• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Succecsful or not succescsful creations

S

Saint N Sinner

Have any of you created a famous player and thought it was spot on?

or just plain awful, then share them, id be more than happy to see your little creations, i will post some when i get the chance.

I have made a few people, Sheridan and ***terall for example, and when I've closed the game and started agian - they aren't there! I saved in MY RUGBY ok, but they've disapperared - twice!?

I can't imagine it's possible to make someone to look accurate with their crappy system, tho the stats wont be a problem

i think u have to save ur profile also and ur rosters? not sure if ur doing that tho

Had the same problem. Created the players, saved my Profile, then next time I played it they wern't there, and the lineups I had corrected were back to defult.

I learnt (the hard way), that before you turn the game off (after obviosuly making your changes and creations) that you must actually save in "ROSTERS". It isn't that straight forward, because after you have created a player, you go into the save menu and the first option that pops up is, Save Profile, and naturally clicking Save in that menu you assume that it is in fact just that [saved]. But (for a Ps2 anyway) you must click R1 to goto the "Rosters" saving area. So do that.

Anyway, creations aye.

I have done a couple, just to make the rosters accurate. I created Jimmy Gopperth for the Hurricanes (because he's not there), except due to "J.Gopperth" being too long a name for the game, I made it, "J.Goperth", so that works, and I don't mind too much. Looks good, and gave him a pretty wide neck (too give him more of his Sqaure Sholders look, aka Sponge Bob Square Pants). And I made his stats accurate to real life, not a superstar or anything, but about 2 or 3 points of a better kicker (for goal) than Ricky Flutey. I added him by replacing Gopperth (or should I say, Goperth) with Bobo, who is no longer with the 'Canes but still in their roster.

I also created James Ryan for the Highlanders, and took out a player who was no longer in the squad (I forget who off hand).

Also created Kevin O'Neill for the Crusaders, replacing Bryce Williams.

Also created Anesi for the Cheifs, replacing Roger Randle.

+ I added Delasau (Fijian) to the Crusaders, and replacing Vunibaka.

So yup.

Your stories? Any other majors needed to be added?

Jamie Gough

u replaced roger randle why? lol

in rugby 2004 he was faster than howlett and every 1 except for caucau and ohata

My attempt at Nick Beal.

I don't like the player creator...
<

post-51-1111390733.jpg

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Mar 21 2005, 03:17 PM
u replaced roger randle why? lol

in rugby 2004 he was faster than howlett and every 1 except for caucau and ohata
Because he isn't a member of the Cheifs squad. It's cheating using him
<

Jamie Gough

You can save the roster once you have placed the created player into a team, and then save your profile aswell.

Nice attempt at Bealer, maybe a young version of him hehe.

Like larry, you can tell he is quite young because is chin is so small.

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Mar 21 2005, 09:46 PM
its not cheating if hes in the game
Hehe thats true.

I like to stick to the current rosters tho, it's good fun playing actual Super 12 teams of the season. I just like the realism aspect I guess.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 21 2005, 08:36 AM
My attempt at Nick Beal.

<

post-51-1111390733.jpg
Lol, was this Bealer's much forgotten ginger phase?
<

Good try though, I don't like the editor much either. I managed to make myself look like a skinny front row forward
<

Thinking of creating all the players for the '73 Lions team. Anyone want to help me out, just posting up the details for any player you make.

i did keith wood and jonah lomu... jonah came out okay but keith wasnt fat enough.
<

ill post a pic of jonah soon

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 22 2005, 01:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 22 2005, 01:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Mar 21 2005, 08:36 AM
My attempt at Nick Beal.

<

post-51-1111390733.jpg
Lol, was this Bealer's much forgotten ginger phase?
<

Good try though, I don't like the editor much either. I managed to make myself look like a skinny front row forward
<
[/b]
It didn't look Ginger when it was in the create mode though, just light brown...
<

Hmm, I know what you mean Teh Mite, when I was trying to create James Ryan (a new Lock this season, with red hair, that starts for the Highlanders) it didn't look like there was any option to create a "fanta pants" player. Looks more ginga on the pitch tho than in the creator menu. Which makes me feel like I've created a more accurate model.

None the less... I still can't believe a game would be made where the "Create Player" feature consists of the option to pick 4 body types as your sole way to choose the size of a player. I would have assumed they would have employed the height and weight options that pretty much every other sports game has - with the better ones then adding a fat and muscle and shape option to boot. It isn't an outstanding innovation, I thought it was in such common use because it worked well?

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 22 2005, 06:45 PM
I tried creating Lomu. Is it just me or is there no 'bald' hairstyle option?
It's just you
<

I'm sure that the first option for hair style is bald. (Or perhaps a number 1).

In the case that it is a number one then perhaps you should change Lomu's hair colour to brown (instad of black) and it might make him look a bit 'balder', seeing as it would match his skin.

Jamie Gough

Yes I know, the second from left is a very short cut, but you can still see the fuzzy edges. No big deal, just a bit strange. What about when you try and create say, Keith Wood? Blonde hair? Don't know how well that'd work.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Mar 22 2005, 09:19 PM
Yes I know, the second from left is a very short cut, but you can still see the fuzzy edges. No big deal, just a bit strange. What about when you try and create say, Keith Wood? Blonde hair? Don't know how well that'd work.
Hmm thats crazy.

When I had a quick look thru I thought there was a bald one, but I didn't pay too much attention so you're probably right.

God, I can't believe it! Why would they not have a bald hair style??

Crazy.

Great game, but it's just these silly little things that just get annoying.

They need to get some proper testers me thinks.

Jamie Gough

Latest posts