Stupidest game ever

Discussion in 'Rugby Video Games & Apps' started by Canadian_Rugger, Jun 20, 2005.

1. http://www.easports.com/articles/afl.jsp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Lol stupidest thing ever and they won't give Rugby a decent run yet they give AFL a f***ing game!!!! What a joke

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Inertia

Inertia Guest

i've got an AFL video game by codemasters or something on the pc. it's completely ****.

4. Wally

Wally Guest

What the f*** is Arena Football?

5. Wally

Wally Guest

Couldn't the Australian Football League sue?

6. Geoff

Geoff Guest

Arena Football is gridiron inside a hockey rink, but with turf down. It's very funny looking because the field is only 50 or so yards long and 25 yards wide. Also, there is netting on either side of the posts so that if you miss a field goal it is always back in play.

7. ALLBLACKS

ALLBLACKS Guest

lol i watcha bit of it.......touchdown every play lol.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Sounds ****.

And the video hardly excites.

9. its like the sevens of rugby..ive seen abit of it and they score like 50-60 points each

and they still wear pads

10. oh don't compare that to sevens rugby its ridiculous. Its the biggest pile of commercialized crap in the US and its prolly the biggest joke in American Sport. Its like WWF of football [​IMG]

11. Wally

Wally Guest

Does it have its own league?

12. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Obviously it does

Hence the name Arena Football League...

13. Wally

Wally Guest

I thought that's just what they called the game. To sound cool.

14. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Either Way - I dont see what people have against Arena Football - its faster and more exciting than the NFL or NCAA, sure, it may not have the big name players, but it did produce Kurt Warner so it cant be that bad.

15. Wally

Wally Guest

Wouldn't it just be for those who can't cut the NFL after college?

16. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Preety much. But than again, like I said that cant be all bad.

Plenty of great players have gone undrafted and have had to work their way back up through things like NFL Europe and Arena Football. Kurt Warner was spent his days stacking shelves at some supermarket while playing Arena Football one year - than the next lead the mighty St Louis Rams to a Superbowl victory - smashing records left, right and centre.

17. if i want to watch fast football I'll watch CFL, Arena Football is no more then a money making sideshow! Its worse then the XFL in my opinion.

18. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Nothing wrong with the XFL... Apart from the fact Tommy Maddox was the MVP...

CFL... Only seen snippets of it, its ok enough I guess, but its no Arena Football

19. sanzar

sanzar Guest

Arena Football aye? I personally think NFL is slow and boring so I might enjoy this [​IMG] [​IMG] ... I'll watch it if it's on Foxtel anyway.

Either way though, the main problem with all these sports is that, well, they're not Rugby [​IMG]

20. kaftka

kaftka Guest

Yeah, but think of it this way, how well would it be turned into a game. Because Madden isn't for everyone.

What I gather so far is that its a faster, simpler version of American football. Played in the arena.

Sounds good from a video game perspective.

21. well there is one played in the ghetto and its called nfl street

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!