• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stuart Barnes squad of 30

S

Substitute

Forwards: Sheridan, Stevens, Vickery, White, Chuter, Regan, ***terrell, Shaw, Corry, Kay, Palmer, Rees, Dallaglio, Lund, Haskell, Worsley, Moody

Backs: Perry, Richards, Foden, Wilkinson, Flood, Catt, Farrell, Tait, Robinson, Sackey, Lewsey, Strettle, Cueto

+++++++++++++

What on earth is that?

Borthwick? I hear you say. I know. ***terrell, who has done nothing except sign for glos, ahead of Mears. And Farrell and Flood ahead of Barkley.

Let alone the severe lack of FBs (BA has said he won't consider Lewsey and Robbo in the position) and the fact that Farrell is supposedly the back-up OC.

Minus Borthers the forwards sem alright though.

And apologies if it's been posted before - I could't see it.

Borthwink - God knows

***terall > Mears - Superb call. That useless prick is one of the worst Hookers I've ever had the displeasure to witness since George Chuter.

And How on earth can you put Barkley ahead of Flood, even as a Bath fan? We all know because of Bath Nepotism he'll really go, but "come on"! Barkley even at his best (3 years ago) was only average.

Other annoynces include Vickery in for Brooks, Farrell in for Hipkiss, Horrible Italian c*** in for Forrester and Foden in for Hodgson.

and Julian White has ruled himself out of the RWC squad to concentrate on his farm and his young family. :(

and Julian White has ruled himself out of the RWC squad to concentrate on his farm and his young family. :( [/b]

Fortunately, Julian White waddles around the rugby pitch doing nothing these days.

Don't know why he is being made out as such a big loss, as long as players stay fit we have plenty of propping options.

Heaven forbid Webby we use up an coming players. No, no, no, no, no.... Grandads Army must be sent to France. Piffy at these young up and comers; the likes of Haskel, Freshwater and Sheridan aren't needed when we can use White, Vickery and a horrible Italian c***.

Whatever were you thinking!?!

maybe he's jealous because they're better than they were in his day! [/b]

'What the' and 'f***?' springs to mind.

Bath are rubbish compared to where they were during the 80s and early 90s. They used to be up with (and probably above) Leicester as the top side in the country. Now they suffer regular relegation scares.

<div class='quotemain'> maybe he's jealous because they're better than they were in his day! [/b]

Bath are rubbish compared to where they were during the 80s and early 90s. They used to be up with (and probably above) Leicester as the top side in the country. Now they suffer regular relegation scares.

[/b][/quote]

I hate to have to agree with Webby on this one Bath were probably the Strongest Team in European Rugby for Several years back in the 80's and 90's, somewhere something went wrong, we have lacked the ability to use the talent that we have.. Everyone has improved bar Bath, hopefully I will see things change in the next couple of seasons, but uncertainty has been the problem over the last couple of campaigns, with now Meehan involved we will see an improvement, with a couple of strong signings arriving after the world cup...
There are a couple of bright sparks at Bath, who could and most defiently will be England first teamer's, Ashton would of seen this when he spent time at Bath as head coach...

<div class='quotemain'> maybe he's jealous because they're better than they were in his day! [/b]

[/b][/quote]

We used to be so far above Leicester and the rest of the country that it would take them a millenia to climb to our heights. Fortunatly for them professionalism came along and levelled us.

I honestly find the story of Bath quite a sad one - I was only very young at the end of the glory days. What I can't understand where we went so wrong. And the every time we have another go at glory we lose in the bloody final! :wall:

I'd hope for improvement next season but I don't think it's that cut and dry. No doubt are squad will be better next season but it's still a bit thin on the ground and there are areas without sufficient talent. Most obviously the wings where we have 3 regular wingers. Another season of bleedin centres on the wing concerns me. I am, however, pleased that Meehan has found his feet. The fact that he was linked to Northampton at least says he's arived as a coach. I think he has the potential to get this backline firing and to be a good head coach - he has learnt from some of the best.

My concern is Mark Bakewell Tart and the forwards. We, on paper, have one of the meanest, biggest packs. Our depth though means this is wiped out whenever we get an injury (which we sem to get a lot of - I kno for a fact most Bath players don't use Creatin). Plus one of the most fearsome scrums has, since we lost the incredibly talented Foley, crumbled. We were the worst scrum last season, and you can't blame that on the youngsters alone.

But there is talent (Abendanon, Cozens, Bananaman - if he ever gets the chance) and I think in a few years with some astute moves, particurly in the forwards, Bath could realistically be up there challenging again. That is, of course, if we can loody win away from home.

Latest posts