• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stephen Donald at Bath

Weird. Jimmy Gopperth and Nick Evans are finding it **** easy there, so did Glen Jackson, so I'd have thought all our has been's would be tearing it up in a competition with as little skill and creativity as the Aviva Premiership, a competition that can't get a spot in a HCup SF, but a Scottish team can.

Let's not fish.

Must've struck a nerve...

Weird. Jimmy Gopperth and Nick Evans are finding it **** easy there, so did Glen Jackson, so I'd have thought all our has been's would be tearing it up in a competition with as little skill and creativity as the Aviva Premiership, a competition that can't get a spot in a HCup SF, but a Scottish team can.

Let's not fish.

Donald has been useless for Bath.

Well Ignacio Mieres is the real find of the season and he was behind five others, i.e. Hernández, Contepomi, Bosch, Fernández and Sánchez for the World Cup 10 shirt.

Mieres has been much better than Gopperth and Donald and most would say Evans too.

Interesting point about the no Aviva Premiership places in the Heineken Cup Semis. The Celts are wel known to field thir strongest teams for Heinekn Cup matches and weaker ones for the Rabo Direct Pro 12. It was evident in Cardiff, Ulster and Edinburgh all losing this past weekend. Edinburgh, btw, is second to last in the Pro 12.

The Aviva Premiership this season has been pretty good I´d say. Leicester are easily the best team. Really destoryed Northampton on Saturday. No lack of skill or creativity involced either. :rolleyes: One of the worst teams for this ahs been the Harlequins... with Evans at 10.

Donald has been useless for Bath.

Well Ignacio Mieres is the real find of the season and he was behind five others, i.e. Hernández, Contepomi, Bosch, Fernández and Sánchez for the World Cup 10 shirt.

Mieres has been much better than Gopperth and Donald and most would say Evans too.

Interesting point about the no Aviva Premiership places in the Heineken Cup Semis. The Celts are wel known to field thir strongest teams for Heinekn Cup matches and weaker ones for the Rabo Direct Pro 12. It was evident in Cardiff, Ulster and Edinburgh all losing this past weekend. Edinburgh, btw, is second to last in the Pro 12.

The Aviva Premiership this season has been pretty good I´d say. Leicester are easily the best team. Really destoryed Northampton on Saturday. No lack of skill or creativity involced either. :rolleyes: One of the worst teams for this ahs been the Harlequins... with Evans at 10.

Especially if your from Argentina.

Weird how Harlequins have won 16 of their last 20 matches and top the table. :rolleyes:

I understand how Edinburgh field a weaker team for the Rabo Direct Pro 12, I was winding Mite up, rather than being serious.

Wait, did I just see someone criticise Quins for a lack of skill and creativity? Really? Evans hasn't exactly been great for Quins this season, but is generally awesome for them. Gopperth is **** though, and I can't believe everyone rates him so highly. And Leicester have spent a lot of the season being dire.

The story on Donald runs that Bath were gambling really heavily on being able to get Carter, didn't, and found themselves having to throw a lot of money at any fly-half who'd have them; enter Stephen Donald. Since Bath has been a morass of ineptitude from beginning to end this season, I wouldn't blame any player as an individual; hopefully Donald will be able to stay fit and next season might be able to show some of his abilities, what with the rumours that Bath will get in a guy at the top who's actually there to coach instead of sit around.

Dont cut yourself up, he'll tell us Argentina were tge real world cup winners next week.

To be fair Mieres has been great this season. Who expected Chiefs to be in the top 4 coming in to the final two games of the season?
Mieres is a big part of that, and the Chiefs look a much stronger side with running the show than with Steenson. While it is his 2nd(?) season with them, it's his first as first choice.

Evans hasn't been as good as usual for large parts of this season, however he's been injured a fair amount. I don't think you can say Quins have been one of the worst this season when you look at Wasps, who after a good opening part have nose dived - or Falcons who after a poor most-of-season are looking slightly better with the new management.

Nick,

As good as Evans is this season he has not been great at all. Peat answered for me.......

Wait, did I just see someone criticise Quins for a lack of skill and creativity? Really? Evans hasn't exactly been great for Quins this season, but is generally awesome for them. Gopperth is **** though, and I can't believe everyone rates him so highly. And Leicester have spent a lot of the season being dire.

The story on Donald runs that Bath were gambling really heavily on being able to get Carter, didn't, and found themselves having to throw a lot of money at any fly-half who'd have them; enter Stephen Donald. Since Bath has been a morass of ineptitude from beginning to end this season, I wouldn't blame any player as an individual; hopefully Donald will be able to stay fit and next season might be able to show some of his abilities, what with the rumours that Bath will get in a guy at the top who's actually there to coach instead of sit around.

The Mite... Olyy answered for me...

Nick.... olyy also did.....

To be fair Mieres has been great this season. Who expected Chiefs to be in the top 4 coming in to the final two games of the season?
Mieres is a big part of that, and the Chiefs look a much stronger side with running the show than with Steenson. While it is his 2nd(?) season with them, it's his first as first choice.

Evans hasn't been as good as usual for large parts of this season, however he's been injured a fair amount. I don't think you can say Quins have been one of the worst this season when you look at Wasps, who after a good opening part have nose dived - or Falcons who after a poor most-of-season are looking slightly better with the new management.

About the Wasps.... so poor. Injuries aplenty but they have been horrible and could well lose to Newcastle and be relegated.

And Leicester have spent a lot of the season being dire.
True, but they had a lot of injuries, call-ups and form problems. A lot of the English internationals in Leicester rediscovered some of their form in the six nations (at least, I think, since I haven't seen too much of Leicester recently), and Leicester have been unstoppable since.

Donald's season never really got started. He may have won NZ the World Cup but before that his pre-season was made up of him fishing and drinking beer on the sofa watching the rugby on the TV. No wonder he has been crocked and/or out of form all season...

Donald's season never really got started. He may have won NZ the World Cup but before that his pre-season was made up of him fishing and drinking beer on the sofa watching the rugby on the TV. No wonder he has been crocked and/or out of form all season...

Woah woah woah, he did not win us the world cup.

Yes he did. All on his own. Nobody else had any influence. At all. Not a jot.

I should have written 'Won NZ the World Cup', there was some sarcasm intended there.

He's had a season and considering the money he's on he's been muck. I've seen him live a few times this year and once again been thoroughly unimpressed (most notably during the spanking we gave them earlier in the year.) He's been terrible.

Oh, because you've won so many World Cups. ********.

If so I wish to ask him. Are you sure you're any good cos we aren't.

If so I wish to ask him. Are you sure you're any good cos we aren't.
I am sure.......I am crap but lucky crap.. RWC winner medal, big contract with Bath and a week's holiday with he BaaBaa's and 15/20k in the bank for it.............who's laughing now!!!

Latest posts