• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestion for the Forum

• Thread starter jonathanumpherville
  • Start date
J

jonathanumpherville

Something I suggested to O'Rothlain a few minutes ago on MSN messenger, he suggested I post it here and see what you folks think. A Memorabilia forum or sub-forum on the community for collectibles, old jerseys, classic games, things of that nature. I figure it would be useful for people looking to sell anything they own or people to search for something they've been looking for. I got the idea today after posting in the New Zealand sub-forum of the International forum about the old school white collared jersey I've been looking for a few months.

Anyhow, just an Idea.

It could work, maybe a topic though, sort of like a trading post where members can list things they are looking for and things they want to sell. And if users are interested or have the product someone is searching for they can arrange the sale via PM?

The Private Message thing would work but I think one single topic for the whole thing would be a bit messy and very unorganized, people posting replies and getting off topic (which is bound to happen if someone posts something and folks start to talk about it) posts getting lost in the masses of off topic replies. It would also be harder for folks to search through and find what they're looking for. I say if it were to be done, a simple sub-forum with a mod in charge would be the best. Also a disclaimer that you know, the forum and it's staff cannot be held responsible for any deals made etc etc.

Again, just an idea I had. I've been at other message boards with similar forums for collectibles and other things.

EDIT: Also a sticky thread with the URL's to e-tailors that sell rugby kits/jerseys, gear, balls, scarfs and all other things related to the sport. Basically a hub for "You want to buy merch, search here."

The Private Message thing would work but I think one single topic for the whole thing would be a bit messy and very unorganized, people posting replies and getting off topic (which is bound to happen if someone posts something and folks start to talk about it) posts getting lost in the masses of off topic replies. It would also be harder for folks to search through and find what they're looking for. I say if it were to be done, a simple sub-forum with a mod in charge would be the best. Also a disclaimer that you know, the forum and it's staff cannot be held responsible for any deals made etc etc.[/b]
A simple rule at the opening posts saying off topic posts of 'chat' will not be tolerated will surely solve that. As for the sub forum, I am hesitant how practical an entire sub forum would be. There doesn't seem to be many people wanting to sell kits etc. around the forum so I am not positive how high the demand is.

There doesn't seem to be many people wanting to sell kits etc. around the forum so I am not positive how high the demand is.
[/b]

When I was talking about the kits, I meant people looking for things on the net and others helping them find e-tailors websites. I know a few people have linked me to sites that I wasn't aware of where I've been able to order jerseys I was looking for.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Please continue to discuss this amongst yourselves before I feed back to you.

Well I think I've explained my best in what I think would be cool for the forum, a general "All things Rugby that may be purchased" forum for people to sell anything they might want to sell and a general place for all the forum members to help others find anything they may be looking for.

I know other guys are viewing this thread so why not share an opinion, even if you don't like the idea, say so. It helps the admins out on making a decision I'm sure.