• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Cheetahs - Crusaders in Bloemfontein (14-05-2011)

TRF Wars II: Attack of the WUMs

The after match reports I have read say that the Crusaders have got a couple more injured players, it might be painful, but could somone find/ type up a list of all the injured players?

I wonder what Brussouw was injured with, its starting to become a habit now, at this rate his career is going to start stalling :(

Coenie Oosthuizen is now my favourite SA player, when he chased that up and under... :D

About what though? My teams winning this year :)

You mean winning the Australian conference, which is easily the weakest.

Interesting thought, I wonder where the reds would be if they were in the NZ conference... obviously behind the Crusaders, no chance against the Blues with Toeava and Kaino fit, most likely behind the Highlanders and the Chiefs and Hurricanes would give them a good run for their money. I will be generous and say the Reds would be fourth in the New Zealand conference on par with the chiefs, incidentally home of the Reds best player.

Last edited:
Well done on the Cheetahs.

Proir to the game quite a lot of Kiwis were putting down the Reds victory over the Blues... Saying that the Crusaders would roll both the Reds and the Blues...

Seems the Saders forgot they have to beat the team in front of the them.

Lets hope this loss will make the Saders fans act with more humility.

By the way. Any Cheetahs fans know what the crowd attendance was? Looked like a good crowd showed up.

Well done on the Cheetahs.

Proir to the game quite a lot of Kiwis were putting down the Reds victory over the Blues... Saying that the Crusaders would roll both the Reds and the Blues...

Seems the Saders forgot they have to beat the team in front of the them.

Lets hope this loss will make the Saders fans act with more humility.
Don't think so man, it was injuries and a fired up Cheetahs team that did it.

Who cares about crowd attendance, please don't start that crap here

I hear some Kiwi ass kissing again ;)

The Australian conference might be weaker than the SA and NZ conference but the Chiefs, Highlanders and Hurricanes are as weak as the Waratahs, Force, Brumbies and Cheetahs in general. This season the Highlanders are performing better than ever but I don't see them turning into serious contenders. At this stage there are 5 teams who are better than the rest. Stormers, Crusaders, Blues, Reds and Sharks.

It's getting a bit boring to see people praising NZ rugby like it's from a different planet. Sure, they have strong teams, huge depth for the national squad but saying a team like the Reds would suck in the NZ conference is just total BS

TRF Wars II: Attack of the WUMs

The after match reports I have read say that the Crusaders have got a couple more injured players, it might be painful, but could somone find/ type up a list of all the injured players?

I wonder what Brussouw was injured with, its starting to become a habit now, at this rate his career is going to start stalling :(

Coenie Oosthuizen is now my favourite SA player, when he chased that up and under... :D

Here is a list of all injured NZ players (42 in all) before this weekends games. Obviously Carter and McCaw are no longer on the Crusaders injury list (or Weepu on the Canes list). I didn't watch the Crusaders game so don't know who else is added to the Crusaders list, though I saw that SBW came off at half time.

Coenie Oosthuizen has impressed me all season with his mobility. Amazingly, he's among the leaders in 'pilfers' despite being a prop! His only major flaw is that he gets penalized a huge amount at scrum time (I think he's the most penalized player in the tournament). If he sorts out his scrummaging issue (which I believe he will, as he is still very young, and certainly has the required size) he is going to be a pretty incredible player.

You mean winning the Australian conference, which is easily the weakest.

Interesting thought, I wonder where the reds would be if they were in the NZ conference... obviously behind the Crusaders, no chance against the Blues with Toeava and Kaino fit, most likely behind the Highlanders and the Chiefs and Hurricanes would give them a good run for their money. I will be generous and say the Reds would be fourth in the New Zealand conference on par with the chiefs, incidentally home of the Reds best player.
Cause that's why the Reds are at the top of the table...

Don't think so man, it was injuries and a fired up Cheetahs team that did it.

Who cares about crowd attendance, please don't start that crap here

I think crowd attendance is very important.

It's getting a bit boring to see people praising NZ rugby like it's from a different planet.

Yes.. And most of the praise is coming from Kiwis...

When kiwi fans continually show this sort of casual arrogance about their teams, they also continue to be mystified about why other nations gloat when they lose another RWC.

I think crowd attendance is very important.

Thanks dude.. I have a thread set up with all the crowd attendance from most of the Rugby competitions for the past 2 seasons.

Also it was good to find those Italian Ecczalenza Crowds stats here in TRF posted by a fellow rugby fan from Italy.

Are you really from the Netherlands?

Ditto,
I had a look on the Super XV and the Cheetahs websites but neither show crowd attendances

The super XV site never shows the crowd attendance.

The cheetahs crowd attendance was usually recorded by the SARU website.... But around Round 7 or 8 they stopped counting the Cheetahs crowds... which was sad, since the Cheetahs were averaging around 20K.

NZ are definitely the strongest conference in terms of depth. SA and AUS are fairly close this season, but currently SA look slightly stronger.

All 3 conferences are tough though, and each one has 2 very strong teams. This new system is working fine and will ensure the best teams make the finals.

So far this season when it comes to inter-conference games here are the (approx) winning %'s.

NZ: 65%
SA: 45%
AUS: 40%

Latest posts