9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Rob Horne
12 Matt Carraro
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
14 Taqele Naiyaravoro
15 Israel Folau

Reserves:

16 Tolu Latu , 17 Jemery Tilse , 18 Paddy Ryan, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Stephen Hoiles, 21 Pat McKutcheon , 22 Brendan McKibbin, 23 Jono Lance, 24 Peter Betham

150620070250700437.png

150620070246188136.png

1 Brendon Edmonds
2 Liam Coltman
3 Josh Hohneck
4 Alex Ainley
5 Mark Reddish
6 Elliot Dixon
7 James Lentjes
8 Nasi Manu (c)
9 Aaron Smith
10 Lima Sopoaga
11 Patrick Osborne
12 Richard Buckman
13 Malakai Fekitoa
14 Waisake Naholo
15 Ben Smith (c)

Reserves:

16 Ash Dixon, 17 Daniel Lienert-Brown, 18 Ross Geldenhuys, 19 Joe Wheeler, 20 Gareth Evans, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Trent Renata, 23 Shaun Treeby

150625045549718338.jpg

City: Sydney
Stadium: Allianz
Capacity: 45,500

Last edited:
Yes!! Great result to wake up to. Highlanders vs Hurricanes final, let's do it!!!

The home advantage to the Tahs leaves a really bad taste in the mouth though. We are much more deserving, finished on more points, played an extra game, already beaten them before.. The competition really highlighting how incomplete, immature and unfair it still is. Instead of fixing it, it's becoming even more of a mess next season.

Hope Dan is fit for this game, he's been crucial for us past few games and all season. Joe Wheeler maybe fit, which would be a huge boost, Evans and Reddish have been stand outs as well though, I guess he might take Ainsleys spot, or Dans if he's not fit. Last night we ended up playing two locks at flanker because of injuries.

What's your point Conrad Smith from Argentina who supports the Reds? You do realize what "back of the mind" means don't you? Or do I have to explain that to you in black and white as well..

What's your point Conrad Smith from Argentina who supports the Reds? You do realize what "back of the mind" means don't you? Or do I have to explain that to you in black and white as well..

My point is that you are funny and stupid at the same time.

Next year the UAR will have their own SR team so I'm going to support the Pampas XV and I can change my nickname to Felipe Contepomi, Hugo Porta, Agustin Pichot or another Puma legend buuuuuut you will still be a moron :D

I can see what kiwi is saying, I'd rather play the tahs away than the canes away at the moment

My point is that you are funny and stupid at the same time.

Next year the UAR will have their own SR team so I'm going to support the Pampas XV and I can change my nickname to Felipe Contepomi, Hugo Porta, Agustin Pichot or another Puma legend buuuuuut you will still be a moron :D

But you are the stupid one. I've had to explain everything to you the past few days because you're too retarded to understand anything and you resorted to hysterical keyboard laughter last time I called you out, like a 12 year old with a learning disability.

Highlanders are on a big high. I can't see any reason why that should stop now.

Highlanders are on a big high. I can't see any reason why that should stop now.

Yeah. Waratahs will be fresh but some teams don't perform as well having had byes/ the week off. Home advantage will be huge for the Tahs but I'm not so convinced that this could easily go their way. Probably a little bit of bias coming through (I want a Canes v Landers final) but I am really sitting on the fence as to who will win this one, I do think atm it could go either way. Once lineups are released I'll make my decision.

Losing Dan Pryor is a huge. He's been a large part of our end of the season form.

Yeah. Waratahs will be fresh but some teams don't perform as well having had byes/ the week off. Home advantage will be huge for the Tahs but I'm not so convinced that this could easily go their way. Probably a little bit of bias coming through (I want a Canes v Landers final) but I am really sitting on the fence as to who will win this one, I do think atm it could go either way. Once lineups are released I'll make my decision.

