• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2023)

What a mess was that highlanders game. The call to bin mikaele tuu was disgracefully bad. I imagine Nic berry has played his way out of the World Cup by now.

Thought the force missed an opportunity to put pressure on at the ruck to disrupt young arscotts ball.

What a mess was that highlanders game. The call to bin mikaele tuu was disgracefully bad. I imagine Nic berry has played his way out of the World Cup by now.

Thought the force missed an opportunity to put pressure on at the ruck to disrupt young arscotts ball.
Thank you! youre the first person ive come across that felt the same, i thought MMT was defending beside the maul and simply tackled the force player who had broken off tro try and dive over the line

i also thought PPP's card was harsh, yes he fell over the line...but the maul still formed and he got back up so personally i think you should just play on as there was no harm...but sure, if you have too then a penalty....but straight to a card?

watch that game legitimately made me wonder if i enjoy rugby any more

Thank you! youre the first person ive come across that felt the same, i thought MMT was defending beside the maul and simply tackled the force player who had broken off tro try and dive over the line

i also thought PPP's card was harsh, yes he fell over the line...but the maul still formed and he got back up so personally i think you should just play on as there was no harm...but sure, if you have too then a penalty....but straight to a card?

watch that game legitimately made me wonder if i enjoy rugby any more
I actually wonder if they got the wrong person with the PPP one, because PPP was right in front of the ref yet the ref asked the tmo for the number. I think it was actually supposed to be a card against Tucker for coming across in the lineout

I actually wonder if they got the wrong person with the PPP one, because PPP was right in front of the ref yet the ref asked the tmo for the number. I think it was actually supposed to be a card against Tucker for coming across in the lineout
PPP definitely came across, his lifter lost him and he fell across the line to avoid falling on his arse, but as i say, landed on his feet, the Force still got the ball and the maul formed...

PPP definitely came across, his lifter lost him and he fell across the line to avoid falling on his arse, but as i say, landed on his feet, the Force still got the ball and the maul formed...
Ahh didn't read properly -have covid, fuzzy brain

Well gotta say the highlanders suck.

Interesting hearing the waratahs players and Aussie commentary team talk up the game and how good the waratahs were. Nah buddies, they sucked too.

Again, not the best game from the ref too

@Kiwiwomble i know your time is limited but you'd benefit at this point from having a second team to support. There just isn't a lot to enjoy about the highlanders at the moment.

Last edited:
Also, brumbies likely to finish higher than they deserve, given their three extra games (after playing all other teams once) are comparatively easy.

Compare this:
Brumbies: reds, waratahs, rebels LOL!!!
Hurricanes: chiefs, blues, moana pacifika
Crusaders: chiefs, blues, moana pacifika
Chiefs: hurricanes, crusaders, highlanders
Blues: hurricanes, crusaders, highlanders

But it's actually moana pacifika I feel the worst for, having to play the canes and crusaders, they should have been given the brumbies draw

Last edited:
Also, brumbies likely to finish higher than they deserve, given their three extra games (after playing all other teams once) are comparatively easy.

Compare this:
Brumbies: reds, waratahs, rebels LOL!!!
Hurricanes: chiefs, blues, moana pacifika
Crusaders: chiefs, blues, moana pacifika
Chiefs: hurricanes, crusaders, highlanders
Blues: hurricanes, crusaders, highlanders

But it's actually moana pacifika I feel the worst for, having to play the canes and crusaders, they should have been given the brumbies draw
Little bit difficult with them being in NZ and all. As they say you can only play what's in front of you. Pfft Blues..easy beats 😬

Hurricanes lucky to win last night. Have 60% possession to 40 and can still only win by 5 points.

Interesting hearing the waratahs players and Aussie commentary team talk up the game and how good the waratahs were. Nah buddies, they sucked too.

@Kiwiwomble i know your time is limited but you'd benefit at this point from having a second team to support. There just isn't a lot to enjoy about the highlanders at the moment.

Highlanders lost by 1 point on friday....Swans (AFL) Lost by 1 point on Sat....the club i managed lost by 2 points in the 2nd and 2 points in 1st grade and Wimbledon....drew!....YAY!

This was an awesome game to watch, at test match intensity with great skill level. Best of all, Waikato Stadium was packed. Just a shame that occasions like this are so sparse in the current format. This was a throwback to the first 10 years of Super Rugby, when it really was the crown jewel in terms of club competitions.

I don't disagree, I just think at test level you can't afford the kind of poor defence he has been guilty of, so, at the moment, I would t pick him. I hope he improves his defence though for sure.

Having said that, I think we are in a poor place with respect to International quality halfbacks. Christie is simply not test standard and it's hard to see that he has much room for improvement, . Fakatava has something to offer but isn't on form. Weber has been ok in terms of super rugby but is a long way from his youthful best and doesn't look like he'd ever be able ti regain that. TJ was absolutely test standard last year but will have to wait and see if he can make it back to that level after injury in time for the World Cup. There are a few up and comers but they aren't ready.

Maybe one of the two babies playing for the highlanders this weekend will make an impact haha
Who's the better defensive 9 then? Pretty thin position for the All Blacks, actually. I will laugh out loud if TJP gets picked.

Last edited:

Comms are paid to pump up the game. So perhaps not that interesting to hear people being paid to play or support the game pumping it up eh?

Anyone can see how terrible SR is in reality. Quality is in the toilet outside a handful of teams, the reffing has been unbelievably bad (bordering on downright unprofessional) and you can pretty much predict every single game with 100% accuracy. I much, much prefer rugby over league but **** me NRL sh!ts on SR from a great great height.

Drua rallied to beat Hurricanes, 27-24. 👏 Impressive!

Last edited:
In the final 5 minutes of the Blues v Moana Pacifica match on Saturday, the Ref fell into that classic trap of only reffing the defending side.
He was blind to any infringement the Blues might make... and they infringed a few times.
I've seen this before from Refs. Human nature I guess!

In the final 5 minutes of the Blues v Moana Pacifica match on Saturday, the Ref fell into that classic trap of only reffing the defending side.
He was blind to any infringement the Blues might make... and they infringed a few times.
I've seen this before from Refs. Human nature I guess!
I think there is a directive to be harsher or focus more on the defending side

First time I have seen TMO review the yellow and turn it into a red.

Good to see Jordan back.

Possibly this upcoming game against the reds, by means of 10-15 minutes off the bench, will be the last we will see if roger tuivasa sheck in rugby union, given he is unlikely to make the all blacks and is out of favour at the blues (only making this 23 because rieko is resting).

Possibly this upcoming game against the reds, by means of 10-15 minutes off the bench, will be the last we will see if roger tuivasa sheck in rugby union, given he is unlikely to make the all blacks and is out of favour at the blues (only making this 23 because rieko is resting).
basically all hes achieved during his time in Union is stopping the development of other centers...

basically all hes achieved during his time in Union is stopping the development of other centers...
Yep. It's a pity we didn't get to see his skills utilized much in rugby. He should have been a fullback, and they shouldn't have taken him on tour with the all blacks when he could have been playing npc. Also, he needed to be in the game longer honestly.

Sbw did his time playing poorly for Toulon before playing in NZ. Laumape always had the crash and bash ability but was poor when he started and developed a lot with time. Burgess despite size etc never really succeeded. It's not easy to become a rugby midfielder if you've come from league. Outside backs is not so hard.

Latest posts