• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

super 15 on usa tv?

loosehead3

Academy Player
last year we got it on direct tv.when i contacted them they didn`t seem to know if they will have it or not.anybody have any clues?

Applied to a load of colleges in America, this makes me very happy :lol:

Applied to a load of colleges in America, this makes me very happy :lol:
which ones dude? and what are you planning on studying?

Also, I'm glad to hear this too, I don't have direcTV but I'm sure some places nearby will be able to show the game late Saturday night

which ones dude? and what are you planning on studying?

Also, I'm glad to hear this too, I don't have direcTV but I'm sure some places nearby will be able to show the game late Saturday night

Over half the Ivy league, Duke, Amherst and Stanford... I obviously like to keep low expectations :lol:

I'm looking to join a team if I do go over to the US, how's your experience of rugby in America been? I've heard it's growing pretty rapidly

How about you?

Over half the Ivy league, Duke, Amherst and Stanford... I obviously like to keep low expectations :lol:

I'm looking to join a team if I do go over to the US, how's your experience of rugby in America been? I've heard it's growing pretty rapidly

How about you?

I go to California-Davis. I was playing on the Rugby team for like 3 months but then I got sick for a few weeks and when I went home for break we learned we couldn't afford it, so I had to quit the team. Most of the collegiate teams are funded purely by player fundraising and dues, and community donations. We had a benefactor or two, like the daughter of the captain of the 1924 Olympic Gold Medal Men's Rugby Team, who just recently passed away. Most major schools have a team, but they're varying levels of seriousness. In the USA, Rugby is at the stage where if you want to find a team nearby, you can, but it's not nearly as built as other nations' programs.

Fair enough, a friend of mine captained the Duke rugby team and said it takes quite a bit of effort to keep the teams together, they don't really seem to have their own momentum yet.

Got an uncle who lives around there, nice area. What rugby coverage do you get in America? I wouldn't have thought there's much apart from the World Cup?

Fair enough, a friend of mine captained the Duke rugby team and said it takes quite a bit of effort to keep the teams together, they don't really seem to have their own momentum yet.

Got an uncle who lives around there, nice area. What rugby coverage do you get in America? I wouldn't have thought there's much apart from the World Cup?

Very little from the world cup, and most of it on tape delay. You also need a certain cable provider to get a few of the channels. To get all the world cup stuff you had to pay like $125 dollars or something ridiculous. I'm sure the next one will be better.

However, if you get the right package, you should be able to watch a decent amount. And it's normally not too hard to find a bar that will show some.

last year we got it on direct tv.when i contacted them they didn`t seem to know if they will have it or not.anybody have any clues?
I watched the first 2 games of this years' tournament online at http://livetv.ru/en/allupcomingsports. It is free and the quality is quite good. There are a lot of dodgy websites that claim to broadcast sports online... they often take your money and offer a very poor service. This one is free and quite good quality video.

So, Collegiate Rugby as well as Men's Club Rugby is strong and continually growing in America. I started playing while in college in '99. I coached the University of Central Oklahoma for a few years (2007-2010). You can definitely find a club pretty much anywhere you land here in the US. Colleges/Universities provide very minimal funding towards Rugby as it's viewed as a club sport. It's very much relied on the players to pay their dues and any sponsorship the club can dig up. Let me know what college you end up going to. Rugby is stronger on the east coast (north) and the Pacific West. I'm in Arizona (Phoenix area) right now and it's really strong out here.
As far as viewing Rugby there is FOX Soccer Plus, BBC America is showing 1 match a week of the 6 Nations, and then Directv is going to show the Super Rugby.
For me that's not good enough so I am a member of a site which I cannot really mention on here do to the nature of possible copyright infringement (wink wink). I download absolutely every match I want and watch it. The bummer is it is all delayed, so you have to avoid knobheads telling you who won.

Ah good to know- will let you know about the college, I'm finding out in March/April so nerves are fairly high at the moment.

Guess I'll have to rely on sites-that-shall-not-be-named in order to keep my rugby up to date... It's a shame, they're never particularly great quality.

Latest posts