• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stupidest game ever

C

Canadian_Rugger

http://www.easports.com/articles/afl.jsp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hard-hitting AFL Gets Its Own Video Game
for the First Time Ever
6.10.05 -- The speed, the scoring, the spectacle -- all the great aspects of Arena Football will finally come alive on video game consoles everywhere as EA SPORTSâ"¢ has announced plans to release EA SPORTS Arena Footballâ"¢ in February of 2006.

Anyone that follows Arena Football has experienced the shootout nature of the game, from absurdly high scores to big hits into the side walls of the field to the throwback nature of players going both ways. This is a different type of football, focusing on speed, quickness and innovation, while operating on levels both big and small: tighter playing fields than traditional football, with larger celebrations and spectacles at each contest.

From the opening game of the regular season to the ArenaBowl championship, EA SPORTS Arena Football will bring you the complete experience. Strap on your helmets and get ready for a new brand of football, and make sure you're ready for a lot of fireworks, because this is non-stop high-scoring football at its finest. Check out the video below for more![/b]

Lol stupidest thing ever and they won't give Rugby a decent run yet they give AFL a f***ing game!!!! What a joke

i've got an AFL video game by codemasters or something on the pc. it's completely ****.

Arena Football is gridiron inside a hockey rink, but with turf down. It's very funny looking because the field is only 50 or so yards long and 25 yards wide. Also, there is netting on either side of the posts so that if you miss a field goal it is always back in play.

its like the sevens of rugby..ive seen abit of it and they score like 50-60 points each

and they still wear pads

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 21 2005, 02:12 PM
its like the sevens of rugby..ive seen abit of it and they score like 50-60 points each

and they still wear pads
oh don't compare that to sevens rugby its ridiculous. Its the biggest pile of commercialized crap in the US and its prolly the biggest joke in American Sport. Its like WWF of football
<

Either Way - I dont see what people have against Arena Football - its faster and more exciting than the NFL or NCAA, sure, it may not have the big name players, but it did produce Kurt Warner so it cant be that bad.

Preety much. But than again, like I said that cant be all bad.

Plenty of great players have gone undrafted and have had to work their way back up through things like NFL Europe and Arena Football. Kurt Warner was spent his days stacking shelves at some supermarket while playing Arena Football one year - than the next lead the mighty St Louis Rams to a Superbowl victory - smashing records left, right and centre.

if i want to watch fast football I'll watch CFL, Arena Football is no more then a money making sideshow! Its worse then the XFL in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with the XFL... Apart from the fact Tommy Maddox was the MVP...

CFL... Only seen snippets of it, its ok enough I guess, but its no Arena Football

Arena Football aye? I personally think NFL is slow and boring so I might enjoy this
<
<
... I'll watch it if it's on Foxtel anyway.

Either way though, the main problem with all these sports is that, well, they're not Rugby
<

Yeah, but think of it this way, how well would it be turned into a game. Because Madden isn't for everyone.

What I gather so far is that its a faster, simpler version of American football. Played in the arena.

Sounds good from a video game perspective.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jun 22 2005, 09:11 PM
What I gather so far is that its a faster, simpler version of American football. Played in the arena.
well there is one played in the ghetto and its called nfl street

Latest posts