• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Pacific (2023)

very lucky to hold on considering they were something 30-7 up at one point

Looking forward to the scrum battle next weekend highlanders against hurricanes

was just having this conversation, this is Ainsley's big shot to show what he can do
Except the canes decided to start numia, which is just ridiculous and Ainsley getting the better of him won't prove much at all. Tevita mafileo isn't even in the bench

Gotta say the canes with a weaker scrum, a light loose forward trio, not having the same loosie advantage at the end of the game they usually have with the highlanders having both mikaele tuu and withy coming off the bench, I can definitely see the highlanders winning this

Gotta say the canes with a weaker scrum, a light loose forward trio, not having the same loosie advantage at the end of the game they usually have with the highlanders having both mikaele tuu and withy coming off the bench, I can definitely see the highlanders winning this
Could be worth a flutter? Think the canes still firm favs at the TAB

Richie Mounga plays so well for the Crusaders but never quite produces it for the allblacks. I wonder why.
I don't think it's crusaders vs all blacks, I think it's poorer teams with poorer defence and especially not strong rush defence. Look at the lions crusaders game in 2017 as an example of where he played for the crusaders but was completely ineffective because the lions had good rush defence.

But I think if the all blacks continue to attack close to the rucks as they have started to do (and which the crusaders haven't really done much if but nor have they needed to) this will give Richie more opportunity to have a bit more time to exploit defences.

I don't think it's crusaders vs all blacks, I think it's poorer teams with poorer defence and especially not strong rush defence. Look at the lions crusaders game in 2017 as an example of where he played for the crusaders but was completely ineffective because the lions had good rush defence.

But I think if the all blacks continue to attack close to the rucks as they have started to do (and which the crusaders haven't really done much if but nor have they needed to) this will give Richie more opportunity to have a bit more time to exploit defences.
Yeah setting up a few tries against the Force or Rebels doesn't mean ****. I had to laugh at the headlines about BB 'proving a point' last weekend.

Its the Rebels bro, he proved nothing.

so, a little more evidence of how the comp is a bit mess up....three of the NZ teams having a bye on the same weekend....byes arent needed, there are an even number of teams, so this break isn't forced, its a choice so they could have spaced them out

AND...the Moana Pasifika v Reds game....will be on at 2pm on a friday afternoon for QLD fans...sure, 5pm in Samoa and will probably be a big crowd....but why not do it on sat....even in QLD people work at 2pm on a friday

so, a little more evidence of how the comp is a bit mess up....three of the NZ teams having a bye on the same weekend....byes arent needed, there are an even number of teams, so this break isn't forced, its a choice so they could have spaced them out

AND...the Moana Pasifika v Reds game....will be on at 2pm on a friday afternoon for QLD fans...sure, 5pm in Samoa and will probably be a big crowd....but why not do it on sat....even in QLD people work at 2pm on a friday
They probably assumed because the reds don't work that no one in Queensland does

Hurricanes 15:

Rakete stones
Devery
Franks
Sangster
Walker leawere
Delany
Prinsep
Laubscher
Perenara
Cameron
Naholo
Proctor
Sullivan
Sinkinson
Love

Cam Roigard is a big boy for a scrum half! I thought it was a backrow that had broke through to score that try until I saw the number on his back.

if roigard doesn't get a call up as the 2nd or 3rd choice halfback then the system is broken

if roigard doesn't get a call up as the 2nd or 3rd choice halfback then the system is broken
I dunno. He has had poor defence, going high on big boys, getting bumped and then conceding tries, on several occasions this year. If he can stop doing that then yes

I dunno. He has had poor defence, going high on big boys, getting bumped and then conceding tries, on several occasions this year. If he can stop doing that then yes
im sure you're correct (i havent seen enough to judge) but his spark on attack from 9 is exactly what the AB's have been missing, i think he could be huge coming off the bench after a more structured Smith before hand

im sure you're correct (i havent seen enough to judge) but his spark on attack from 9 is exactly what the AB's have been missing, i think he could be huge coming off the bench after a more structured Smith before hand
I don't disagree, I just think at test level you can't afford the kind of poor defence he has been guilty of, so, at the moment, I would t pick him. I hope he improves his defence though for sure.

Having said that, I think we are in a poor place with respect to International quality halfbacks. Christie is simply not test standard and it's hard to see that he has much room for improvement, . Fakatava has something to offer but isn't on form. Weber has been ok in terms of super rugby but is a long way from his youthful best and doesn't look like he'd ever be able ti regain that. TJ was absolutely test standard last year but will have to wait and see if he can make it back to that level after injury in time for the World Cup. There are a few up and comers but they aren't ready.

Maybe one of the two babies playing for the highlanders this weekend will make an impact haha

Latest posts