• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Plans?

G

goranski

just wondering what everyone else is doing this summer if anything different - personally, I've currently got two options:

Plan A - Scrape together enough money to go to Britain and visit London, possibly convincing a friend or two to come along

Plan B - Scrape together enough money with my roommate, rent a car or convince other friend to come along and take his car and pay for all the gas to roadtrip to Florida

so what's everybody else up to - SSF, others and even SMFs where are you haulin yourselves in the minivan to this time ?

Why not try France for the World Cup in September?

Head to the South of France, a little cheaper than the UK (even with the increased prices due to the schmucks from Northampton who'll pay anything so long as it has alcohol in it) and you can soak in the atmosphere of the world rugby jamboree!

Heck, we could even meet up and watch the England vs USA match on a big screen somewhere.

that'd be cool - i'll probably be starting a new job or internship before the fall though - but if nothing comes through for me that's another possibility

At the moment it looks like I'll be working...yes, that's right, working this summer.
Sad%20face.jpg

surely the odd weekend excursion seems to be in order for you, O'Rothlain - you can always head down to the "lake" on the other hand just tell your pub you need to go on a fact-finding mission to Europe to taste the latest brews

unfortunately, while the pub wouldn't have a problem with that, my full time job would.
I've never been to the lake...but tommorow at 5am I'm headed to lovely Cape Girardeou for a sales presentation. Good times! (sarcasm)

I hate being a grownup.

Summer doesn't start for another 7 months here...infact it only finished 7 or 8 weeks ago!

Summer doesn't start for another 7 months here...infact it only finished 7 or 8 weeks ago!
[/b]

Migrate then!
Be at one with the birds.

I'm working this summer, got ne pas de l'argent to take me anywhere further than the beach.

[/b]
As a Rabbitohs fan, do you live in Sydney? If so, what are summers there like?

Cheap college student week in newquay for me and few mates in a caravan.

Not sure how it'll go being 17 and all, they sound pretty strict down there on the whole club scene.

BM

Been thinking recently about trying to get a job at one of those summer sports camps. Coached kids recently and enjoyed it, could be a good opportunity to travel and gain more qualifications.

Anyone been on one? Or can any Americans fill me in on the sort of places they take place, the US seems to be the main place for them.

Yeah, i tried applying for Camp America a few weeks ago, but i was already too late to go for this summer. I didn't think March would have been too late, but evidently it was.
It sounds like a really good idea, and one of my flat mates from uni does it all the time now.
But he's a ******** and i don't speak to him...

don't know too much about summer sports camps, but would recommend the ones in California - they have a bunch, plus I hear Lake Tahoe is probably one of the best, spectacular scenery, mountains plus great if you're into water sports

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
As a Rabbitohs fan, do you live in Sydney? If so, what are summers there like? [/b][/quote]
Apart from the Rabbitohs, another 8 teams come from Sydney lol. But anyway, to the question you asked...The summers are mostly quite warm, every now and then you might have a below average day, and above average days are about the same. The average in summer is between 74 and 86 degees fahrenheit. However the temperature has been known to go as high as 108 degrees fahrenheit out in the west of Sydney...100 is common out there in summer.

All in all, Sydney as a whole in summer has a lovely climate.

Yes, yes, quite true. I'd say so too if I knew so many people who did the same to me as him.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
As a Rabbitohs fan, do you live in Sydney? If so, what are summers there like? [/b][/quote]
Apart from the Rabbitohs, another 8 teams come from Sydney lol. But anyway, to the question you asked...The summers are mostly quite warm, every now and then you might have a below average day, and above average days are about the same. The average in summer is between 74 and 86 degees fahrenheit. However the temperature has been known to go as high as 108 degrees fahrenheit out in the west of Sydney...100 is common out there in summer.

All in all, Sydney as a whole in summer has a lovely climate.
[/b][/quote]
What about the beaches? Full of beautiful sand, beautiful water, beautiful sun and beautiful women? I've heard Bondi beach is great.

What about the beaches? Full of beautiful sand, beautiful water, beautiful sun and beautiful women? I've heard Bondi beach is great. [/b]
Mate, that is pretty much correct!

Just don't go there during riot season, or else the innocent Lebanese gangs will stab you.

Latest posts