• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2022)

blimey, the Waratahs beat the Saders 24-21!. I know the Crusaders rested a few All Blacks but their side should have still been more than good enough to win comfortably.
Even allowing for selection policy from Crusaders and them being down to 13 men at the end thats a huge result for the Tahs and Australia. Delighted for a guy like Hooper that keeps plugging away in hopeless causes.

It does seem the Crusaders are happy enough with cruising into the playoffs as a top 4 side (to avoid an early away game to a top side) and then turn on the revs then. Having said that, at the outset I did speculate if their crown may be slipping.

Brumbies spank the Hurricanes. The slump in NZ rugby seems confirmed and has come just in time to bring this tournament to life. We should get an Aussie home QF at this rate.

I'm glad Drua finally had their first home match. Yes, they lost a close one to the Highlanders, but I'm happy for Drua fans in Suva and the nation of Fiji. 1651421113829.png
1651420686577.png

how good was the crowd, 15k is awesome, hope they can keep it up, a bloody good showing from the drua too
theyve gotta make sure they have a separate heavily discounted price for the locals. no locals no spectacle

theyve gotta make sure they have a separate heavily discounted price for the locals. no locals no spectacle
yeah, they need to learn that bums on seats provides a lot more to the spectacle on screen than the money they actually get for the tickets

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/chief...to-watch-australia-super-rugby-pacific-202257. The Brumbies have comfortably defeated the Chiefs in Hamilton. That's 3 NZ scalps in a row for them - Highlanders, Hurricanes and now the Chiefs. Next up for the Brumbies, the Crusaders at home 🔥.
Yes, the Brumbies form seems genuine rather than purely being a dip in the NZ sides. It's not just their pack either. But Crusaders and Blues for them in the next fortnight will tell us everything. I think at worst though they are eye fourth best side and that's an achievement to whoever is running the show.

Also, my favourite tackle from the weekend so far.

Leicester Fainga'anuku and Salesi Rayasi for the ABs wings. Pita Gus Sowakula for ABs #8
of course i doubt foster has the balls to change the ABs so late in the WC cycle but i reckon we cant not do it

Leicester Fainga'anuku and Salesi Rayasi for the ABs wings. Pita Gus Sowakula for ABs #8
of course i doubt foster has the balls to change the ABs so late in the WC cycle but i reckon we cant not do it
heres the question though, jordie or jordan dropped?

Loving how rayasi is getting himself involved in the game.

. A lot of all blacks options. What about Clarke? Hard to leave out x factor like that.

Canes back three players all playing well too. What's your preferred back three and midfield for the canes at the moment (and reserves if you want)? Pretty hard to pick. And what about laubscher in the weekend - pumping his legs like a mini ardie. Don't discount the canes I reckon - we've got heaps of depth - but they'll be wanting to work on combos about now

Loving how rayasi is getting himself involved in the game.

. A lot of all blacks options. What about Clarke? Hard to leave out x factor like that.

Canes back three players all playing well too. What's your preferred back three and midfield for the canes at the moment (and reserves if you want)? Pretty hard to pick. And what about laubscher in the weekend - pumping his legs like a mini ardie. Don't discount the canes I reckon - we've got heaps of depth - but they'll be wanting to work on combos about now
imo sevuReece and georgeBridge are gone. my back three would be jordan calebClarke, and jordie at the back. with rayasi and Fainga'anuku as reserve options, tho rayasi is the better reserve option because of his versatility and his huge skill set. rayasi plays wing but has a kick and pass and an awesome ball carrying game.

1652270777106.png V 1652270801396.png

I've been waiting a long time for this match and I think Drua will win a close one. :cool:

Last edited:
Alright! Drua got their second win, this one over their new Super Rugby rival. :D

1652510756483.png

Last edited:

Latest posts