Star Wars The Force Awakens

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
France
As far as i'm aware, tickets are being sold today for the movie across the world.
Just bought my 2x IMAX tickets.

Anyone else ?

Haven't bought mine yet...I'll be living in Germany when it launches so I need to sort an English theatre asap...

Cool man. Hope you get to see it. I've booked mine for the 17th December, a day before worldwide release.

What's wrong with being a "nurd" exactly?

Please I was a nerd before it was cool.

Well a secret nerd, Hipsters ruining everything.

what time and date have has everyone booked?

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother with seeing it right away.
I definitely will see it, and I'm really really looking forward to it, but I'll probably a week or two after when the crowds have died down.

I'm certainly in nerd before it was cool category I do computers for a living, LotR films helped my street cred no end ;) Seriously it actually did I've found the world a lot more accepting of geek culture since then. why it couldn't of happened when I was Star Trek loving fan boy at school I'll never know.

I've not booked yet, generally see everything on release day but cineworld tend to release more dates a week before so I'm in no big rush. Plus I've done the Star Wars fanboygasm before for episode III where I saw the first Leicester Square public showing I can give it a miss this time ;).

Please I was a nerd before it was cool.

Well a secret nerd, Hipsters ruining everything.

what time and date have has everyone booked?

I've booked for 11am 17th Dec, which will be 9am in the UK.

Did any of you lot see Return of the Jedi on its original UK release date back in the 80s?
I wasn't born (for another year) I can't be adjudged for things it was impossible for me to do.

I'm going to the 11:15 showing on December 17th.

Have seen all TLotR and Star wars films on release day not missing this one, BUT CBA trying to get a midnight ticket I tend to hate them anyway to late, and usually have to get a hotel so more money (If it wasn't Christmas time or in rugby season I might have tried)

Could never get into Star Trek really went to see a film to watch a stars wars trailer and that was about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Did any of you lot see Return of the Jedi on its original UK release date back in the 80s?

I watched the 1997 version in cinema to the fact I wasn't even born then (80's).

God damn some people are so old on here ;)

Last edited:
Could never get into Star Trek really went to see a film to watch a stars wars trailer and that was about it.
Star Trek is a pain because it's really hard to recommend how to get into it. I've been trying with my wife for 3 years now. The new movies are Star Trek for a Star Wars audience and the old movies only work if you know the show.

I've never been a TOS fan. TNG struggles greatly in the first few seasons as does DS9 I was lucky and picked up DS9 mid-way through it's run in ye olde days where it was difficult to start from the beginning of a show so I wasn't exposed the poorer episodes back then. however the show gets caught up in many-arcs later on and the early character development is important. Babylon 5 (similar show) suffers from an extremely poor first season equally but so many key moments happen it has to be watched. VOY is just flat out rubbish and enterprise never really grabbed me.

The problem is when TNG, B5 and DS9 were at their best they are some the most outstanding television from the late 80's/90's

I am a very late bloomer to Star Wars. Was introduced to it in the 2000's. But my word, it has changed my life. :)

Star Trek is a pain because it's really hard to recommend how to get into it. I've been trying with my wife for 3 years now. The new movies are Star Trek for a Star Wars audience and the old movies only work if you know the show.

I've never been a TOS fan. TNG struggles greatly in the first few seasons as does DS9 I was lucky and picked up DS9 mid-way through it's run in ye olde days where it was difficult to start from the beginning of a show so I wasn't exposed the poorer episodes back then. however the show gets caught up in many-arcs later on and the early character development is important. Babylon 5 (similar show) suffers from an extremely poor first season equally but so many key moments happen it has to be watched. VOY is just flat out rubbish and enterprise never really grabbed me.

The problem is when TNG, B5 and DS9 were at their best they are some the most outstanding television from the late 80's/90's

I liked Babylon 5, Although TBH Sci fi TV shows never help themselves they either start of slow or finished bizarrely mixed in with some crap calls by the TV company.

All seem to go one way or the other Firefly, Farscape, Stargate, Battlestar etc etc.

Anyone remember The original Battlestar Galacticer and the original series of Red Dwarf? No?

Rank amateurs
Yes and yes although I didn't see the former on the first run. The reimagined series of BSG is far far superior to the original however even if it was only exceptional for 2.5 seasons.

Latest posts