• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

STATE OF ORIGIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hamster

JUST wondering what the fanbase of origin teams are here.

Me myself.. I'm a QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!! Born and Bred here! pretty confident going in this year. The team, especially our backline looks godlike but NSW have got some good players in them so we shouldnt rite them off yet. Go the Canetoads!

Who do you support?

go the queenslanders! I will be wearing my jersey that a bought last year when 2 of my mates came over for the second game in sydney.

NSW.

No real reason why, I just always find myself supporting them.

Queensland, simply because I have a habit of supporting **** teams and I started watching league when they went through that losing streak a few years back.

New South Wales!!
Shame we're in a bad patch right now... we had such a great start to this decade winning 4 of the first 6 series (one being drawn), but now Johns is gone (man that guy knew how to control a game...) and all the great playmakers are in Qld.
Could be another tough year, but you never know.
GO THE BLUES!!!

Queensland until I die.

For some reason, the topic started Hamster has a massive problem with this.

QUEENSLANDER!!!

Born here and love it! Queensland will dominate once again this year, though the NSW forward pack may cause some troubles, the QLD halves and back line will be too strong!

Teams will be named Tuesday. Some tough decisions for the Qld selectors. Slater or Hunt, Thurston and Prince, Thurston and Inglis.

As far as I'm concerned, the backline for QLD should be Thurston (7), Prince (6), Slater (5), Hodges (4), Folau (3), Inglis (2), Hunt (1), with Slater and Hunt swapping between wing and fullback, and Folau and Inglis swapping between wing and centre.

Its time Prince gets a go.

However, if they do choose Inglis to be shifted to 6, then who will come in to the team to cover the centre and wing that will be shared with Folau?

Never really watch it and don't really care who wins (although I prefer QLD) but for some reason everyone in NZ seems to go for Queensland.

Never really watch it and don't really care who wins (although I prefer QLD) but for some reason everyone in NZ seems to go for Queensland. [/b]
Yeah, apparently it's because people think of Qld as the underdogs (according to a kiwi mate of mine at least). Certainly not the case this year mind you... the Qld origin team would easily dispose of NZ and GB on their own with the talent they have at the moment... Doesn't bode well for the blues.

You never know with Origin and I think that Bellamy is a superior coach to Maninga, but it's hard to see a blues victory this year...

As far as I'm concerned, the backline for QLD should be Thurston (7), Prince (6), Slater (5), Hodges (4), Folau (3), Inglis (2), Hunt (1), with Slater and Hunt swapping between wing and fullback, and Folau and Inglis swapping between wing and centre.

Its time Prince gets a go.

However, if they do choose Inglis to be shifted to 6, then who will come in to the team to cover the centre and wing that will be shared with Folau?
[/b]

Halves should be Thurston and Prince. Centres Hodges and Falou. Wingers Inglis and Slater and Fullback Khunt. Interchange should be Darius Boyd. They cannot pick Brent Tate, hes terrible.

Forward pick speaks for itself but Thaiday should start definetly.

9 days till the big game, Queensland are strong favourites but I wouldnt be surprised if NSW pulled off a win.

Tate is certainly not terrible. Whats killing him is an utterly useless team to play off.

However in saying that, I certainly don't hold him in the esteem that I do of Folau, Inlgis and Hodges.

I sincerely hope that the selectors don't push Inglis or Hunt in to 6 and bring Tate in as a starting winger or centre. Its as simple as this...leave Folau, Inglis, Hunt, Slater and Hodges in the backline, with Thurston and Prince as the halves.

If this backline is not chosen, then the selectors have rocks in their heads.

I wonder who will be on the bench...so many candidates.
Will Boyd get a run? Or will they go for the experience of Tate?
How about PJ Marsh?
I'd say Nat Myles has one of the Interchange positions cemented already.

Anyway, the teams should be announced in a couple of hours so we'll just have to wait and see.

worst NSW team i have ever seen
i am of limits as a blue supporter - call me victorian or even a proud tasmanian
Hornby - OMG - someone direct me to the GAP

State of Origin 1 topic will be posted as soon as the Qld team is named.

Peter Wallace is NSW halfback! YEWWWWWWWW!

worst NSW team i have ever seen
[/b]
I second that.
Seriously, we're going to get so badly rolled with that team up against the freaks in Qld...
WTF were they thinking with halves? I mean, Bird and Wallace up against Thurston and Hunt? :wall:
Nothing will ever stop me from supporting the blues, but man this is gonna suck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts