• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Star Wars The Force Awakens

Yes and yes although I didn't see the former on the first run. The reimagined series of BSG is far far superior to the original however even if it was only exceptional for 2.5 seasons.

Rubbish the cylons in the original were much better

Caved and ordered tickets for 19:00 on release day. Fairly simple process, love Cineworld Unlimited means I never have to worry about money for tickets.

I MAX 3D tickets at my local Odeon on opening night. It's one of those special events so gone for the Gallery seats too. £24 each!

Good trailer, although people don't half over react to stuff.
Yeah trying to remember a bad trailer for episodes I, II and III (and they all got a similar reaction). Full disclosure I still maintain the second half of III is actually pretty damn good. However internet being internet usually makes it's mind up beforehand and only being utterly brilliant or really damning ever changes that.

For me it looks pretty damn good but the tone seams wrong for Star Wars, going too "dark and gritty" for Star Wars anyway which was never really there apart from some moments in the original (but a lot of fanboys insist there was). Still the trailer is there to convince adults to see the film not kids.

I liked Babylon 5, Although TBH Sci fi TV shows never help themselves they either start of slow or finished bizarrely mixed in with some crap calls by the TV company.

All seem to go one way or the other Firefly, Farscape, Stargate, Battlestar etc etc.
Babylon 5 was weird. Apart from a few good episodes, S1 was a pain to get through, but S2-4 was sublime, especially 4. Apparently a lot of stuff was brought forward into S4 from S5 in case the show got cancelled, so a lot of the best stuff was stripped from S5 and it was never that great.

Really looking forward to the movie reboot if it ever comes about. Babylon 5 looked dated even in comparison to the stuff around that time. A feature movie could be awesome.

Yeah trying to remember a bad trailer for episodes I, II and III (and they all got a similar reaction). Full disclosure I still maintain the second half of III is actually pretty damn good. However internet being internet usually makes it's mind up beforehand and only being utterly brilliant or really damning ever changes that.

For me it looks pretty damn good but the tone seams wrong for Star Wars, going too "dark and gritty" for Star Wars anyway which was never really there apart from some moments in the original (but a lot of fanboys insist there was). Still the trailer is there to convince adults to see the film not kids.

Find it so cringey that people have spent £100's on merc already and saying how such and such character is going to be amazing.

Mind you looking back at the Phantom menace script leaks and some of the reactions as said fanboys just love to go OTT.

www.aintitcool.com/node/2781

Babylon 5 was weird. Apart from a few good episodes, S1 was a pain to get through, but S2-4 was sublime, especially 4. Apparently a lot of stuff was brought forward into S4 from S5 in case the show got cancelled, so a lot of the best stuff was stripped from S5 and it was never that great.

Really looking forward to the movie reboot if it ever comes about. Babylon 5 looked dated even in comparison to the stuff around that time. A feature movie could be awesome.

Agree with that.

Edit: not a fan of the political aspect loads of people are trying to put on this, Why can't people just watch a film without trying to put a political point to it? (Unless it is a political film)

Last edited:
Just under a week now. Hyped

Main concern is I think Ridley's acting is going to be quite wooden judging by the trailers.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

The hyped for this is too high IMO. People acting like it is the best film ever already.

I'm hoping for a decent film, and work from there. Which a lot of people seem to think can't exist.

Fuking hope there isn't a a big romantic story line.

The hyped for this is too high IMO. People acting like it is the best film ever already.

I'm hoping for a decent film, and work from there. Which a lot of people seem to think can't exist.

Fuking hope there isn't a a big romantic story line.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be surprising if the film delivers on the hype. But hopefully it will be a good movie.

Caved and bought some tickets for tomorrow morning (10.10, earliest showing).
Going to be a tight squeeze to get to work after, but I don't want to risk any spoilers :lol:

There were still tickets to the midnight screening but I didn't fancy it.

Just watched the movie yesterday, it's good and very much Star Wars. It does a really good job of making you care about and like the new characters and I was surprised by how many good funny moments there were. Kylo Ren isn't as hardcore as Darth Vader, but I think they did a really great job of fleshing him out as a character and he reminded me of a character from Kotor but in a good way.

So Star Wars, it's good not great just don't go in expecting Empire. It's certainly better than the prequels and possibly on par with Jedi & ANH but not quite for me for spoilers reasons.

So Star Wars, it's good not great just don't go in expecting Empire. It's certainly better than the prequels and possibly on par with Jedi & ANH but not quite for me for spoilers reasons.

Agreed with this.

Hardcore fans will prob be split.

I don't rate Ridley as a actor.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it a lot - not the best one, as above, but still a very good film.

Without wanting to spoil anything, i was surprised how much certain characters were in it - i was expecting more a cameo rather than that.

Latest posts