TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Saturday, 9 April 17h05 (local time)

Okay, lets get this going early.

The most defensive team vs the most attack oriented team meet again but this time the Stormers are hosting the fixture and I am tempted to say I can't see the match-up be as close as it was last year with a 3 point margin in the Reds' favor. For me, I say Stormers by 10.

Questions; has the Reds prop been cited for his tip tackle and if so when can we expect a verdict. Also, I believe Rynhardt Elstadt has been injured but am not sure what the extent is and if he will be avilable for selection?

I can't wait as I will be attending (what with our other 'big' fixtures so far being away in Pretoria and Durban).

as a NZ supporter games like this are good because well one of them has to lose :p this game could see either the blues take 3rd spot or the crucaders take top spot or something similar depending on the results. best for NZ would be for the reds to win because the key for a NZ or AUS side to win the comp is to deny SA teams home playoffs because they enjoy the biggest advantage at home with their tricky timezone, high alt and big vocal crowds. Which is one of the driving forces behind the stormers great start to the season. I dont think they have had a single game outside SA yet and that should see them through this game again but the reds are a team that could very well get up and win it.

Reds will also be playing with a little bit more gusto as Hooker/Prop Albert Anae's father died this week so they will be looking to win for Albert, also most likely be wearing black arm bands.

I think the Reds will have to dig deep to be able to win this game against the defence of the Stormers. They Stormers showed that they can attack when it’s needed and their defensive lines won’t be broken down that easily. The reds will need to really apply themselves in the correct manner if they are to win this match.
<O:p</O:p
Stormers by 8 <O:p</O:p

Obvious winner for me is the Stormers buuuuut it depends if we can maintain our momentum ! Stormers will suffocate the reds who incidently is not the most attacking team in this years S15 , that ***le belongs to the Crusaders ! I will say Stormers by 8 cos its a home game and the stormers just look too good , one thing is for sure it will be another cracker !!

I am amused that the reds prop did not cop a ban for that tackle but hey we so use to it by now hey ! When will this unfairness end ? Sigh as a South African even I am getting tired of us complaining about the blatant one sideness of SANZAR. I blame SARU , they should take action.

I am amused that the reds prop did not cop a ban for that tackle but hey we so use to it by now hey ! When will this unfairness end ? Sigh as a South African even I am getting tired of us complaining about the blatant one sideness of SANZAR. I blame SARU , they should take action.

You do know that the judical that waved him off was a South African... Right?

I think it's kind of funny when the vast majority of South Africans claim conspiracy theories, when a lot of the citing of SA players is by South Africans, and punishments are handed out by South Africans, lol.

:lol: Absolutely right ... Bakkies was cited a couple of weeks ago, and escaped punishment, Jannie "next time i'll break your F*cking neck" Du Plessis wasn't even cited for what he did to David Pocock (who's still out with injury)

... such obvious bias TOWARDS South Africa by SANZAR cannot be allowed to continue :D

... watch this space! ... i'm investigating, and hoping to bring evidence of the SANZAR cover up of UFO sightings, and the framing of South African players in the JFK shooting :p

This "evidence" might take a while to assemble, so to fill the time, can I suggest maybe doing a little bit of investigation of your own, on what you can be cited for, who decides what the punishment is etc ... and maybe contemplate that players (yes, even the South African ones), get away with stuff from time to time

EDIT :- Oh, and I think the Stormers will be too strong at home for the Reds, so Stormers to win

Last edited:
Jannie Du Plessis: And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids! oh wait....

You do know that the judical that waved him off was a South African... Right?

I think it's kind of funny when the vast majority of South Africans claim conspiracy theories, when a lot of the citing of SA players is by South Africans, and punishments are handed out by South Africans, lol.

Correct that the point I was trying to make , hence me saying I blame SARU. We are much to lenient , Bakkies Botha was another case. I said at the time if it was a NZ/AUS panel he would have gotten at least 2 weeks !! Its not consistent enough for me.

I havn't heard anything on the injury front for either team so I am assuming that everyone is fit? If so that would be great as we could use Elstadt's athletecism against the Reds; he really does get through a lot of work for a large dude. Burger is back so Pieter Louw's injury is somewhat eliviated as Koster seems a good man to call on for the end stretch. We shouldn't get shoved around at scrum time so won't miss Liebenberg all that much. In fact, Deon Fourie might even be the better hooker to have facing the Reds with that extra bit of pace he brings to the forwards. TBH the only place where I feel we are at a disadvantage is in the wings where Habana might cost us a few and Poolman has yet to justify his inclusion (doesn't look for work and hasn't impressed with ball in hand- mind he has gotten 0 opportunities with any kind of space to work with).

Correct that the point I was trying to make , hence me saying I blame SARU. We are much to lenient , Bakkies Botha was another case. I said at the time if it was a NZ/AUS panel he would have gotten at least 2 weeks !! Its not consistent enough for me.

Fairs do, sorry I missed the point

Stormers should win this, the Reds form last year imo was based on their pack being able to compete for those couple of games, providing good ball for Genia/ Quade Cooper- I'm sorry, I have to ask, does anyone else love the way that Aussie commentators say his name?- where as this season they have obviously not done this

My apologies too for misunderstanding your point too Sparty ... don't know how stringent they are in South Africa, but i'd imagine it's the same as everywhere, some get punished, and some slip through the cracks

I'm not even going to comment on the fact that Slipper was not cited.

On the game, the Stormers are going to win, by far. I think the Reds are going to get thrashed. They have played some very weak teams, and their only convincing win was against the weakest team in the tournament. They beat the second weakest team by 5 points, and then the weakest Australian team, the Force, only lost to them by a point. They also lost to a really average Waratah outfit.

The Reds are now playing the best defensive team in the tournament, in Cape Town. The Stormers have some good momentum. Can't see them losing this at all. My prediction? 35-10 To the Stormers

35-10 ??? Thats a brave prediction Jer1cho !! I would say more like 29-21

Latest posts