Well, a 'Canes-Highlanders final will mean we have a new champ which is always nice. I am with you on the bye being a bit difficult for some teams to come in 'battle ready'. When AC rested the Stormers starting team vs the Sharks I had a bit of reservation about it as history tells us the Stormers struggle getting back into it after a week off. If I'm not off I think the Stormers havn't won a single Semi in two attempts after finishing in the top 2 with the new format and resting the starting team and then back in for the QF is exactly the same scenario. My view was that if we win there then at leas we'll have been tested coming in to the SF and final.. but that didn't end up being the case.

yeah, really banking on our boys fizzing after that QF

One thing i would like to see more of is kicking for territory rather than just bombs. The games we have really bossed are the ones where Sopanga and Smith's have plugged the corners when they could. Giving it to Falau is not a good idea and trying to run it out from our own half puts too much pressure on everyone

good team, i pretty happy

1. Brendon Edmonds
2. Liam Coltman
3. Josh Hohneck
4. Alex Ainley
5. Mark Reddish
6. Elliot Dixon
7. James Lentjes
8. Nasi Manu (co-Captain)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Lima Sopoaga
11. Patrick Osborne
12. Richard Buckman
13. Malakai Fekitoa
14. Waisake Naholo
15. Ben Smith (co-Captain)
Reserves:
16. Ash Dixon
17. Daniel Lienert-Brown
18. Ross Geldenhuys
19. Joe Wheeler
20. Gareth Evans
21. Fumiaki Tanaka
22. Trent Renata
23. Shaun Treeby

Yeah good team, we're going to miss Dan though. I'm surprised Evans didn't get the nod ahead of Ainley.

God I hope we win.

Kurtley Beale is ruled out for the game

Tahs starting XV:

1 Benn Robinson
2 Tatafu Polota-Nau
3 Sekope Kepu
4 Will Skelton
5 Dave Dennis (c)
6 Jacques Potgieter
7 Michael Hooper
8 Wycliff Palu
9 Nick Phipps
10 Bernard Foley
11 Rob Horne
12 Matt Carraro
13 Adam Ashley-Cooper
14 Taqele Naiyaravoro
15 Israel Folau

Reserves: 16 Tolu Latu , 17 Jemery Tilse , 18 Paddy Ryan, 19 Mitchell Chapman, 20 Stephen Hoiles, 21 Pat McKutcheon , 22 Brendan McKibbin, 23 Jono Lance, 24 Peter Betham

Last edited:
Cant really call this one, Going to be a great game! Tahs have a slightly more all round game, due to there bigger and more experienced pack..

Cant really call this one, Going to be a great game! Tahs have a slightly more all round game, due to there bigger and more experienced pack..

I don't really buy this. I think our pack is just as good and very underrated.

The only reason I can see the Tahs winning is due to having a weeks rest, while we had a tough game vs the Chiefs and they get an undeserved home semi-final.

We are the better team.

I don't really buy this. I think our pack is just as good and very underrated.

The only reason I can see the Tahs winning is due to having a weeks rest, while we had a tough game vs the Chiefs and they get an undeserved home semi-final.

We are the better team.

Yes and no. I do agree with the fact that the Tahs don't really deserve to have the home advantage but if the Tahs are at the top of their game I'd back them over the Landers (just) but they have been a lil off and on this season whereas the Highlanders have been pretty consistent (solid) all season. I do feel as though the Landers going into this as underdogs is a fair statement but that's still purely because of that home advantage the Tahs have. On neutral ground you'd have to back the Landers but Pryor being out is a big blow. I am swaying towards the Landers still winning this one but gee it could go either way.

Agree with the Landers' pack being underrated, probably because a lot of people outside the country (or even region) don't recognise quite a few of the Landers because they're not household names (yet at least). It's a very strong pack and honestly a very similar style of that to the Canes.

yeah, really banking on our boys fizzing after that QF

One thing i would like to see more of is kicking for territory rather than just bombs. The games we have really bossed are the ones where Sopanga and Smith's have plugged the corners when they could. Giving it to Falau is not a good idea and trying to run it out from our own half puts too much pressure on everyone

I agree I really want to see Sopoaga direct this team around the field and play for field position and then strike. I feel if they can dominate field position they will go a long ways to beating this Tahs team.

Iv seen atleast two or three games this season where he has been really good (sharks game was insane) and he just needs to get consistent with it. The HL will be nigh on unstoppable if he can get consistent with dominating field position and tactical kicking.

Just rewatched the HL vs Tahs game earlier in the season... Other than the first 20 minutes the HL pretty much owned them so im hoping for more of the same.

Last edited:

Latest posts