• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

STATE OF ORIGIN 1 - ANZ Stadium, Sydney, Wednesday

Paul Gallen is a filthy c***.

Referee Tony Archer was borderline acceptable.

Israel Folau should have been on the right wing, not the left.

Scott Prince should have been at #6, NOT K.HUNT!

Greg Bird played pretty damn well.

Craig Bellamy is a coaching god.

Hunt must move to the left wing, Folau to the right win, and Scott Prince has to come in to the team at 6. That means Tate will be dropped but **** happens.

*(my bad, double post)*

For a SOO game I have to admit, that was pretty mundane. There were more big hits in that game than you'll get in a Super 14 season, but the general play was not of a high standard, that was mostly thanks to Billy Slater!

The Maroons started too slowly, I doubt they will do that two weeks in a row and I expect the game in a fortnight to be a much tighter affair.

that game was not SOO standard
too many forced ball and errors
glad the blues got up
QLD need to wake up and smell the flowers or should i say FOLAU's on the wing they deserted all night
everytime he touched the ball QLD looked good - pity half of it was in defense

Blues executed the game they wanted so fair play to them. The Queensland boys will fired up now for the game at Lang Park. Billy might be lucky to hold on to fullback. If Lockyer is fit I think he will drop out of the side altogether, if not I'd move Hunt to 1 and put Slater on Tate's wing, with Prince coming in at 6.

Blues Played like the Storm and hence they won i was at the Game and the way they ran the ball and defended was excatly like the Storm

Belamy told them how to Stop Slater and Smith Simply Smash them thats all Slator did not want to run the ball up any more Which was great to yell at him about!!!

glad the blues got up
QLD need to wake up and smell the flowers or should i say FOLAU's on the wing they deserted all night
everytime he touched the ball QLD looked good - pity half of it was in defense [/b]

Bit hard when the NSW tactic was to kick on the Brent Tate half to Slater - But I agree, when he touched the ball he gained metres and never made one mistake.

Move Hunt to Fullback, Slater to Wing, Lockyer/Prince/Cronk/Inglis back in the halves!! Depends whos injured and what not. Get rid of Tate and Myles. Both sht cnts.

Pretty disapointing game by Qld, but you gotta hand it to NSW they played well under the supercoach and there defense was awesome, and Peter Wallace was awesome.

its funny, i think the 1st soo i watched in full was the 2003? i think at suncorp stadium, where they first played with sand on the pitch, and that guy got the staples in his head on tv... and its never been as good since. but this was a poor match. nothing really happened. there was no massive line breaks, apart from slaters from memory - and wasnt as much pressure that normally comes with it. but surely only a blip, and three weeks time going to be good.

That game reminded me why I don't like league....Yawn! [/b]
This isn't the thread to come and whinge about League ;) .

Anyway, onto business. NSW f***ING WON!!! Can't believe it, but we did! Bellamy obviously was the difference here, but I was really surprised at how little Qld had to offer in attack! They just had nothing!!!
Lets hope the boys can keep it going!

GO THE BLUES!!!

When is State of Origin II? I need to mark it down on my calender. I've only caught one SOO game in the last 3 years.

Also PJ Marsh needs to go. He's still a crap player. [/b]
The selectors need to pull their finger out and accept that theres nothing wrong with picking players from the ESL, therefore allowing them to pick SHAUN BERRIGAN!!!

Drop PJ Marsh for Berrigan and then we'll have a superstar utility who can cover 3,4,6,7,9 and be one of the best.

When is State of Origin II? I need to mark it down on my calender. I've only caught one SOO game in the last 3 years. [/b]

Wednesday 11 June.

glad the blues got up
everytime he touched the ball QLD looked good - pity half of it was in defense [/b]
Having a look at this post afting reading the post mortem on this game makes me think that rather than this being a bad game from Qld, it was just a superbly executed plan by a NSW team led by a very clever coach. Qld had the great players, but NSW had the great coach, and at this level the skills aren't that far apart, so it really became more a battle of brains. And since Mal doesn't have one...
:bleh!:

Latest posts