Stransky's or Wilcos

• Stransky 1995 WC Final

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wilco 2003 WC Final

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

AndyMcNabFAN

This goes out to saintsfan who started the thread about Wilco's drop.

Lets vote to see whose drop was better. Bear in mind that Wilco's drop was the result of years of hard work and training. Also bear in mind that Stransky's drop was what won South Africa's first ever World Cup, IN their first ever World Cup. He brought together a nation with one kick. That drop is still honored today at Ellis Park where a ring is painted around the spot where Stransky dropped.

Yeah, but you see, Wilkinson was part of the best team ever, playing in the best game ever, beating the second best team of the time in their own back yard to put thge icing on the cake of the best World Cup, Ever.

The Bokke needed a drop goal to beat an all black side that was only at 30% because of food poisioning. In what was a rather scrappy game if memory serves me.

i picked wilkos goal, just cause i thought it was better.

still the best drop goal in my opinion....

ZINZAN BROOKE

yep from about 40m out against the boks :) that would be the best drop goal ever, will we ever see a no8 go for a drop goal again????

what a freak :)

the stranksy drop goal brought RSA together for a short few moments. after that, RSA rugby was plagued once more with racism. stransky's drop goal is very much like a hollywood sports movie. underdogs win via last minute miracle. whereas wilko's kick was a result of many many many yrs of hard hard work all culminating in that single moment. wilko's kick borught a country to its feet that hadnt won a world cup since 1966. but in all fairness, i think england was able to progress that fat beacuse it was one of the worst RWCs ever. the teams were very unbalanced at that time. so many injuries plagued the best sides.

Yeah, but you see, Wilkinson was part of the best team ever, playing in the best game ever, beating the second best team of the time in their own back yard to put thge icing on the cake of the best World Cup, Ever.

The Bokke needed a drop goal to beat an all black side that was only at 30% because of food poisioning. In what was a rather scrappy game if memory serves me.
[/b]

Ah this post just cracks me up, best team ever, food poisoning! :lol2tn:

Classic.

Speaking of injuries, Wilkinson hit the target after playing that game with a buggered shoulder. So Wilkinson > Stransky.

Speaking of injuries, Wilkinson hit the target after playing that game with a buggered shoulder. So Wilkinson > Stransky.
[/b]

Wilkinson is constantly injured, so what's your point? And you a drop with your leg(s) and feet.

i picked wilkos goal, just cause i thought it was better.

still the best drop goal in my opinion....

ZINZAN BROOKE

yep from about 40m out against the boks :) that would be the best drop goal ever, will we ever see a no8 go for a drop goal again????

what a freak :)
[/b]
I recall Larkham getting a monster in a test, 45m or so was it?

I saw Derick Hougaard kick a 62m drop goal at Loftus the other day. His 1st touch after returning from injury. It was magical.

hey McNab did you add the votes we've already done in the previous topic ?

Bull i agree with you : best team ever and food poisoning :) :) :) !!!!

btw this topic is not about the best drop ever, it's about the most important. and don't say its in the super 14 or what ever ... it can never be more important than the ones that gave the wc to sa or england !

Rob Andrews' was better in South Africa in 1995.
[/b]

Other than kicking Oz out of the '95 WC, this had little else effect on the comp as england were trampled by Jonah Lomu!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Wilkinson is constantly injured, so what's your point? And you a drop with your leg(s) and feet. [/b][/quote]

Considering he picked up the stinger earlier in that game (around 15 mins in) and shouldn't have stayed on the pitch, quite a lot as he fought through one tough ******* of a game while in crippling paing.

Oh, and have you ever played any sport with even a slight injury? Difficult, isn't it.

Other than kicking Oz out of the '95 WC, this had little else effect on the comp as england were trampled by Jonah Lomu! [/b]

So?

It was still sizeable and bloody good.

In terms of great rugby drop goals, Larkham's kick to sink the Boks in the '99 semi is probably not far off the other two. It was his first ever droppie, 40m + out, the rest is history. He has only ever kicked one other since that day.

Stransky.

Neither the Aussie team or the English team that played in the 2003 would've even come close to beating either the AB's or South Africa in 1995 - that game was just feriocous, Jonny wouldn't have lasted five minutes before having to be strechered off.

As well as that, as I said in the other topic Stranksy had more pressure. In terms of presurre to nail the kick it was even, but Stransky had a whole nation to please while Jonny had a small fanbase and a bunch of bandwagoners.

And the best team ever was the 1996-1997 All Blacks and the best game ever was either the 2000 BC test at the Olympic Stadium or the 2nd game of the 1996 Boks/AB's test series.

Add also the opposition had already taken drop goal attempts unsucessfully, so it was really a case of get yours over before they do, a bit more pressure for Stransky...

Latest posts