• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin 3, 2007

W

woosaah

I know the series is decided but this game is on this week.

what are your guys thoughts etc?

Go the Maroons again : )

I applaud you for the appropriate naming/setting out of the thread name this time round :p

Bowen comes into camp for injured Lillyman and is coming off the bench. It just means more fire power for the Maroons. I hope NSW are prepared to be embarrassed.

I read somewhere that Hazem El Masri has been called up to the Blues squad as cover for the wonderfully talented Jamie Lyons. Looks like the Blues dont want another whitewash.

MAROONS by 10.

go maroons! yeah matt bowen will score a try...

and thats true, its el masri's origin debut i believe?

luck called in as 18th man for queensland. costigan ruled out with a butterfly fracture on his hand (not acutally the bone itself but across the hand) dane carlaw the oringal 18th man is now promoted to the bench. should be a good game and hopefully the maroons can cut loose on nsw and get the whitewash

Woot woot! Remember last time Carlaw played in Origin 3? He scored that amazing palm off 30 or 40m try to clinch the game in the dying seconds of the match!

Carlaw really hasnt been the same since then... good to see him back though... also congrats to Luck. hes worked pretty hard for the warriors and its good to see that selectors dont forget you when you play for the warriors.

Although I want QLD to absolutely flog NSW, I would like to see El Masri play well. He has been waiting for years to play and has finally got the chance.

Great game! Probably the most thrilling of the series in fact and thank god El Masri got the chance to play! I'm a Roosters fan, but I've been begging for them to give this guy a chance for years and tonight he proved PRECISELY WHY HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YEARS!!! He did NOTHING wrong the whole game, saved two tries, scored 1 and kicked 3 convensions all from close to touch. The guy can never be overlooked again surely!

It was an amazing game. Hazem justified his place in the team with a great performance. You had to feel for QLD though, a 1 man bench for the majority of the game. QLD saved so many tries but they had to crack at some stage and they did in the last 7 minutes. My hat goes off to QLD for a gutsy performance, if the bench was full, QLD would have won. I also applaud NSW, especially Matt Cooper and Greg Bird who never stopped trying.

One of the best Origin games ever played.

Awesome game. Al Masri's a hero. I just hope Tate's not badly injured, as he's gonna tear it up for the Warriors next season!

Awesome game. Al Masri's a hero. I just hope Tate's not badly injured, as he's gonna tear it up for the Warriors next season! [/b]
Would it really matter if he's injured now? He doesn't start training with the Warriors for another 26 weeks or so.

i only caught the first half, was pretty impressed with the intensity and entertainment of that game. i'm not really a league fan but it made for some good watching.

it does matter if the injury is serious to tate..it could have long term effects on his playability and his welfare

last nights game was very good...really really solid!

steven price is the best prop in the rugby league at the moment..how does a forward,let alone a prop stay on the field that long in that intensity!!!...the man...a rugby league immortal one day?..hope so

good stuff to nsw they won the skirmish..the maroons won the war!

it does matter if the injury is serious to tate..it could have long term effects on his playability and his welfare

last nights game was very good...really really solid!

steven price is the best prop in the rugby league at the moment..how does a forward,let alone a prop stay on the field that long in that intensity!!!...the man...a rugby league immortal one day?..hope so

good stuff to nsw they won the skirmish..the maroons won the war! [/b]
I agree with everything you are saying about Price, however I'd like to see Webke in ahead of him though.

Definitely a great game last night, gutsy effort from the Queenslanders with the injuries and lack of full interchange bench - as the commentators said the game will come down to the last 20min to see if Q could keep up the defense, and unfortunately they finally cracked.

El MAsri has been overlooked too many times and great to see him get his shot, and yes he played well and kicked superbly.

Bird and Gidley were fantastic for NSW and i thought willie mason was outstanding.

The Queensland team can walk away with their heads held high after that match, id say there wasnt one Queenslander out there who didnt give his all and some....

Johnson coming back out for second half after concussion played fantastically and i think the count was 28 tackles within 30minutes of second half which is very high.

One of the great games.

Latest posts