much in ages:lol:. Going to see Romesh Ranganathan next week.

Any other recommended comedians to see/avoid?

im seeing Romesh tomorrow! cant wait

- - - Updated - - -

As a South African, I'd recommend Trevor Noah, who's now hosting the daily show in the US. His stand up shows are brilliant (I just don't know how it would be percieved by an international audience).

he has been on tv in the Uk a few times, pretty funny

I'm not a big fan of Burr's stand up but think he's hilarious on podcasts and the such.
Same with Joe Rogan (though he's not as funny as Burr, by half).

I go back and forth with Joe Rogan. He's got some great moments from time to time but he just Doesn't flow like Burr on one of his Pod Cast rants.

- - - Updated - - -

I was surprised but the Nerdist Pod Cast actually have a lot of big name celebrities on there and are fun to listen too.

Mickey Flanagan lads. Seen him before live and also again next Oct he's brilliant.

Also Jimmy Carr. He's actually quick witted in live shows etc and not afraid to take **** out of himself.

Saw 2 lads from US show who's line is it anyway recently too that were good.

Anyone else use Live at Apollo as good way of seeing bew acts?

I'm not massively into standup to be honest. Was a big fan of Lee Evans a few years back, the only person I've really watched lately was Iliza Schlesinger. If you look at shows like Mock the Week I've found Ranganathan, Ed Gamble and the giner one whose name escapes me right now, all rather amusing. I like all of their rather dry, sarcastic delivery.

Side question what podcasts if any do you lot listen to?

Joe Rogan Experience is my main one, though I pick and choose depending on the guests and don't listen religiously.
Listened to a couple of Chael Sonnen, Joey Diaz and Bill Burr's, but that's only really when there's someone special on.
Beyond that I like the Yogpod/Tri-Force and Hat Chat
Been listening to Game Grumps "before the grumps" recently too

Saw Romesh last night. Yep I found him entertainly for the most part; only one or two parts I found hilarious.

Ardal O'Hanlon (Dougal from "Father Ted") would be one of my favourites... the Irish accent helps with the delivery!!

One of my faves from back the the 80's and 90s was Phil Cool. He was better at "rubber face" than Rowan Atkinson. His "face like a Morris Minor" had me in stitches as did
the "Owl Sketch"

The Welsh guy who hosts "Would You Lie to Me" is pretty damned funny as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts